Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

State Farm- Remodel (video)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: State Farm- Remodel (video)
    Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 7:00pm
"A bushel and a peck??"  And what responsible parent is going to let their toddler roam around at will while you remodel?  BAD IDEA!! Thanks, State Farm.  AngryAngry

Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 7:05pm
I'd love to see the kid crawl right through that paint roller pan full of paint and spread it all over everything.

Maybe that'd learn 'em, dang it!!!
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 7:19pm
^LOL

Before someone educates me on what Doris was singing. A bushel and a peck.
Let me throw in my own nasty slant on it!

From the song, Leader of the Pack.
Peeter of the Crack...Tongue
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 7:42pm
That's even a new one on me.

I do remember this novelty version from when I was a kid, though...

My sister had this album with that song on it.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 11:17pm
I didn't know insurance companies covered remodels, unless it was caused by a coverable damage-inducing incident, which in that case, wouldn't you hire professionals to do the job?  Confused  This ad is so bogus.

"Hey honey!  Let's remodel the house!  New paint, new flooring, new carpeting, the works!  State Farm will pick up the tab!"

"Great idea, sweetheart!  I'll pick up the phone and call our friendly neighborhood State Farm agent whats-his-name now!"
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2017 at 6:05pm
Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

I didn't know insurance companies covered remodels, unless it was caused by a coverable damage-inducing incident, which in that case, wouldn't you hire professionals to do the job?  Confused  This ad is so bogus.

"Hey honey!  Let's remodel the house!  New paint, new flooring, new carpeting, the works!  State Farm will pick up the tab!"

"Great idea, sweetheart!  I'll pick up the phone and call our friendly neighborhood State Farm agent whats-his-name now!"
It's just more of that feel good crap that the insurance companies apply like sh*t on an asphalt shingle. I hate them!!

This did remind me of another commercial. Tongue

OH!!  The inquiring mindless need to know!

Pecks and bushels are standard forms of dry measurements. A peck is about two gallons. A bushel is four pecks.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2017 at 6:12pm
They're trying to send the message that after you put all that hard work into the dump you bought and turned into your little dream house, you shouldn't trust your insurance to anyone else.

Or some such crappola.

C'mon, man!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic