Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lexus - December To Remember 2017

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lexus - December To Remember 2017
    Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 2:39am
It's NOV. 1ST!! 

Wow, the ads are in FULL BLOWN mode now. Is it me or did thee slowly ease in during the first week of November in the past. I just don't recall seeing SO many on the first day of November.

F'ing World Series, loads of Xmas ads...Walmart, Toys R Us, Holiday events with all the cars. Angry

Sponsored Links

Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 11:00am
Originally posted by ThatNerdInPhilly ThatNerdInPhilly wrote:

It's NOV. 1ST!! 

Wow, the ads are in FULL BLOWN mode now. Is it me or did thee slowly ease in during the first week of November in the past. I just don't recall seeing SO many on the first day of November.

F'ing World Series, loads of Xmas ads...Walmart, Toys R Us, Holiday events with all the cars. Angry

Whenever I think of the Lexus "December to Remember", I remember all the reasons their advertising annoys me, and why I don't want to purchase any of their vehicles.

Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 1:29pm
Yuppie's getting ready to celebrate Christmas, just what I don't need to see this early in fall!
One man gathers what another man spills
Kelly H View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelly H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 2:45pm
if you hate the Lexus Xmas as much as I do, you will get a laugh from this awesome 50 questions about the Lexus Bow Making Family - it's probably the funniest thing I've seen on this (unfortunately now becoming a Christmas tradition) commercial - enjoy:
http://uproxx.com/tv/50-questions-bow-making-family-2013-lexus-christmas-commercials/
usmaak View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2017 at 2:41am
I didn't see these on here.  I searched, but yea, the search for this site sucks.

I hate the stupid December to Remember commercials every year, but this are particularly obnoxious, awful, and generally bad pieces of sh1t.  Three so far.  Who knows how many more they'll have.

DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2017 at 2:56am
I hate these actual commercials (yeah, stereotyping:  black kid dancing, the whatever guy happy his wife bought him a car, and the frivolous girl).  I hate the entire December to Remember B$ they fling at us every year!  Angry
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2017 at 3:48am
Odious holiday commercial aside, what Lexus is producing that I truly hate the most, is that hideously ugly-ass front grille they've been putting on their crapmobiles for the past coupla few years or so.

WTF inspired this mess anyway, Darth Vader's mask??? Is it supposed to look like something out of Star Wars???

Fugliest thing I've ever seen.

I'm surprised it doesn't scare children.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2017 at 5:09am
Yes, they came out with Stormtrooper-faced cars sometime last year for a tie-in with that stupid movie.  Guess they're still trying to unload them...  LOL

Saw this elsewhere:
Quote When you have a big dick you don't have to over compensate by giving expensive cars as gifts
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2017 at 8:25am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Odious holiday commercial aside, what Lexus is producing that I truly hate the most, is that hideously ugly-ass front grille they've been putting on their crapmobiles for the past coupla few years or so.

WTF inspired this mess anyway, Darth Vader's mask??? Is it supposed to look like something out of Star Wars???

Fugliest thing I've ever seen.

I'm surprised it doesn't scare children.

I call it "the Dust Buster look" because it reminds me of those 1980s portable vacuum cleaners.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2017 at 8:58am
BMW is supposed to say "class", not "cheap action flick/video game".

Maybe their market's different than it used to be.  I see 20-somethings driving them these days.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2017 at 11:36am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Maybe their market's different than it used to be.  I see 20-somethings driving them these days.

BMW???

I think you've got your overpriced yuppie-mobiles confused.

Either that or you weren't fully awake yet when you posted that.

This is a thread about Lexus.

BMW's still look pretty much like they always have...

...at least around the front grille area, ayway.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2017 at 11:40am
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

I call it "the Dust Buster look" because it reminds me of those 1980s portable vacuum cleaners.

Whatever it resembles, it's beyond me how anyone could think that it's an attractive or desirable look for the front end of a car.

It's downright tacky looking, really.

C'mon, man!
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2017 at 5:37pm
Not only is the Lexus grille tacky, but it would be a bitch to keep clean.  Maybe they are gearing up to reintroduce the car bras that were (un)popular years ago.  You know, like let's invent cell phones, and now we can invent cell phone cases, charms, screen protectors, ...  Tongue
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2017 at 8:15pm

BMW???

I think you've got your overpriced yuppie-mobiles confused.

Either that or you weren't fully awake yet when you posted that.

This is a thread about Lexus.

BMW's still look pretty much like they always have...

...at least around the front grille area, ayway.

Yeah, 3:30am probably isn't the best time to be posting about Mercedes.  LOL

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2017 at 10:08pm

Yeah, 3:30am probably isn't the best time to be posting about Mercedes.  LOL

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2017 at 10:28pm
Only way I would remember a Lexus in December, much less any other month, would be if my broke-azz brakes failed me now and I slid into one...
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Ad Endless Nauseum View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad Endless Nauseum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2017 at 5:07am
One thing that annoys me most about this brand and it's ilk, is that they NEVER have "sales", only "sales events". 😖

They also don't have any "used" cars. Just like Mercedes, they only carry "pre-owned" cars.
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Defense de fumer et de cracher

A message brought to you by this station and the Ad Council.
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2017 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by Ad Endless Nauseum Ad Endless Nauseum wrote:

One thing that annoys me most about this brand and it's ilk, is that they NEVER have "sales", only "sales events". 😖

They also don't have any "used" cars. Just like Mercedes, they only carry "pre-owned" cars.
"Certified pre-owned" cracks me up. They are guarantying it is a used car?Confused
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2017 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

Not only is the Lexus grille tacky, but it would be a bitch to keep clean.  Maybe they are gearing up to reintroduce the car bras that were (un)popular years ago.  You know, like let's invent cell phones, and now we can invent cell phone cases, charms, screen protectors, ...  Tongue

BTW, Toyota, which is affiliated with Lexus, has the same or a very similar grille design.

I've always respected Toyota for the quality and reliability of their product, but some years ago, their body designs just started getting uglier and uglier.

I can't remember when the last year was that they produced a good looking vehicle.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2017 at 5:40pm

BTW, Toyota, which is affiliated with Lexus, has the same or a very similar grille design.

I've always respected Toyota for the quality and reliability of their product, but some years ago, their body designs just started getting uglier and uglier.

I can't remember when the last year was that they produced a good looking vehicle.
My older sister owned an early 80s Supra, it's a pretty sharp car.

The last sports car my dad owned was a 2003 Lexus SC430, an amazing little car with a high performance V8 and a convertable hardtop.

I met with my siblings at my dad's to help clean out his condo after he died, another reference to my older sister (the executor of the will), she gave me the option to take the car home with me...Hell yes!!

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2017 at 5:34am
Quote "Certified pre-owned" cracks me up. They are guarantying it is a used car?Confused

No, they are actually saying it's not a stolen car they are selling you...  Wink
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2017 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

My older sister owned an early 80s Supra, it's a pretty sharp car.

The last sports car my dad owned was a 2003 Lexus SC430, an amazing little car with a high performance V8 and a convertable hardtop.

I met with my siblings at my dad's to help clean out his condo after he died, another reference to my older sister (the executor of the will), she gave me the option to take the car home with me...Hell yes!!

I liked the Supra styling. Also the second generation MR2.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2017 at 8:19pm
Hey is that a Twin Turbo? I've watched a YouTube video of a race modified one in Gran Turismo. That's enough about video games.

BTW what happened to the Supra? It went from a sleek semi-boxy Corvette-like design in the 80s to a bulbous, soft curved roundish design in the 90s. Still sleek but not as pretty. Same thing happened to the NSX. From the 1990s sleek sport like body style to an angular sharp angled design.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 2:22am
It just occurred to me:

"December to Remember"
and then "For a limited time."

Well.... duh?

For the record, I ABSOLUTELY ABHOR this whole "December to Remember" crap.  Angry
What about September?  October, November? ... Transgender?

I think I'd remember that last one, even without the commercial!  Shocked
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 4:46pm
ConfusedIs it just ME or has anyone else noticed that Lexus has become the new 'Cadillac in 'da Hood'? They're all over the place, parked in front of the converted garage-to-home and 'shack attack' neighborhoods, clearly worth more than the home itself? Is it 'Home Where the Heart Is', or in 'da back seat o'my 'December To Remember Lexus' wit' yo' legs spread or you enjoying my 'Summer Sausage Snacky'? 

I'll never own a Lexus and I quit buying Timberland shoes 25 years ago. Why should I remember a December when my Lexus got stolen and parted out leaving me trudging through the snow in my bad ol'Tims?
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic