Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

E*Trade: "Plane Truth"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HalandBubbles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: E*Trade: "Plane Truth"
    Posted: 28 Jun 2017 at 12:06am
What bothers me more than the whole creepy flight attending stalking is, the kid kicking the seat and the faint child crying in the background. NEVER do an ad with kids who are crying or throwing tantrums. Unless you're selling diapers or condoms, then I could see. This is one of my pet peeves.

you wanna see my pencil?
Sponsored Links

Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2017 at 10:10am
Originally posted by HalandBubbles HalandBubbles wrote:

... NEVER do an ad with kids who are crying or throwing tantrums. Unless you're selling diapers or condoms, then I could see. This is one of my pet peeves.

Or cattle prods.  Tongue

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2017 at 1:36pm
^ Something every parent and school teacher should be required to own!!!
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2017 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

^ Something every parent and school teacher should be required to own!!!
My school teachers had paddles and my Mother had a willow tree.Wink
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
HalandBubbles View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HalandBubbles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2017 at 6:46pm
my teacher used a bat. pointed it at students sometimes and threatened them. before putting it back.
you wanna see my pencil?
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2017 at 6:52pm
The Vice Principal at my Elementary school had a paddle with holes in it...less wind resistance.

If kids came home with welts like that today, the lawsuits would be worse than all of the hot female teachers screwing young students.
HalandBubbles View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HalandBubbles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 4:02pm
I had a female teacher before I moved to my new school. Now I have a male one. A bit more serious than the comedic female one, but still comedic.
you wanna see my pencil?
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2017 at 5:22pm
E*Trade is getting a little too outrageous here.  I have to admit, I laughed when the guy jumped off the back of his own boat. LOL

GulDukat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GulDukat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 3:53am
Originally posted by HalandBubbles HalandBubbles wrote:

<font size="2" color="#cc6699">What bothers me more than the whole creepy flight attending stalking is, the kid kicking the seat and the faint child crying in the background. NEVER do an ad with kids who are crying or throwing tantrums. Unless you're selling diapers or condoms, then I could see. This is one of my pet peeves.

I hate this one too. The flight attendant smiles at him, closes the door on him, shows her anger/annoyance, and then immediately goes back to being phoney with a huge grin. The people in the first class seating look like huge assholes. So what is the message, what are they selling? You too can be a rich asshole and enjoy being catered to by phoney flight attendants?
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 5:27am
DisapproveThere's only thing to do when the 'brat attack' occurs: be a man and look back at the brat and his parents and ask them in a loud stern manner, "Is he really yours? If so, would you please contain your little spermmistake before I have to slap him into next Tuesday and toss him out the emergency exit?!"
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Dejoh View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dejoh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 11:50pm
This still cracks me up, and is on quite often.  The long FLYYYYYYYYY me to the moon never fails to wake me from a light slumber.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 5:50pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

E*Trade is getting a little too outrageous here.  I have to admit, I laughed when the guy jumped off the back of his own boat. LOL

I tried to find the actual song they are using here.

The lyrics are clever but the commercial is not...I've owned a couple of boats big enough to actually sleep on.  A list of the mistakes they made.

1- You can be arrested for almost running over a wave boarder!
2- "Top speed, 50 knots".  There is no way that that boat ship can go that fast!
3- "A champaign and models popourie"?  I believe that part.
4- "On my yacht made of Cuban mahogany"?  Yes, they did make boats out of this exotic wood when I was a kid. They may still use it for interior trim...This is a fiberglass boat ship!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic