Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Burlington- It's Just Burlington (video)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Burlington- It's Just Burlington (video)
    Posted: 04 Oct 2017 at 6:34pm
These people! Angry  I'm hoping this is just another brick and mortar store that closes soon.

As I type this, my blood pressure is rising because freaking Wayfair has another one of their older commercials going on now.   I'm in commercials hell!!!!~!

Sponsored Links

DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 8:30am
Enough with the It's Just Burlington!  We've got it, Burlington Coat Factory, you shortened your name.  Now STFU.  Angry

The second chick with the vocal fry who loves the jewelry.  Dead
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 6:26pm
^Hell yes!  The woman does it at the end too at about 10 seconds.  Why do women do that? Angry

Clear your throat you c*m drunk drama queen! Angry
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 9:20pm
^ Yep, two offenders, both female.  At least the second one perks it up at the end.  After being coached by the weird-looking ponytail chick.  Sleepy
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 2:47pm
f**k off commercial assholes i'm still gonna call it "Burlington Coat Factory" if I damn well please!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 3:21pm
I'm never going to refer to them as anything, period.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 7:10pm
My wife was doing it (vocal fry) just a few minutes ago, I might have to kill her. Evil Smile
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 7:12pm
I went in one at a local factory outlet mall several years ago.

Was not impressed.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 8:04pm

If I can't get what I need at Walmart or Sears, I figure I'm just being too fussy, and I just do without.

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 5:37am
They changed it to Just Burlington because people found it too hard to say "Burlington  服装厂"...

LOL
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 10:41am
You'd think that a broadcast powerhouse like ABC/Disney would be able to attract a bigger variety of sponsors and higher quality commercials.  BUT NO!!!  It the same old BS over and over again. Angry

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 11:31am
I doubt they give a crap about the quality of the commercials that run on their network.

As long as the advertisers' money is green and plentiful, they're happy.

C'mon, man!
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 2:55pm
More like Hurlington! Am I right, am I right!?
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

More like Hurlington! Am I right, am I right!?

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 5:26pm
^LOLLOL

They've been kept in a mayonnaise jar on Funk and Wagnalls'
porch since noon today. No one knows the contents of these envelopes – but you

Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 6:48pm
I came up with that name way back in 2006 when it still had "Coat Factory" in its name. This when they first opened at Waterbury's Brass Mill Center Mall. I was disappointed when I didn't see an actual cost factory in there!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 8:03pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

^LOLLOL

They've been kept in a mayonnaise jar on Funk and Wagnalls'
porch since noon today. No one knows the contents of these envelopes – but you

If you look closely you'll see that your YouTube video is the exact same episode the pic I posted is from.

Check Ed's clothes.

Weird, huh?

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 8:09pm
Not at all, Jimbo.
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 10:52pm
I always look forward to seeing Johhny Carson at 10pm! He's funnier than Stephen Colbert, Jimmy Kimmel, Jay Leno, James Corden,and Trevor Noah combined!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 10:57pm
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

I always look forward to seeing Johhny Carson at 10pm! He's funnier than Stephen Colbert, Jimmy Kimmel, Jay Leno, James Corden,and Trevor Noah combined!

Absolutely!!!

I hope they start doing weeknight reruns of Letterman soon.

I'd love to be able to look forward to watching Dave again every night.

I remember his show was in reruns during the daytime for awhile.

C'mon, man!
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 11:13pm
I still remember "Will It Float?" Letterman was a good host to watch to get over fears about the future!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 11:20pm
Yeah, I remember a lot of the goofy, innovative stuff he used to do like crushing things in a hydraulic press...

...dropping stuff off the roof of the building and so on.

One day he rented a diesel locomotive engine and ran into things with it like several big burlap bags of flour, a glass shelf full of glass items, cans of different colored paint, etc, etc.

I think he did that more than once. Here's another episode...

Oh yeah, and crushing things with a steamroller...

Those were the great days of late night TV.

It all sucks now.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 11:25am

SHUT UP!!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2017 at 7:24pm
^ The woman says that there is nothing worse than not having a warm coat....WRONG!! ASSWIPE!

The worse thing is these pitiful freaking commercials
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2017 at 9:28pm
That 45° angled heart that's supposed to look like the letter B really just looks like a bent-over booty.

C'mon, man!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic