Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Simparica® "Who Let The Dogs Out?" (video)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Simparica® "Who Let The Dogs Out?" (video)
    Posted: 10 Apr 2017 at 12:30am
Why does Bill Withers look like Al Green?  Confused
Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2017 at 10:17pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

I hadn't really read this thread yet.

Didn't know Leah's time was getting short.

Such sadness to lose an old friend.

At least you and Mrs aka ron have each other to lean on.

Losing a friend when you're otherwise alone anyway truly hurts.

Hope you all get through it OK.

I hope things are going better with your mom, if you need to vent.

That is appreciated.

And I might.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2017 at 8:19pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

I hope things are going better with your mom, if you need to vent.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2017 at 7:56pm
Thanks, Jimbo and Thor.  I didn't see it but Mama said Leah found a rabbit nest in the leaf pile.
She said she has not seen Leah move that fast in years...I figure she just aggravated her bad hips.

She is doing a little better but she is fussy which tells me she is feeling pain.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2017 at 10:09am
I used to pay $25 for a bottle of 3 tapeworm pills for my cats.  That was after spending $70 for 3 doses of flea medication.  But hell, it was worth it to get rid of that dancing rice near their buttholes.  I don't think I could've waited for it to arrive in the mail.

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2017 at 11:28pm
Originally posted by Anduril Anduril wrote:

...The emotional expense will be hard to measure.
Sad to hear, but nothing lives forever.
Me?  I'd try to amortize the loss with a new puppy.  Big smile
Give a couple months of course, just out of respect if nothing else.
But don't wait as long as I did between pups #3 and #4.

A little off topic, but two days ago I was at the vet to pick up some Comfortis.
Comfortis is a flea pill and works really, really well.  (Trifexis is another, but my doxy can't handle one of the ingredients very well.  Think: carpet cleaning.)

Anyway, he's roughly 14 pounds. 
The box dosage says for dogs 10 to 20 pounds.
And it's $120/box ($90 on price match).

I asked for the larger dosage and I would just break the pills in half.
Sure enough:  I got the "lecture" on how that's a wicked thing to do and poor little poochy won't get his correct dosage!

I reminded the "nurse?" that the weight guidelines on the CORRECT box still spanned 100% (i.e., ten pounds, doubled up to twenty).  So really, if I broke the larger pill in half, how far off could I possibly be from the "correct" dosage?   She really didn't have a leg to stand on after this point...

I took the $90 deal so as not to piss them off, but my next purchase will be online for the larger pills.
(A trick I picked up from a friend trying to quit smoking.  You can buy the 4mg Walmart nicotine lozenges for the same price as the 2mg.  Get the larger dose, cut in half, and it's basically instant 50% off.)
Something similar with anti worm pills for my kitty. The dose was 1/2 pill every 3 months. It came in a tiny envelope for "only" $12 from the vet. While I was overseas in 2000 I discovered the internet. Just before returning home I ordered the same pills $30 for 30 plus $5 shipping to my home address. I moved to another city soon after coming home so had a different vet. I told her about the pills and she was fine with that as they charged $1 for a half. When I told her what the previous vet charged she was appalled. Those tiny envelopes at the old vet must have been very expensive! I still had over half the pills left when the kitty died 7 years later (age 16.5) so I gave them to my Son for his family's kitty.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2017 at 10:26pm

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2017 at 10:07pm

I wish Leah the best.  It must be hard, dealing with the inevitable.  I think about this stuff re my Mick and Mal all the time.  They're 15 now.

Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2017 at 9:01pm
You're welcome, Ron.
My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D.😀 Hitting on a Lesbian who speaks to you and about you like trash means you're REALLY desperate! 😀

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2017 at 8:40pm
Yeah thanks, Donna.  I'm sure you have been through a lot.
Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2017 at 2:02pm
Enjoy the time you have with Leah. On second thought, don't just enjoy it. Cherish it, relish it, and savor it.
My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D.😀 Hitting on a Lesbian who speaks to you and about you like trash means you're REALLY desperate! 😀

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2017 at 12:04pm
^  Thanks for the kind words, this place won't be the same without her.
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2017 at 5:08am

We usually use Heart Guard and Front Line, I wish I could buy a single dose.

We had one Front Line left, I don't think she will make it till the end of the month.
Her condition keeps declining. She is due for some shots too.  What to do?

Pump a bunch of expensive shots in her and put her to sleep in the same month, it won't be cheap to put her down.  The emotional expense will be hard to measure.
I'm so saddened for you and Mama to hear of this.  Your best girl Leah is such a sweet and special, wonderful lady.  I pray that when the time comes, God will guide you and Leah's passing is peaceful.

I think you might be able to buy single doses of Heartgard and Frontline Flea & Tick.  Google it and you should be able to order online.  You don't need to get the annual shots.

Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2017 at 11:25pm

...The emotional expense will be hard to measure.
Sad to hear, but nothing lives forever.
Me?  I'd try to amortize the loss with a new puppy.  Big smile
Give a couple months of course, just out of respect if nothing else.
But don't wait as long as I did between pups #3 and #4.

A little off topic, but two days ago I was at the vet to pick up some Comfortis.
Comfortis is a flea pill and works really, really well.  (Trifexis is another, but my doxy can't handle one of the ingredients very well.  Think: carpet cleaning.)

Anyway, he's roughly 14 pounds. 
The box dosage says for dogs 10 to 20 pounds.
And it's $120/box ($90 on price match).

I asked for the larger dosage and I would just break the pills in half.
Sure enough:  I got the "lecture" on how that's a wicked thing to do and poor little poochy won't get his correct dosage!

I reminded the "nurse?" that the weight guidelines on the CORRECT box still spanned 100% (i.e., ten pounds, doubled up to twenty).  So really, if I broke the larger pill in half, how far off could I possibly be from the "correct" dosage?   She really didn't have a leg to stand on after this point...

I took the $90 deal so as not to piss them off, but my next purchase will be online for the larger pills.
(A trick I picked up from a friend trying to quit smoking.  You can buy the 4mg Walmart nicotine lozenges for the same price as the 2mg.  Get the larger dose, cut in half, and it's basically instant 50% off.)
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2017 at 7:36pm
We usually use Heart Guard and Front Line, I wish I could buy a single dose.

We had one Front Line left, I don't think she will make it till the end of the month.
Her condition keeps declining. She is due for some shots too.  What to do?

Pump a bunch of expensive shots in her and put her to sleep in the same month, it won't be cheap to put her down.  The emotional expense will be hard to measure.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2017 at 7:02pm
Yeah, you have your choice of ticks or seizures.  I would look for another brand with less serious side effects, if available, or make sure it has been in use for a long time.  This new one has me worried.  What's wrong with the other ones we have on the market?
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2017 at 6:28pm
Now we're getting medication ads for pets - along with the possible terrible side effects. Just wonderful! Angry This 17 year old "one hit wonder...why the f this was even a hit song," just wont die! 

I had dogs pretty much all my life, they had flea collars...no problems. I would not give my dog a damn pill that might cause serious health problems. That's just me.

It's bad enough I see news every few months about tainted dog food / treat (Another Blue Diamond recall recently) shipped from China. 

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2017 at 5:25pm
Uh, WTF did I just see!?
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 8:46pm
Well, at least it's not loud and blaring on this commercial.  Those stick figure-type dogs remind me of the craze last Halloween of having skeletons of all manner of animals in addition to the classic human skeletons.  Ick.

I wish they had used REAL dawgs!!!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 5:52pm
Gosh dangit...THIS SONG!!  It was burned into my brain forever in January of 2001.
 We were departing Miami harbour as the sun was setting, everyone had a tropical drink (with an umbrella) in their hand.   And this song, this freaking song was blaring from every loud speaker on the ship.  Wacko

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic