Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Toyota CHR 'Cinderella' (video)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Toyota CHR 'Cinderella' (video)
    Posted: 01 Jun 2017 at 11:05pm
DisapproveI HEARD this before I looked at it!
LISTEN to the 'background'! Gibberish is garbage and twists my stomach in a knot and makes me irate and tense - pretty much like I want to kill small things that are probably running around my shoes right now. Just want to stomp 'em - yea, that's it...

All of this when I *just* finished perfectly browning some pork chops which I have immersed in a nice mushroom bath...I WAS eager to eat, but not so much now.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2017 at 12:41am
I don't understand this at all.  I guess iSpot will have to explain it to me.

Ahhh, here 'tis:

Toyota re-imagines the classic fairy tale of Cinderella in the cutthroat world of fashion. When Cindy is shunned by her boss and snooty co-workers who are attending The Palace Fashion Show, she takes matters into her own hands. Hopping into her 2018 Toyota C-HR, Cindy pays a visit to a fashion designer friend who refuses to let her go anywhere in those rags. A remix of "Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo" plays as she arrives at the show with a high-fashion look that earns her a spot on the runway, but true to the story, she rushes home at the stroke of midnight -- only instead of a glass slipper she leaves behind an embellished black stiletto on the red carpet.

Yeah, now I get it.  Sure.

What was this commercial about again?

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2017 at 12:47am
It was abooouuut.... MAKIN' ME WANNA PUKE!!!!

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2017 at 1:29am
^^^yea, I agree, ol'mule. I'm not inspired, either.
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2017 at 4:26am
Pippity Poppity POO is more like it! Those K-rap drums..the 'new wavey'ness of the females--this thing is a FLOATER
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2017 at 6:01am
We need an ears bleeding emoticon/emoji.  

Toyota is now using Disney movie songs to sell their cars?  Confused  
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2017 at 12:34pm
I HATE this ad!

When I first heard this garbage I thought "WTF is this bull****!?"

Bippity Boppity bullcrap! I hate today's music!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
CapeCat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapeCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2017 at 4:35pm
So, the message is...driving a Toyota will make you go to the hardware store, and create an award-winning outfit made out of a silver tarp, duct tape, and an assortment of washers.   If she thinks that demonstrates good sense and good taste in clothes, what does it say about her choice of car??  This has got to be one of the most jarring and nonsensical commercials out there.  Well, at least perky Jan wasn't in it...Confused
CapeCat
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2017 at 5:14pm
Wow! That commercial is horrific!!  I must have missed the movie.

Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2017 at 7:47pm
Ooh man look at how beautiful Disney's animation used to be! How we got from this to talking cars is beyond me! Does not compute! Plus I am a fan of Cars! Computer animation is great it just doesn't give me as much nostalgia as 2D animation does.
NJtoTX View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJtoTX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2017 at 1:53pm
Stupid-assed song is stuck in my head. 
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2017 at 5:59pm
Originally posted by NJtoTX NJtoTX wrote:

Stupid-assed song is stuck in my head. 
LOL! I'm sure Toyota's 'fix for your problem' would be for you to buy one of these and it will not only clear your mind, it will clean out your wallet, too.
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2017 at 12:34pm
After listening to this crap, Jan is looking pretty good.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2017 at 3:19am
Originally posted by msmadz msmadz wrote:

wow..thats a earth shaking TRUE statement!

Or..all Toyota looks real BAD...are these the Brain Damaged manatees that have this account?
Pat alone is such a poor example of 'ad icon'..their doofi (plural of doofus) are barrel scrapers
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
NJtoTX View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJtoTX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2017 at 3:45am
Originally posted by msmadz msmadz wrote:

Jan (aka Laurel Coppock)

zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2017 at 5:42am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

It was abooouuut.... MAKIN' ME WANNA PUKE!!!!

Cinderella goes ghetto. I hate rap crap and never liked the Bippity Boppity Boo song. Mix the two together and its hurl-inducing. BTW this latest crossover turd looks like a toilet with wheels. It's a shame Toyota is rolling out this monstrosity before their newest version of their big seller the Toyota Camry. The new Camry looks cool and actually sheds some of its boring characteristics. But, I guess this crossover turd is for the Millenials who like quirky ugly stuff.
I approve this message.
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 9:01pm
Saw the new Camry it is AWESOME! Finally TOYOTA does something cool and right for once! I want one NOW! Can you imagine how cool the Japanese police cars are gonna look next year? Neat!
Katya View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 4:33pm
All the Toyota commercials are terrible! So often now when I see a commercial and I find it irritating it ends up being a Toyota one. Need to start a thread showcasing all of them.
paisleygene View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paisleygene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2017 at 11:04pm
What on earth does "Bippy Boppy Boo" mean and why is is in a car commercial? The lyrics make zero sense, I just don't get it.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2017 at 11:23pm
Hi pg...and welcome aboard.
I THINK the explanation you seek may be found within the first five (5) or so posts on this thread.
Katya View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2017 at 4:25pm
Thank you Hulu for playing this stupid commercial over and over and over again. Hate the music, hate the woman's voice saying "Cindy??" and hate that you can tell that this commercial thinks its so clever. It's not.

Most Toyota commercials are bad, and lately most have a sh*tty rendition of a fairy tale theme. There's another one that has a song about the gingerbread man, and another where a guy talks to the car as if he is the granny in little red riding hood talking to the wolf, to which the car owner comes up and says "all the better to tease you with" or something like that and her girl squad are all like "that was a good one GIRL!!!" Lame.
Ian16545 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian16545 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2017 at 3:56am
My only gripe is: we never find out if Prince Charming finds Cindy and has her try on the stiletto to see if it fits! And I was really hoping to also see the stepmother and stepsisters have their eyes pecked out by doves...
One call... destroys 'em all!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic