Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RIP J. Geils (J. Geils Band)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RIP J. Geils (J. Geils Band)
    Posted: 12 Apr 2017 at 1:56am
He was found dead at his home in Massachusetts at the age of 71. Known for two classic rock songs of the '80s - 'Centerfold' and 'Love Stinks'. CryCryCry

http://www.tmz.com/2017/04/11/j-geils-dead/
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2017 at 4:55am
Shame.

RIP.
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2017 at 4:58am
RIP to J. Geils.  I was never a fan of this band but my best friend in high school was wild about them.  I didn't hate them, but didn't love, love them.  Ermm The J. Geils Band's lead singer/frontman was Peter Wolf, not J. Geils himself.  Mr. Geils was found dead in his Massachusetts home after a well-being check at 4pm Tuesday.  Age 71 seems so young.  Cry
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2017 at 8:47am
I liked the song Musta Got Lost, but was never a huge fan, either.

RIP, Mr. Geils.

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2017 at 4:20pm
I was a fan in the 1970s when they were high energy blues/rock. I saw them live in 1974 or 1975 on the Arizona side of the Colorado river. It was at a club at ? landing near Parker. It was CRAZY! Peter Wolf amazing on harmonica. It would have been a great episode of yet to be invented "Girls Gone Wild"!Wink RIP "Whammer Jammer/Hard drivin' Man".
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2017 at 9:35pm
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

I was a fan in the 1970s when they were high energy blues/rock.

Like ZZ Top, they had bigger hits in the later years, but also like ZZ Top, their music suffered.  Both were overproduced or something by the late 70s/80s.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2017 at 4:36pm
I was never a huge J Geils fan - they were too commercial for me.
Having said that, I do enjoy hearing their stuff a bit more these days...so RIP John Geils - and thanks
~~~
On the other topic...
ZZ Top just got over-wasted and totally lost track of who and what they were. Their later noise has been so bad one can't even listen to it. I liked their first two albums and a cut here and there since then.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2017 at 6:40pm
I kinda liked the group, RIP  J Geils.

Especially 'Love Stinks', it was popular when I split with my first wife. Hell yeah, Love stinks!

My first concert, before I had a drivers license, was headlined by The Edgar Winter Group with J Geils and one other band. It would have been about 1973.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2017 at 8:25pm
I think my favorite J Geils tune was Centerfold.

Maybe because I liked the video.

That was right around the beginning of MTV.
Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2017 at 3:14am
Sad news about J. Geils! His band was awesome in the early to mid 1970's. I saw them in London in 1974, and my favourite song by them was "Give It To Me". They jammed their arses off in concert, and J was the leader of the band!
R.I.P. J. Geils!!
One man gathers what another man spills
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic