Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Do you have a big Carbon Footprint?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Do you have a big Carbon Footprint?
    Posted: 15 Jul 2017 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

carbon footprint or lard ass butt-stamp? which is worse?
Hah! You changed it!
LOL

I'm guessing you don't pay the bills at the swamp estate.

Sponsored Links

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2017 at 6:02pm
carbon footprint or lard ass butt-stamp? which is worse?
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2017 at 4:56am
Quote The exception is at night time when I leave a light on in my bedroom so I needn't grope around making my way through the house

Use a flashlight.  Saves turning lights on/off as you go.

I'm waiting for a BR bulb to burn out before I replace it with one of the new LED ones.  That will save 50w/hour after that happens.  Can't live without the AC, though...
regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 11:07pm
I drive a 115 MPG Yamaha Zuma Scooter, and I set the thermostat in my house to 80 degrees fahrenheit. I keep lights (all of which are fluorescent) off except for the room I'm in (The exception is at night time when I leave a light on in my bedroom so I needn't grope around making my way through the house (My computer/TV room and my bedroom are at opposite ends of my house. My electric bills are less than $70.00 a month, in spite of the muggy 90 degree temps outside. I may not agree with everything the environmentalists talk about Angry , but on the other hand they do have some good pointers many of which you can use to SAVE MONEY (as well as help the environment). Use them! Thumbs Up And what am I doing with the money I save on energy costs? What else, go somewhere to ride roller coasters! LOL This year I'm traveling to Tennessee next month to see the total solar eclipse, then descend upon Gatlinburg for three days of fun, one of which is a day at Dollywood to ride some coasters. Big smile
Poiuyt Power!!!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 7:20pm
Quote Do you have a big Carbon Footprint?

No, but I do have a big CARTOON footprint...

Actually, my carbon footprint is about as small as I can get it without having the water and utilities shut off.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 6:24pm
Or more simply put...how much electricity and gas do you use?

I/we are trying our best to cut expenses. I saw this topic on another forum.

Last month, we used 875 kWh= $127.40.

The water heater uses only 8 CCF of gas at $18.89
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic