Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television Related Rants
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

October 29th and Hallmark's running...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: October 29th and Hallmark's running...
    Posted: 29 Oct 2017 at 9:51pm
24/7 CHRISTMAS movies. In fact, this started on Friday Oct 27th! Their Movies & Mysteries channel has also gone 24/7 Xmas. Guess they're off my television until we get much closer to the holiday. I'm so sick of the holidays running down our necks in October. Walmart is full of Christmas stuff already, not even Halloween and the entire Garden Center is full of snowglobes and decorations and cute little Xmas dolls. Hobby Lobby was full of Xmas stuff last month!
You watch, CBS will start running Rudolph and Frosty two weeks before Thanksgiving one of these years. The holidays don't begin until Santa arrives at the Macy's Parade. Nothing before that!
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2017 at 11:41pm
The Christmas pimping will be in high gear and full steam ahead the day after Halloween.

I heard that Target has decided as a matter of policy to hold back on their Christmas promotion this year until after Thanksgiving.

They said they're going to try to put more emphasis on Thanksgiving during November.

If they do that, good for them!!!!

Maybe they'll start a trend.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2017 at 11:46pm
Target said they would avoid Christmas Creep this year, but, they lied. I saw Christmas lights displayed next to the Halloween candy at my local Target!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 12:22am
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

Target said they would avoid Christmas Creep this year, but, they lied. I saw Christmas lights displayed next to the Halloween candy at my local Target!

Yes, Christmas Creep was the term they used.

I'll give them a chance. Maybe what they meant was that they wouldn't go into full blown Christmas pimp mode until after Thanksgiving.

But I would still expect them to put out SOME stuff.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 4:04am
Quote  Hobby Lobby was full of Xmas stuff last month!

The HL I went to in May/June already had their displays set up...  LOL
DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 1:46pm
Wait, what? I've seen the Hallmark ads, they start showing their Christmas movies Oct 29th yeah but from the ad I saw it wasn't 24/7.
"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 10:47pm
I'm sick of this!

Petsmart has just put out a Christmas version of their ads. Gack!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
(0)(0) View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (0)(0) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 8:27pm
To stop the Christmas Creep is simple. Just advertise Santa 365 days a year. Problem solved.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic