Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Walgreens-Red Nose

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandy m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Walgreens-Red Nose
    Posted: 27 May 2017 at 6:46pm
Here we have more of the same tired images of black people (presumably African) that the ad says Walgreens will help because they are poor. Evidently, Walgreens people haven't seen the TEDX talk by Mallence Bart Williams explaining that Africa is the richest continent with the richest countries on earth. Those people don't need Walgreens' help or anybody else's. They just need to not have their resources stolen. And, how a red nose will make things better I don't know.
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2017 at 6:51pm
I'll see if I can find the promo...NBC had a 'Red Nose Day'. Angry

http://www.nbc.com/the-red-nose-day-special?nbc=1
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2017 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by sandy m sandy m wrote:

Here we have more of the same tired images of black people (presumably African) that the ad says Walgreens will help because they are poor. Evidently, Walgreens people haven't seen the TEDX talk by Mallence Bart Williams explaining that Africa is the richest continent with the richest countries on earth. Those people don't need Walgreens' help or anybody else's. They just need to not have their resources stolen. And, how a red nose will make things better I don't know.
ConfusedWHAAAAT???!

Africa is what it is because the population is IGNORANT and doesn't even try to get along.
Africa does to Africa all the nasty things that happens to Africa.
If that wasn't true, I'd already be properly exploiting the entire continent - but the whole area is simply too unstable.

Trust me - I know. I'm a wolf.Wink

I DO agree about 'poor pitiful blacks' - I am SO sick of the last few generations whining about prejudice and unfair treatment...but we cannot discuss that in this forum - take THAT topic to the 'Flame Room' or 'Political Forum'.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2017 at 6:56pm

And, how a red nose will make things better I don't know.

I think you buy the red nose for a buck and the money goes to charity.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2017 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Methinks 'sandy m' believes it goes to a non-us based black charity.
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2017 at 7:05pm
^ Be nice, PaW.

Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2017 at 7:35pm

How much for a BROWN nose, and where does the money go? 
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2017 at 7:44pm
Originally posted by Anduril Anduril wrote:

LOLLOL
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bank of America- Rock, Let's Roll (link)
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2017 at 7:51pm
Originally posted by Anduril Anduril wrote:

Or it might go to the border wall fund.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2017 at 8:22pm
Safe, healthy and educated.  Yeah, right.  I'd like to see the financials on this red nose campaign.  How much really goes to the Children of the US and Around The World?

I would much rather donate my money to a charity without making a fool of myself wearing a plastic or rubber red nose.  How am I supposed to breath with that thing on?
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2017 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

^ Be nice, PaW.

No.
LOL
Hammer666 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hammer666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2017 at 3:55am
I mostly just read other posters here but wanted to say how much I enjoy the completely non-PC postings of PaWolf, Thor, AkaRon, etal, here.This lame Walgreens campaign will be infesting your airwaves for months now. They have about as much of a chance of getting me to buy a red nose as they do of getting me to buy a home vasectomy kit.(Check out some of the "corporate sponsors" of this, which include LaRaza...the United Way is great at that,too, they bundle a lot of entities you probably would never give a dime to, and then have the employers browbeat their people into giving.)
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2017 at 5:13am
Originally posted by Hammer666 Hammer666 wrote:

I mostly just read other posters here but wanted to say how much I enjoy the completely non-PC postings of PaWolf, Thor, AkaRon, etal, here.This lame Walgreens campaign will be infesting your airwaves for months now. They have about as much of a chance of getting me to buy a red nose as they do of getting me to buy a home vasectomy kit.(Check out some of the "corporate sponsors" of this, which include LaRaza...the United Way is great at that,too, they bundle a lot of entities you probably would never give a dime to, and then have the employers browbeat their people into giving.)
Big smileThankYouThankYouThankYou, H6!
Let me please be all 'PC', just this once...

Thor? aka? ol'Mule (I think h6 referred to you as 'etal' - ,must be Swedish, or something...) - would you care to curtsy, or take a bow?Wink

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2017 at 5:41am

Get the other Walgreen's Red Nose Clown by partaking of their liquor section.  Be sure to leave them a dollar after you get your schnozz to turn your favorite shade of red....  LOL

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2017 at 6:18am
Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

Get the other Walgreen's Red Nose Clown by partaking of their liquor section.  Be sure to leave them a dollar after you get your schnozz to turn your favorite shade of red....  LOL

WinkNo...go get your booze from Rite-Aid (owned by same parent company)! Their prices are cheaper and the quality is better!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2017 at 7:36pm
LOL

Yeah, the drugs stores stopped selling tobacco products.
But not the most convenient OTC drug on the market, alcohol.
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2017 at 4:34am
Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

Doesn't work here. We still have state liquor stores. Open 11:00 AM to 6:PM Monday through Thursday. 7 PM Fridays. 8PM Saturdays. Closed Sundays and holidays. I was shocked when I moved to California in 1974. You could buy liquor anywhere almost anytime. I'm surprised kids weren't selling it at lemonade stands! In Nevada you could drink while driving. Arizona had drive through liquor stores where you could get 3/4 of a big gulp with your bottle. 
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2017 at 4:51am
No, no, no, no, no, you all misunderstand!  You drink right at the shelf Clown,   then leave your dollar there (if you are in any condition to run away...  Wink  )  Kind of like 'Dine & Dash'...  LOL

Besides, think of all those poor clowns they snipped those rubber noses off of.  They probably take a long time to grow back...  LOL
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2017 at 10:52pm
I'd rather leave the red nose, rather than the dollar.

(adding to Sarge's state comparison)
I was in Louisiana and met a local policeman who was out on a date with his wife and they had friends in the back seat of the police car they were 'out on the town' in.
They were drinking in the car and even in the public store where I met them.
Being on the way to Texas at that time, they had me have a few drinks next to the police car in the store lot, then a few more at the local watering hole, before I had to hit the Interstate, face-first.

tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2017 at 4:29am
Elevating creepy clown accessories to humanitarian exploits may fool some of the dim or simple..but not this guy.
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2017 at 9:05am

Yeah, I once saw a Youtube rant (by a black preacher) about how, despite all of Africa's rich natural resources, the continent has nothing to show for it.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic