Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anoro - Go Your Own Way

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anoro - Go Your Own Way
    Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 11:57pm
Taking another classic song and crapping on it.

New medication for COPD, cue the side effects as usual.
 - "It's not for asthma, it may cause death for those taking it with asthma."
But I love this statement "The risks are unknown for those with COPD."

Nice half a**ed study from the makers of Anoro.
Gee thanks morons!

Sponsored Links

DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2017 at 12:37am
Pushing sketchy drugs by having COPD patients "ask your doctor about" it.  Shouldn't the doctors be making the recommendations of what drugs to prescribe?  Angry
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2017 at 8:14pm
Just for butchering this great song I say screw em! Screw em to hell! I hope the sales for this drug PLUMMET!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Virginia Dare View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Virginia Dare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2017 at 9:27pm
Huge fan of Fleetwood Mac, here.   Was shocked and disappointed to hear "GYOW" being sampled on this commercial.  Only heard it once, but it was enough of the "hook" for me to know.  Shocked

"Pickle you....KUMQUAT!"
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2017 at 9:53pm
I never was a big FwM fan, and never cared for the song, especially after having been forced to hear it almost constantly back in the late 70's.

But screw these people and any other adholes who bastardize classic rock songs, even those I don't particularly care for.

Leave my memories alone, dammit!!!!
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2017 at 11:00pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

I never was a big FwM fan, and never cared for the song, especially after having been forced to hear it almost constantly back in the late 70's.

But screw these people and any other adholes who bastardize classic rock songs, even those I don't particularly care for.

Fleetwood Mac was pretty good.
Stevie Nicks however, cannot sing worth a damn.

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Virginia Dare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2017 at 11:15pm
Quote Stevie Nicks however, cannot sing worth a damn.  

She sings worth about the same damns as Bette Midler, Joe Cocker,  Springsteen,  Joplin.... see where I'm going here ?   Nowadays all you have to do is get naked and screach a lot and rely on auto tuning.   Back in my day, I was all pretty real.  And it was fine.  

Young Stevie:  

"Pickle you....KUMQUAT!"
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2017 at 12:35am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

WinkGotta side up with an ol'Mule, here.
FwM sits on top the very top of largest 'sell-outs'...I totally turned my back on them until TUSK (and just that one cut) after Peter Green went insane and the final - Green, Kirwan & Spencer - piece of art - the one that changed their direction.
The kids these days know nothing but the A.M. version of the group that really has some incredible artists, yet are NOT the band...and they provided all the family drama. A friggin' walking/singing soap opera is what they became.
Here's the REAL FwM at the very END...listen to the below and maybe you might remember what you were coming down from back then? I was a regular 'night owl' - this was always near the front of the stack.
Wink
If anyone has ever seen the above video for 'Station Man', they might wonder if they actually spotted a young PaW twice in the video (yes indeed), quite at home in the row house neighborhoods...Big smile
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2017 at 2:16am
I was never a huge Fleetwood Mac fan but Landslide is one of my favorites.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2017 at 2:20am
Yeaaaa, Sarge - you're way past 'The Change', which really was complete about 1975 or a little later
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2017 at 2:29am
If I liked music I liked it. If I didn't I didn't. I never paid much attention to the artist's "soap operas".
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Virginia Dare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2017 at 2:32am
All the incarnations of Fleetwood Mac are fascinating.  More than just the "California Cuties" lineup.   I have every book on the band.  What a history.  Great British Blues.   Mick Fleetwood now has a restaurant in Hawaii called "Fleetwood's On Front Street".   I'd sure love to go there and bump into him.   :)  

"Pickle you....KUMQUAT!"
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2017 at 2:39am
Music was part of my (professional) life when I was young - I paid attention to a lot of things that were happening around me. Not so much these days...heck, many of friends from music and/or science and/or anywhere else from back then are dead now, anywayLOLWink.
'Kiln House' was indeed one of my favorite albums and is certainly my favorite FwM.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Virginia Dare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2017 at 3:27am
Christine McVie turned 74 on the 12th.  She drew the cover art for "Kiln House".  :) 

"Pickle you....KUMQUAT!"
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2017 at 3:39am
Most folk don't realize how long she has really with them (from around 1970), much less where she came from back when bands were breaking up and members flopping from group to super group.
Like 'Chicken Shack' - FwM got her, Savoy Brown got Andy Sylvester...Traffic got someone, and UFO got someone else...ahhh yes, the demise of the British Blues and the ascension of Brit Rock... 
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Virginia Dare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2017 at 3:57am
The new album "Buckingham McVie" is a delightful bit of fluff.   Nothing like the masterpiece that's "Buckingham Nicks" --but it's spinning repeatedly in my car lately.   Big smile   

"Pickle you....KUMQUAT!"
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2017 at 4:18am
^^^Thank You for that! Wasn't aware of the album and I do appreciate it.
In some ways I wish I wouldn't see some folk and be able to reflect on what they looked like 30 years ago...such as Lindsay Buckingham, who was too good to play with just anyone and knew he was all that to all the women...and now?
I think I'll listen to the album (these days, I really have to listen to some albums a few times before I know if I like the work, or not).
I think there comes a time when we peak out and thus fear our work becomes just nice or attractive, but isn't the 'super stuff' that once defined us. Thinking like this often holds me back from listening to new stuff by long-favorite artists.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Virginia Dare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2017 at 4:45am
PaWolf...CMcV and Lindsey B.  have the benefit of those woofers and tweakers in the studio, and back up singers, to boost their performances as they approach Singers' Dotage.  I think there are pads on the market for this.  Wait for the commercials.   LOL 

"Pickle you....KUMQUAT!"
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Virginia Dare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2017 at 5:15am
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists/fleetwood-macs-50-greatest-songs-w478057

"Pickle you....KUMQUAT!"
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2017 at 3:40pm
I've heard the song a million times, yet never once gave it a thought.  It was OK.  It didn't annoy me, but it never "landed" for me either...like a lotta their stuff.

They played at my college right around the time they were getting big.  My college had a knack for booking bands (Springsteen, ELO and others) right before they took off, so that by the date of the show, they were huge.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2017 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Most folk don't realize how long she has really with them (from around 1970), much less where she came from back when bands were breaking up and members flopping from group to super group.
Like 'Chicken Shack' - FwM got her, Savoy Brown got Andy Sylvester...Traffic got someone, and UFO got someone else...ahhh yes, the demise of the British Blues and the ascension of Brit Rock... 

If you like that old British blues stuff, you'd probably like this 2-CD collection that I have.  It's called White Boy Blues.  Includes...

Track Listing
DISC 1:
1. I'm Your Witch Doctor - John Mayall & the Bluesbreakers
2. Man of the World - Fleetwood Mac
3. I'm a Man - The Yardbirds
4. Baby What's Wrong - The Downliners Sect
5. Boom Boom - The Animals
6. Pt. 1 - Chris Farlowe They Call It Stormy Monday Blues
7. L.A. Breakdown - Jimmy Page
8. Train Time - Graham Bond
9. Tribute to Elmore - Eric Clapton
10. Steelin' - Jeff Beck/All-Stars/Jeff Beck & The All-Stars
11. I Tried - Savoy Brown
12. Freight Loader - Eric Clapton/Jimmy Page
13. Look Down at My Woman - Jeremy Spencer
14. Cry Me a River - The Steampacket
15. Dimples - The Spencer Davis Group

DISC 2:
1. Five Long Years - The Yardbirds
2. Bright Lights - The Downliners Sect
3. Telephone Blues - John Mayall
4. Can I Get a Witness - The Steampacket
5. See See Rider - Eric Burdon
6. Little Miss Understood - Rod Stewart
7. Gin House Blues - Amen Corner
8. Snake Drive - Eric Clapton
9. Ain't Gonna Cry No More - Tony McPhee/T.S. McPhee
10. Can't Quit You Baby - Savoy Brown
11. Draggin' My Tail - Eric Clapton/Jimmy Page/Eric Clapton/Jimmy Page
12. Don't Want You No More - The Spencer Davis Group
13. Spoonful - Canned Heat
14. Stormy Monday - Graham Bond Organisation
15. Peter Gunn - Roy Buchanan

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2017 at 5:03pm
I remember those 'pre-fame' collections even Ronco couldn't sell. If you bought one of those collections, you *might* listen to it ONE TIME.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2017 at 6:05pm
I attended a music festival at Busch Stadium (at that time it was a AAA ballpark) in Indy. It was about 1975.
Fleetwood Mac was one of many performers.

I was visiting my old buddies in the lake Wawasee area. My friend Mert and I invited some nice young females to join us. Mert loved to drive my El Camino..."so much power".  We spent the night at my mom's house, that's where I lived at the time.

Then, on to the concert! It was our own little Woodstock, it was a great time.

My favorite FM song....

Ad Endless Nauseum View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad Endless Nauseum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2017 at 4:03am
I was, and am, a big fan of FwMac. But they themselves started this sort of thing (as regards their own catalog) when they screwed up their song Don't Stop Thinking About Tomorrow by allowing it to become the campaign song for Bubba Clinton, and performing it live for him. (You might guess I'm not a fan of Slick Willie, or her either. I wasn't, and I'm not) But I agree, leave our music alone. There are plenty of hungry wannabe song writers and composers out there who would write new stuff for a reasonable price.
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Defense de fumer et de cracher

A message brought to you by this station and the Ad Council.
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2017 at 5:16am
Originally posted by Ad Endless Nauseum Ad Endless Nauseum wrote:

I was, and am, a big fan of FwMac. But they themselves started this sort of thing (as regards their own catalog) when they screwed up their song Don't Stop Thinking About Tomorrow by allowing it to become the campaign song for Bubba Clinton, and performing it live for him. (You might guess I'm not a fan of Slick Willie, or her either. I wasn't, and I'm not) But I agree, leave our music alone. There are plenty of hungry wannabe song writers and composers out there who would write new stuff for a reasonable price.
I agree with what you've said.  They kind of sold out to the political campaign there.  I also never understood the "Tusk" thing.  I think Rumours was their best album.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic