Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Range Rover Velar White Dogs (VIDEO)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Range Rover Velar White Dogs (VIDEO)
    Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 2:40am

Weird commercial. Although the dogs are cool.
A high-tech electronics British vehicle. Are they taunting the spirit of Sir Joseph Lucas/Prince of Darkness?
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Sponsored Links

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 2:54pm

I thought they were trying for the 'Artic Wolf' look and failed miserably given Wolves don't bark.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 3:49pm
I'm more interested in the dogs than the SUV!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
CapeCat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapeCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 4:51pm
I dislike this ad for many reasons but the main reason that I find it so repellent is that it seems to revel in  threatening the lives of  the dogs.  According to ispot, the vehicle is supposedly giving them the side-eye and is "intimidating"  them - but to me, it looks as though it just barely missed hitting them.   The car isn't "tough", anyway - a car is a machine - but the idiot driving it is playing at being tough, which is just nauseating.  In fact - He's driving like a total jerk.   And the dogs' whining sound as though they have in fact been hurt.  Not cool at all, you geniuses in the agency.  Making children and animals cry is no way to sell anything, you sniveling little perps of perversion!!  Get out of my living room!! AngryAngryAngryAngry  
CapeCat
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 5:40pm
What the hell is this about??  Some smart system to make up for an idiot, distracted driver? ^Thumbs Up

Why are these dogs running loose? It pisses me off! Angry

When Leah was a pup, we would take her off her leash on walking trails and naturally at the dog park.

We learned early on that she would chase anything and everything. Joggers, bicycle riders, cars and motorcycles drove her nuts.

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

What the hell is this about??  Some smart system to make up for an idiot, distracted driver? ^Thumbs Up

Why are these dogs running loose? It pisses me off! Angry

When Leah was a pup, we would take her off her leash on walking trails and naturally at the dog park.

We learned early on that she would chase anything and everything. Joggers, bicycle riders, cars and motorcycles drove her nuts.

The thing that pisses me off more than dogs running loose is trying to sell some sort of automatic braking/collision avoidance high tech safety system in a Lucas electric equipped Land Rover. Now that's scary!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 6:16pm
^LOL

My dad bought my older sister an MGB in the early 70's, I learned to drive in her boyfriends 'B' at the age of 15. Those of you with a good memory will remember the dark story here...ahem.

MG's are notorious for electrical problems, British Leyland.
Dejoh View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dejoh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 7:38pm
My large German Shepard dog Rolf (RIP), would have jumped up on the drivers side and stared into the window, while leaving a giant 3-4 inch scratch on the drivers door.  He was fearless.
The Velar's $50,895 base price.  Add taxes and all the other crap and there you go.
There's a sucker born every minute.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 7:48pm
Don't even go there! Wink

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 7:54pm
You could have stuffed your German Shepherd and kept him in the front room next to the fireplace forever, for that much...or is that what you did?
(I like GS's)
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 8:04pm

^LOL

My dad bought my older sister an MGB in the early 70's, I learned to drive in her boyfriends 'B' at the age of 15. Those of you with a good memory will remember the dark story here...ahem.

MG's are notorious for electrical problems, British Leyland.
I somehow survived owning 4 British sports cars with no electrical or other serious problems. 1960 Austin Healey Sprite Mk1, 1960 MGA roadster, 1962 MGA coupe, and 1966 MGB roadster. Many problems with British cars was driving and servicing them like a Chevy. The electrical problems are real. I'm sure my lack of them was mostly just dumb luck and knowing they were positive ground systems.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 8:13pm

Anybody in their right mind ever realize when you purchase a British automobile you actually were buying a hobby?  

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 8:55pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Anybody in their right mind ever realize when you purchase a British automobile you actually were buying a hobby?  

Even if nothing breaks the intensive maintenance with odd fluids required is still a hobby.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

Even if nothing breaks the intensive maintenance with odd fluids required is still a hobby.
...alone with SU carburetors and positive electrical grounding systems that use generators in place of alternators.
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 11:48pm

...alone with SU carburetors and positive electrical grounding systems that use generators in place of alternators.
SU Carburetors are actually simple and easy to rebuild. The trick is getting the dual carbs synchronized. The tool is called a unisync. My buddy had one but he was in the Army stationed in Germany when I needed one. His dad and I looked everywhere with no luck. I limped the MG about 10 blocks to the pros who did it for $15. This was in the early 1970s. It would probably cost $150 now.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 2:06am

SU Carburetors are actually simple and easy to rebuild. The trick is getting the dual carbs synchronized. The tool is called a unisync. My buddy had one but he was in the Army stationed in Germany when I needed one. His dad and I looked everywhere with no luck. I limped the MG about 10 blocks to the pros who did it for $15. This was in the early 1970s. It would probably cost $150 now.
My issue with SU's were the fact of how often they had to be sync'd, drained/cleaned or honed. I owned assorted BritMobiles in El Paso, of all places - sandstorms played hell on all Jag/all AH or MG/Triumph...
CatLady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2018 at 2:52am
http://www.wolf.org/wolf-info/basic-wolf-info/biology-and-behavior/communication/   

Wolves Do bark. Get your facts straight before you make comments.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2018 at 10:13am
Originally posted by CatLady CatLady wrote:

http://www.wolf.org/wolf-info/basic-wolf-info/biology-and-behavior/communication/   

So, you join up on this forum just so you can make that sort of comment??!  What a bitch!  LOL

NJtoTX View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJtoTX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2018 at 1:24pm
So they're selling the idea that you're in a horror movie, but insulated from the scary night creatures who will tear you apart if you bump one of them.

It's like when the family leaves at the end of The Birds.
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2018 at 2:36pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

So, you join up on this forum just so you can make that sort of comment??!  What a bitch!  LOL

HEY WELCOME to Commercials I  HATE!!
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
Dejoh View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dejoh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2018 at 5:01pm
Whether you have a little 20 pound pooper, or a dog that will tear your left nut off.  They are all our family.

There's a sucker born every minute.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2018 at 5:14pm

LOLLOL

Don't mind Thor, he's just old and not sleeping well.  Not only that, the old Wolf hasn't been around in over a week.  Bark or not.

msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2018 at 5:15pm
[QUOTE=CatLady] http://www.wolf.org/wolf-info/basic-wolf-info/biology-and-behavior/communication/   

Wolves Do bark. Get your facts straight before you make comments.[/QUOTE

Hmmmm CatLady.... CreamLady. We're all in for good times.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

atikovi View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atikovi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2018 at 5:45pm

LOLLOL

Don't mind Thor, he's just old and not sleeping well.  Not only that, the old Wolf hasn't been around in over a week.  Bark or not.

Think he was making a pun about bitch and how it refers to a dog/wolf.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2018 at 5:52pm
^ You could be right, I think he was calling her a bitch.  A lot of new members don't like what some of us have to say.  They post their negative comment and we never see them again.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic