Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Purina Beneful - Superfoods

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gizmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Purina Beneful - Superfoods
    Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 4:58am
I honestly cannot believe this one hasn't been posted yet. At least a search yielded no results.

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/wd5w/purina-beneful-grain-free-superfoods

I have to change the channel every time this comes on. I hate this commercial so much, I signed up to this site just to post it.

"Oh... (smack). mmmmph (smack). Oh yeah (smack). Is that pumpkin? (Smack). "
Sponsored Links

DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 6:13am
I hadn't seen this one on TV yet.  I don't like the voice for the dog.  Let the dog just be a dog!

Gizmo View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gizmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 6:18am
The voice actor is David Deluise. Thank you for inbeding the video. I'm new here so I don't know how. It's not so much the voice that bugs me. It's the obnoxious smacking noises and talking with his mouth full.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 8:53am
Originally posted by Gizmo Gizmo wrote:

The voice actor is David Deluise. 

He used to appear in their commercials.  Musta been 8 years ago by now?

Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 6:26am
Welcome to CIH, Gizmo! :D I remember David Deluise best as Jerry Russo on Wizards Of Waverly Place. :) He was doing the Beneful commercials back then too. I wonder what made him come back to the Beneful commercials after so long.
My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D.😀 Hitting on a Lesbian who speaks to you and about you like trash means you're REALLY desperate! 😀

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 6:38pm
I don't mind this commercial too much, I like when the dog says "Time to wrestle" @ 23 seconds.

Gizmo View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gizmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 6:48pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

I don't mind this commercial too much, I like when the dog says "Time to wrestle" @ 23 seconds

Jeez, I hope I'm not the only one that hates this commercial. The first time I heard it was on the radio so I didn't have the cute dog to distract from the open mouth chewing and smacking every 2 seconds. It is nails on a chalkboard to me. If that is your dog in the pic, btw, he (she?) is very handsome. And no wonder you like the commercial. You're biased.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 9:01pm
The best dog commercials are ones in which no human voice is used.  Dogs are fine as is.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2017 at 12:33am
I liked the dog's voice in the old Beggin' Strips commercial.

It was the woman's vocal fried voice I couldn't stand.

It's usually cats who get voiced in pet food commercials and it's usually something snobby sounding like Morris.

Commercials even stereotype animals I guess.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Gizmo View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gizmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2017 at 4:42am
Yeah the Beggin Strips commercial never bothered me. I actually kinda liked it. Dog or car food commercials usually don't bother me. It's just THIS commercial. Trust me, once you've seen it enough times it'll start to wear on you.
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2017 at 3:35pm
the thing that irks me is their cheap ass assumption that seemingly ALL dogs talk like this..i know, thats like playing into their "blueberry and pumpkin" dog personification angle, but having two dogs myself, I am PRETTY SURE they MAY have different voices than that kibblebag deluise
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2017 at 6:00pm
What's you talkin bout, doggie?

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2017 at 8:27pm
The talking while the mouth is full is what really bothers me. If they just did the voiceover with no smacking or mouth full of food it wouldn't irk me!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Gizmo View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gizmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2017 at 2:13am
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

The talking while the mouth is full is what really bothers me. If they just did the voiceover with no smacking or mouth full of food it wouldn't irk me!

THANK YOU. I'm not the only one!

Aka Ron, are those your dogs? I'm assuming the German shepherd is a girl? Is the husky also yours? Beautiful dogs, regardless.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2017 at 5:38pm
Originally posted by Gizmo Gizmo wrote:

Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

THANK YOU. I'm not the only one!

Aka Ron, are those your dogs? I'm assuming the German shepherd is a girl? Is the husky also yours? Beautiful dogs, regardless.
Thanks Gizmo and yes.  The black Shepherd was our Leah girl. We lost her in May of this year.  I am still obsessed with posting pics of her. Embarrassed
jmadisonbiii View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmadisonbiii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 4:11pm
The full mouth and lip smacking is obnoxious enough, but to peddle a dog food made of pumpkins, blueberries and spinach?   What self-respecting dog would eat that?
Dejoh View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dejoh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 11:28pm
Be warned.  Be careful what you feed your dog.
https://www.consumeraffairs.com/pets/beneful.html
There's a sucker born every minute.
Virginia Dare II View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Virginia Dare II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 11:38pm
David Deluise is Dom's son. Clap
" Pickle YOU...Kumquat !!"
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2017 at 12:32am
They've revised the commercial finally! He just talks now, no lip smacking or talking with mouth full of food! About time!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2017 at 2:46am
Originally posted by Dejoh Dejoh wrote:

Be warned.  Be careful what you feed your dog.
https://www.consumeraffairs.com/pets/beneful.html
This food has been poisoning and killing dogs for over 10 years!  The Consumer Affairs website has Beneful as a one-star company and 1,771 reviews and complaints warning of severe illnesses and deaths of people's dogs!

Why are they still selling this?  Angry

There was a lawsuit which got tossed out!

http://truthaboutpetfood.com/purina-beneful-walks-away-from-accountability/
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2017 at 1:20pm
so THATS why Beneful is always 'around' in the discount stores! And i really doubt any dogs favorite bite is the SPINACH
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic