Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RIP addiction commercial

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AquilaLorelei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RIP addiction commercial
    Posted: 26 Jun 2017 at 7:03am
SICK of this ultra-low-budget teleprompter screen addiction center commercial about all these celebrities who died of overdoses (sidenote: Prince died of influenza likely exacerbated by other conditions, but we will ignore that for now...) "who cold be next--you?" Jeesh, not even ominous enough, just a dead monotone, verrrrry convincing, want much help thx call ritenao bcuz u say so... Wish I could find a video, but Youtube is not feeling particularly accommodating just now, help would be appreciated, especially since I am SURE this has annoyed more people than just me...
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2017 at 6:22pm
There is a new 'addiction services' commercial out now. I've only seen it once and I have no title to search.

I did find this, a not so good parody.

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2017 at 8:53pm
^^LOL WTF!? Uh, what was the point with the Teletubbies Baby Sun? That made no sense at all!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 1:56am
Hey, is this new? 

"You know me, I'm the Addiction Network."

Of course we know you, the internet has been making fun of you for the past 4 years.  
Wait...HE himself is the actual addition network? 

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 3:19am
Yea, I know - I've hopped all over these commercials, also...but, well...ya caught me on an 'Honest Evening', doncha know.

Personally, I believe we have a much greater problem with addiction than ever before and more folk are either oblivious to it or choose to wear horse blinders - they have enough going on in their own lives to the point they cannot spare any time to contribute toward a solution. Many people simply can't empathize with an addict searching for support and help with finding a better life..and THAT is even more sad.
Almost always, an addict hits 'rock bottom' before searching for help or giving up. So these commercials, as corny as they are, at least provide a phone number - an option. It offers an addict hope from a level they can probably mentally more readily identify (yea, the person on the idiot box screen). Sure, there are plenty of leech groups not operating at the 'Passages Malibu'-level, yet still ready to milk organizations that are supportive of their employees during their time of need.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 9:47pm

Real actor, not a doctor.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 12:25am
The addict will never notice.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 7:31pm
Originally posted by ThatNerdInPhilly ThatNerdInPhilly wrote:

Hey, is this new? 

"You know me, I'm the Addiction Network."

Of course we know you, the internet has been making fun of you for the past 4 years.  
Wait...HE himself is the actual addition network? 

I honestly don't see what's wrong with this particular ad, I think you're being a bit picky!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic