Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Galaxy Note 8 ad

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atikovi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Galaxy Note 8 ad
    Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 2:31am

I can't tell, but is that an Asian chick?
Sponsored Links

Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 2:53am
Originally posted by atikovi atikovi wrote:

No, see's a caucasian. The music is an old Peggy Lee song from the 1940's. 
I actually don't mind this ad, so far.....they'll probably play it to death though.

Wait a minute.....I didn't see this version on the telly!Wink
One man gathers what another man spills
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 3:04pm
LOLLOL  Is this a joke?  Young people have it so easy, these days.  Evil Smile

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 3:29pm
Originally posted by Jimmy Jimmy wrote:

I actually don't mind this ad, so far.....they'll probably play it to death though.

Her name is Cyrina Fiallo and she is getting a lot of commercial gigs lately.

The first ad I remember seeing her in, was in one of those America's Best Eyeglasses commercials with Norm MacDonald as the talking owl...

Apparently she had done some prior work but after the AB ad, she started getting jobs with bigger companies.

Here's a list of her ads on iSpot.tv (link)
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Dejoh View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dejoh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 3:40pm
Funny how she all of a sudden grew a large mole on her cheek.  Not there in her American Best Eyeglass ad.
There's a sucker born every minute.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 4:14pm
Alrighty then, it's a parody. Nobody noticed the 'Let's f*ck' message?  Here is the real commercial.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Alrighty then, it's a parody. Nobody noticed the 'Let's f*ck' message?  Here is the real commercial.

I noticed it a r, I was just too busy talking about the cute chick...

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by Dejoh Dejoh wrote:

Funny how she all of a sudden grew a large moll on her cheek.  Not there in her American Best Eyeglass ad.

Maybe it's a zit...   

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 4:34pm
LOL  And which one is suggesting intercourse?  I'll have what he's having!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 5:08pm

LOL  And which one is suggesting intercourse?  I'll have what he's having!

Me too!!!!

C'mon, man!
atikovi View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atikovi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 6:33pm

OK but they got her made up as an Asian and that dude is certainly Asian. Remember her Subaru commercials now.
https://www.ispot.tv/ad/ALdB/subaru-crosstrek-crossroads-song-by-the-jujus
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 7:08pm

OK but they got her made up as an Asian and that dude is certainly Asian. Remember her Subaru commercials now.

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/ALdB/subaru-crosstrek-crossroads-song-by-the-jujus

Maybe she's just supposed to be an asiophile

C'mon, man!
atikovi View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atikovi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 8:34pm
If you say you LIKE Asian women, it's not racist.

DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 8:55pm

I noticed the parody message, but since Jimmy answered the OP's query as to whether she's Asian, I didn't say anything.  Tongue  I've seen the real commercial too many times.  Sleepy  To me it's just another promotion of the interracial couple trope that's been going on for a long time now.  Sleepy
Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 10:20pm
Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

I noticed the parody message, but since Jimmy answered the OP's query as to whether she's Asian, I didn't say anything.  Tongue  I've seen the real commercial too many times.  Sleepy  To me it's just another promotion of the interracial couple trope that's been going on for a long time now.  Sleepy

Interracial couples have been around for many decades in the UK, it doesn't bother me an iota.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 10:31pm
Thank you! I agree, Jimmy!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 10:36pm

Interracial couples have been around for many decades in the UK, it doesn't bother me an iota.

It doesn't bother me, either.  It just seems so PC-driven.  Something that companies would never have done a few years ago, they've all now decided to do (since that Cheerios commercial a few years back)---and we, the viewers, are not supposed to take note lest we want to be called racist.  It's kind of "the elephant in the room". 

Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 10:45pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

It doesn't bother me, either.  It just seems so PC-driven.  Something that companies would never have done a few years ago, they've all now decided to do (since that Cheerios commercial a few years back)---and we, the viewers, are not supposed to take note lest we want to be called racist.  It's kind of "the elephant in the room". 

Gotcha, Thor. Very good point, as always.
Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 10:51pm
Originally posted by Dejoh Dejoh wrote:

Funny how she all of a sudden grew a large mole on her cheek.  Not there in her American Best Eyeglass ad.

The young lady does have a mole on her cheek, perhaps she had some make up to cover it on the eyeglass ad. I don't like when makeup artists do that sort of cover up stuff. She's a lovely lady, and just as Cindy Crawford never covered her famous mole, this lovely lass shouldn't as well.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 11:03pm
If you like 'em, they're "beauty marks".  If you don't, they're "moles".

DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2017 at 12:14am

Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

Interracial couples don't bother me per se, Jimmy.  It's like Thor said.  Before the bandwagon, it was verboten to suggest people of different races got together to make a couple.  The I Love Lucy marriage on TV and real life of Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz was somehow overlooked because Desi was Hispanic.  It wouldn't have been acceptable if he were black.  Then we got the rainbow coalition, which showed all races getting together.  Then the couples, married or not.  It is just a stupid PC-thing now to show how progressive and diversified companies want to appear.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2017 at 10:23am
I've noticed they like to show a lot of white male-black female couples.  In real life, that's pretty uncommon.  It's usually a black guy with a white female.

atikovi View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atikovi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2017 at 11:41am
And what's with the jungle music in the ad? Now that might be a tad racist.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2017 at 12:07pm

I've noticed they like to show a lot of white male-black female couples.  In real life, that's pretty uncommon.  It's usually a black guy with a white female.

Since when have commercials become known for depicting the world the way it really is?

Since never, that's when.

C'mon, man!
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2017 at 1:54pm

If you like 'em, they're "beauty marks".  If you don't, they're "moles".

If it's large and sprouting hair it's a mole.Wink
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic