Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rachael Ray dog food

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sharonite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rachael Ray dog food
    Posted: 25 Jul 2017 at 3:27pm

That woman's shriek has the power to peel flesh from bone.

But this is a brilliant career move considering she's been whipping up dog food on daytime TV for years.
Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2017 at 3:52pm
I knew she was a chow hound, but I didn't think she'd eat dog food.

I bet you could just buy actual chicken, beef, turkey and hamburger cheaper than that stuff costs.

"Sorry Fido, but you're getting whatever dry and canned food is on sale!!!"
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2017 at 5:57pm
I like her, she's cute. I bet her pet food and treats are expensive.

And where is the rest of her shirt?  Confused

stan319 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stan319 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2017 at 6:14pm
Anything for a dollar.
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2017 at 10:01pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

That's the latest fashion trend, aka ron.  Wink  LOL  Rachel is such a fashionista!  The shoulder-less peek-a-boo effect on tops and dresses.  You think she's cute?  Shocked  So you don't mind chubbies?  LOL

The thing that irks me about this is the word "Nutrish."  Shortened from nutrition.  It sounds too made-up and is obnoxious to me.  Angry 

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2017 at 10:05pm
Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

The thing that irks me about this is the word "Nutrish."  Shortened from nutrition.  It sounds too made-up and is obnoxious to me.  Angry 

Totally agree!!!

Same with "delish". And "sammies" for sandwiches.

I think she does that with every other word.

I suspect she was the first to say delish, too.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2017 at 5:41pm

Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

That's the latest fashion trend, aka ron.  Wink  LOL  Rachel is such a fashionista!  The shoulder-less peek-a-boo effect on tops and dresses.  You think she's cute?  Shocked  So you don't mind chubbies?  LOL

Embarrassed
Dark clothes are so slimming! Is she heavy? I can't even tell.

I dated some plus size women...they really like to please their man. Evil Smile
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2017 at 9:55pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Totally agree!!!

I've been avoiding buying her cat food for exactly that reason.  For an expensive dry cat food, it doesn't instill confidence in me that it's actually a good cat food.  It seems like I'd just be paying for the cutesy-ness.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2017 at 10:03pm
Yeah. Like I said earlier, you could probably buy fresh chicken, beef etc, etc from the meat Dept cheaper than her food costs.

C'mon, man!
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2017 at 10:19pm
She is one meatball away from an Italian chub mob wife...yeah, in the grand tradition of tubboes on all Ross and Penneys ads, we now have HER as a 'personality'
Shes part of the Oprah crowd, right? Isnt that who catapulted her into the
exalted personality set? She treads a fine line between winning and utterly nails on chalk.
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
Virginia Dare View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Virginia Dare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2017 at 2:36am
Can't stand Roachel Ray.    Her top is called a "Cold Shoulder" top and they're all the rage.  My sister's dog does very well on RR's "Nutrish" food--having had a lot of problems with other brands.   Just my 3 cents.   Wink

"Pickle you....KUMQUAT!"
Virginia Dare View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Virginia Dare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2017 at 2:43am
Originally posted by tikibagger tikibagger wrote:

She is one meatball away from an Italian chub mob wife...yeah, in the grand tradition of tubboes on all Ross and Penneys ads, we now have HER as a 'personality'
Shes part of the Oprah crowd, right? Isnt that who catapulted her into the
exalted personality set? She treads a fine line between winning and utterly nails on chalk.
Not part of anything Oprah.   She did food cooking demos, was recognized as having some sort of talent preparing "30 minute meals", and landed a spot on The Today Show.   Then it took off from there.  The woman seems capable of cooking with only ground beef, chicken stock, and cumin in my opinion.  Confused  All I ever see her make are burgers, and big, bloated barrels of pasta.  

"Pickle you....KUMQUAT!"
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2017 at 4:38am
Quote But this is a brilliant career move considering she's been whipping up dog food on daytime TV for years.

Oh, those poor dogs!  Shocked  What a horrible fate, being turned into a chimichihuahuachanga or weiner dog schnitzel...  LOL
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2017 at 3:18pm
I have always called her Rachael "Bray". Never could stand her 
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2017 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

I have always called her Rachael "Bray". Never could stand her.

Good one.

Apropos.

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2017 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by Virginia Dare Virginia Dare wrote:

...,She did food cooking demos, was recognized as having some sort of talent preparing "30 minute meals", and landed a spot on The Today Show.   Then it took off from there.  The woman seems capable of cooking with only ground beef, chicken stock, and cumin in my opinion.  Confused  All I ever see her make are burgers, and big, bloated barrels of pasta.  
Rachael Ray has always impressed me as having graduated from the Paula Deen Survival School.
Survival by eating what cannot get off the plate quick enough.
I believe The Food Network could give the History Channel a run for its money by pitting a Deen & Ray show againt History's 'ALONE'. They could call it 'TOGETHER'. While History shows people how to starve and barely remain alive by eating whatever wild animals will not, Food Network could entertain us with the two drunken porkers laughing, crow-calling and constantly stuffing something down the gullet while fixing something new fried in butter...kind of a comedy-reality cross-over.
Whenever I see the thread title, I keep seeing 'RIP Rachael Ray' and it's been throwing me off.
Wink
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
usmaak View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2017 at 12:06am

Totally agree!!!

I hate it when people abbreviate words like delicious.  There, was that so tough?  Typing the entire word cost me an extra three letters and I don't feel any worse than I would if I'd typed the abbreviated version.  It's just lazy.

My mom says it sometimes and when she does, I feel the need to hang up on her.  Rachel Ray grates on just about every damned nerve that I have.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2017 at 12:31am
Terms like "delish" and "nutrish" just seem to appeal to trend followers who always need the latest fad to latch onto.

Makes them feel modern and "with it".

I think they're mindless idiots.

C'mon, man!
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2017 at 1:19am

Terms like "delish" and "nutrish" just seem to appeal to trend followers who always need the latest fad to latch onto.

True, but could it work with "Baba Ganoush", if done tactfully? Confused
Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2017 at 1:34am
I saw a Rachael Ray Dog Food bag in my local Walgreens store. She was smiling her trademark cookie cutter saccharin smile but the dog looked miserable. He looked like he had just lost his puppy son. They should have had a dog that looked cheerful and exurbarant, not a troubled, sad, looking dog.
My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D.😀 Hitting on a Lesbian who speaks to you and about you like trash means you're REALLY desperate! 😀

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2017 at 1:40am
^^^gotta agree - she should've been holding my hot dog while I smiled, but I think her fingers would've been too cold. Probably better using her lips. Can you picture that on the front of the bag o'treats?LOL
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2017 at 4:20pm

She can stick her "EVOO" (Extra Virgin Olive Oil) where the sun don't shine. I prefer regular (cheap) olive oil.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2017 at 4:26pm
^  I think olive oil and extra-virgin olive oil have different uses.  Not sure what.  I use whichever's handiest.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2017 at 4:42pm
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

She can stick her "EVOO" (Extra Virgin Olive Oil) where the sun don't shine. I prefer regular (cheap) olive oil.
Now I use extra-virgin olive oil in many things I cook - just love it.
Having said that, I was an 'EVOO virgin' until I went shopping without my glasses a few days back. Saw 'EVOO Caesar Salad Dressing' (by Kraft) and HAD to try it even though I was too dense to find out what the acronym 'EVOO' meant.  
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2017 at 4:58pm
Just checked.  Regular olive oil is for cooking, while "EVOO" is for salad dressings, drizzling on top of foods, etc.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic