Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Glade Commercial woman in tub on phone

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandy345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Glade Commercial woman in tub on phone
    Posted: 10 Oct 2008 at 2:16am
The woman apparently feels she must fake being at a posh health spa to impress her friend. She has her Glade next to her and raves to her friend. Unfortunately this woman who is trying to be "overly cute" hears hubby coming to the door and quickly gets off the phone with her "oops" smile. Her friend almost found out the TRUTH that she was only pretending.
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2008 at 2:53am
Oh yeah.  We've had a few extensive threads on these Glade commercials.  I contend that the woman's a compulsive liar.  She's lied to her friends and family REPEATEDLY for reasons I can't even imagine.  I mean, why in the world does this woman need to tell her friend that she's at some spa, rather than in her own bathtub??

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2008 at 3:40am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Oh yeah.  We've had a few extensive threads on these Glade commercials.  I contend that the woman's a compulsive liar.  She's lied to her friends and family REPEATEDLY for reasons I can't even imagine.  I mean, why in the world does this woman need to tell her friend that she's at some spa, rather than in her own bathtub??

...just to finish off her phone coversation as she did?! Can you spell 'S-L-U-T'?!Dead
Spicy_Meatball View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spicy_Meatball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2008 at 3:48am
Originally posted by sandy345 sandy345 wrote:

The woman apparently feels she must fake being at a posh health spa to impress her friend. She has her Glade next to her and raves to her friend. Unfortunately this woman who is trying to be "overly cute" hears hubby coming to the door and quickly gets off the phone with her "oops" smile. Her friend almost found out the TRUTH that she was only pretending.

Well this is Glade's focus.   Use GLADE's cheapo candle products and people think you're treating yourself to elegant beeswax or soy candles.   I've tried these types of (supermarket) candles and you may as well light a urinal cake on fire.  Same scent! Dead
"Mama Mia! That's a spicy meatball!!" ~~Alka Seltzer Ad
erod550 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erod550 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2008 at 6:30am
light a urinal cake on fire.  ROFL!

If the candles are so great they make you feel like you're at a spa, why isn't she telling her friend, "Yea you have to try this candle, it's so awesome it makes me feel like I'm at the spa!" instead of lying about it.
shadow View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2008 at 1:02pm
Why does Glade want someone who is ashamed to be using their product represent them?
What a self-depreciating view.  It sure makes me want to buy something.
was feeling nostalgic
HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Illustrious Video Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2008 at 1:23pm
Excellent point, Shadow.

Candles: even the more expensive "Yankee Candle" scented candles make my nose run.

If you're shopping for candles at the grocery store, go to the organic aisle and look for a soy candle.  The fragrances are better, and they won't make you ill unless you're allergic to soy or something.

Let's try not to be boring, mkay?
Clete View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2008 at 1:35pm
Those ads drive me crazy. I think the one where the label from the candle gets stuck to the woman's butt is the most annoying of the bunch. Every time I see it, I wonder how this woman manages to have any friends. Why would anyone want to associate with a person who is so pretentious that they lie about something like that?
anankha View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anankha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2008 at 3:20pm
I don't get why she needs to lie about the candles when her friend is on the phone! It's not like she can smell the candles over the phone.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2008 at 3:28pm
Girl down the street from me is selling scented candles for her school at $10 per.  I hate school solicitations, especially when they're for something frivolous (like a trip to Santa Cruz) or for something the school should be supplying (computers).  At least this one is for a jobs fair.  I agreed to buy one.

Thing is, ALL the candles smell like food.  Or they're supposed to, anyway.  Raspberries and cream, vanilla, apple pie, etc.  Why not rose or lilac or something?  What's with all these scented things needing to smell like food lately?  No wonder we eat so much; we're constantly being reminded to.

That said, a bacon-scented candle would be nice.

Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2008 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by HollyRock HollyRock wrote:

Excellent point, Shadow.

Candles: even the more expensive "Yankee Candle" scented candles make my nose run.

If you're shopping for candles at the grocery store, go to the organic aisle and look for a soy candle.  The fragrances are better, and they won't make you ill unless you're allergic to soy or something.

I love soy candles, their is a woman in a nearby town who makes them, she has an espresso one that makes you drool!
kat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2008 at 10:30pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Girl down the street from me is selling scented candles for her school at $10 per.  I hate school solicitations, especially when they're for something frivolous (like a trip to Santa Cruz) or for something the school should be supplying (computers).  At least this one is for a jobs fair.  I agreed to buy one.

Thing is, ALL the candles smell like food.  Or they're supposed to, anyway.  Raspberries and cream, vanilla, apple pie, etc.  Why not rose or lilac or something?  What's with all these scented things needing to smell like food lately?  No wonder we eat so much; we're constantly being reminded to.

That said, a bacon-scented candle would be nice.

Ewwww.
madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
shadow View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2008 at 11:42pm
I like individual Yankee Candles, but my God you could asphyxiate in the parking lot at the outlets.  My wife will meet me at the bar in Applebees  when she is finished shopping.
was feeling nostalgic
the real prozac View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the real prozac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2008 at 2:29am
You can smell the Yankee Candle store all the way out into the mall.  The White-Barn candle store is just as bad.  Going in either one makes me suffocate.  The smells of the individual candles aren't so bad, but have them ALL blended together is enough to make me vomit.  And, anything Glade sucks.
All your internets are belong to me.-Anonymous
Rules 3,4,5,8 and 78
MysticalChicken View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MysticalChicken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2008 at 2:36am
I don't know what it is about her specifically, but I absolutely can't stand the Glade Chick.  It's something to do with the way she looks, but I can't pinpoint it exactly.  All I know is that every time I see her I want to throw something at the TV.
the real prozac View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the real prozac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2008 at 2:44am
Maybe it's the snotty way she says, "And, yes, they're Glade." at the end of every commercial.  All she's doing is proving that she's a cheap b*tch who decorates solely at Wal-Mart.  Not that there's anything wrong with that.
All your internets are belong to me.-Anonymous
Rules 3,4,5,8 and 78
Spicy_Meatball View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spicy_Meatball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2008 at 3:14am
Mmmmmm....baconnnnnn....scented......cannnnnn.....dle!   LOL   I'd also buy one that smells like garlic and onion cooking in good olive oil.  Tongue I've bought some "baked cookie dough" and "coffee and cream" type candles over the years and they all smell like dirty feet! Dead
"Mama Mia! That's a spicy meatball!!" ~~Alka Seltzer Ad
shadow View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2008 at 4:27am
I'd buy one that smells like pot roast and french bread.
was feeling nostalgic
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2008 at 7:23am
I had a bacon-scented car freshener a while back.  There was also a sausage-scented (breakfast, not Italian) one available.

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2008 at 10:15am
I hate food scented things makes you smell something you think it's food which you're dying to eat, but then it's only a candle or something else scented.

It's highly disappointing.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Illustrious Video Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2008 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by MysticalChicken MysticalChicken wrote:

I don't know what it is about her specifically, but I absolutely can't stand the Glade Chick.  It's something to do with the way she looks, but I can't pinpoint it exactly.  All I know is that every time I see her I want to throw something at the TV.

She gives the "GL" sound too much glottal (onomatopoeia alert) and then overly emphasizes the L.  It's annoying.

She also flares her nostrils a lot.  They might be on perma-flare. 
Let's try not to be boring, mkay?
CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2008 at 1:50pm
On perma-flare because she's snorting too many Glade candles......

musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2008 at 2:21pm
Unfortunately, this commercial is simply an exaggeration of the truth.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2008 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by Spicy_Meatball Spicy_Meatball wrote:

I'd also buy one that smells like garlic and onion cooking in good olive oil.  Tongue 

Garlic and onion cooking in olive oil is one of the BEST smells!

Debbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2008 at 10:10pm
Angry The dumb woman is probably trying to soak the sticker off her wide azz from the previous commerical. Where she tries to tell her guest that it's a candle made in France.. remember the guest pulls it off the lying hostess' butt and asked "haven't you heard of GLA' DAY' (poor attempt at pronouncing GLADE with a French accent I guess)  Any way had I been the guest I would have lef the sticker on her dumb azz and let her run around all day with it back there.  What is it with the Johnson Company: trying to push their products to a bunch of compulsive liars????   Give us a break...  Then the same lying old twit is humped over exercising with th rest of the group and tries to lie out of having a plug in...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic