Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Burlington- It's Just Burlington (video)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 10:09am
Burlington is quickly moving up my list of most hated commercials  Angry

Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 11:35am
Whussup wit dat stupid whistling thing you hear right at the end of them, too?

I guess it's supposed to make us feel whimsical and cutesy-wootsey.

The last time I was in a Burlington COAT FACTORY it felt like being in any other cheap, crappy discount store. Like Beall's or Ross or even Kmart.

I didn't feel whimsical at all.

I just wanted to GTF outta there.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2017 at 10:49am
I must be hearing things...The woman says "Christmas dinner" at 07 seconds? Confused

DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2017 at 9:50pm
Yep, that's what she said.  She's holding up a holiday-decorated tray and gravy boat though, so I guess it's for the Christmas dinner.
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2017 at 10:07pm
Ross.. its just ....ROSS

CLONEzzz
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2017 at 10:48am
CHRIST!!  Angry  Is it just me or does Burlington lean toward one demographic? So annoying!

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 5:41pm
^ That commercial is airing all of the time. The lady says...."Merry Christmas, Burlington!"

What a steaming pile of BS!!

STFU!  Burlington!   AngryAngryAngry  I hope they can fit all of that sh!t into the Escalade!
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2017 at 1:53am
This will be known as "Coat Factory." I am little shocked this place became a nationwide store especially in this day and age. I remember the one and only original in Burlington, NJ.  Dumpy white building across from a few strip clubs. The original location closed a long time ago...the building still stands, and the strip clubs are still there. 

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2017 at 3:51am
Originally posted by ThatNerdInPhilly ThatNerdInPhilly wrote:

This will be known as "Coat Factory." I am little shocked this place became a nationwide store especially in this day and age. I remember the one and only original in Burlington, NJ.  Dumpy white building across from a few strip clubs. The original location closed a long time ago...the building still stands, and the strip clubs are still there.

I always assumed BCF was named for Burlington, Vermont.

Is that white building really the original location?

Glad to see someone else besides me using a screenshot from Google Maps Street View for a change.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2017 at 2:30pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Originally posted by ThatNerdInPhilly ThatNerdInPhilly wrote:

I always assumed BCF was named for Burlington, Vermont.

Is that white building really the original location?

Glad to see someone else besides me using a screenshot from Google Maps Street View for a change.

Yeah, that sad vacant cold building on the left. This older photo, this is what I recall...no fancy signs. Just the name spray pained on the walls. 

I always use Google Street view for reference, especially when giving directions. Big smile Far easier (I hope) for the person.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic