Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Happy Little (Stinker) Month

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Happy Little (Stinker) Month
    Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 2:17am
I've designated April as Little (Stinker) Month. Of the five people who got my Little (Stinker) of the Century Award three of them have April Birthdays. April 2 is the birthday of Kim Phuc, the Woman's International Little (Stinker) of the Century 14 years after being the subject of one of the most infamous photo taken during the Vietnam War Kim grew up and got married. There are two versions of what happened next. One version has Kim and her spouse are flown from Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City) to Havana, the other version has them flying from Havana to Moscow. Either way the plane they were on couldn't make it to the destination without stopping to get refueled, so the plane landed in Canada. After landing Kim and her spouse got off the plane, and made a BEELINE to Customs, who awarded them political asylum. It was the defection that got her the award. They eventually settled in the Toronto, Ontario area. April 14 is the birthday of Flavio DaSilva, the Men's International Little (Stinker) of the Century. Last but not least is April 22, which was the birthday of the late Shirley Temple Black, she received the Woman's USA Little (Stinker) of the Century.

For the next 24 hours my avatar will be a photo of Kim Phuc (NO, not that infamous photo, I'd get tossed into the Booby Hatch if I used that one!). Shocked

As for the Men's Little (Stinkers) of the century One of them, Matt Winkler (The first human being to come down with a case of rabies AND LIVE TO TELL ABOUT IT) has his birthday in January. The other is Roger Woodward (The boy who swam over Niagara Falls in 1960) unfortunately his birthday is unknown (I wouldn't be surprised if he has an April Birthday, however the anniversary date (July 9) I've designated Serious Thrill Issues Day.
Poiuyt Power!!!
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 9:39pm
What?
I don't care what you say, Reg.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 10:24pm
Happy Little (Stinker) Month
I still wanna know---why the parentheses?

regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 10:40pm
So be it. Tonight I will be downloading a recipe for cooking a Vietnamese recipe I downloaded from the web and eating it in commemoration of her birthday. On April 14 I will eat lunch a South American Restaurant in Honor of the Men's International Little (Stinker) of the Century, and on April 22 I will watch a movie starring the Woman's USA Little (Stinker) of the Century. It's the least I can do. Smile
Poiuyt Power!!!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 11:40pm
Yeah, yeah, yeah...all that.

But why the parentheses?

regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2017 at 12:06am
Because the award is the Little $**+of the century. (Stinker) is the "G Rated Version".
Poiuyt Power!!!
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2017 at 5:27am
i r confused.  Confused
It sounds like you admire her for defecting, yet you call her a nasty name for defecting.
Whatever.  Sleepy 
regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2017 at 6:26am
Well Excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse Me! Let's face it. It's all in good fun and no harm is intended. I came up with these awards in 1987 after we acquired name one of my "Annual Awardsa new member of the family, a Toy Poodle named Benji. We nicknamed him "Little $#!+" and I decided to name one of my "Annual Awards" after him (The first "Little (Stinkers of the Year" winners were Cicelia Cichan, Jessica McClure and Alvaro Garza Jr). On Y2K Night (That's December 31, 1999 for those of you in Rio Linda!) it was decided we needed a "Century Award", which Shirley Temple, Kim Phuc, Roger Woodward, Matt Winkler and Flavio DaSilva received IMHO if thisdisturbes you take a chill pill and cool it.
Poiuyt Power!!!
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2017 at 11:24pm
reg, where else besides this forum are your Annual Awards publicized?  I missed the one for Y2K night because I did not yet have my very own PC.
regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2017 at 1:43am
Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

reg, where else besides this forum are your Annual Awards publicized?  I missed the one for Y2K night because I did not yet have my very own PC.

I also report them on sitcomsonline.com in their "Chit Chat" forum. I began my "Annual Awards" in 1975 after seeing my favorite movies get snubbed by the Academy Awards each year Angry Disney's Escape to Witch Mountain received my first award. In 1976 two more movie awards, Funniest Movie and Worst Movie made their debut, then other awards made their debuts as the years passed. BTW In 1999 The Ten Commandments and Ben Hur became my best movies of the century, Home Alone became my funniest movie of the century and Alien 3 got the award for worst movie of the century.
Poiuyt Power!!!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2017 at 3:18am
Thank you, regulus.  I was unaware of that web site.  Now I may have to join it, especially for the Britcoms and to talk about my love for King of Queens, Bewitched, and some other shows I can't think of right now.  Gee, I've been watching sitcoms for decades!

Is anybody on here over there too?

I hope a certain someone is not over there.  If he/she/it is ruining that forum too I would just scream!

Smile

ETA:  I don't know if DarkRealmStar would be such a good screen name for comedies. Tongue
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 6:54pm
Reg has mastered the art of, government assisted living.

Check out his stories of the Roller Coasters he has visited on our tax dollars.
The mega collection of videos and DVDs.  He is a victim of his own success.  Confused
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 7:06pm
Originally posted by regulus regulus wrote:

Because the award is the Little $**+of the century. (Stinker) is the "G Rated Version".

Minor technical point here, Reg...

If you're using "stinker" in place of another word, then you should use quotation marks rather than parentheses.

As in...

April is Little "Stinker" Month!!!

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 8:36pm
^ You guys are trying to ruin regulus' fun!

There are a few meanings of the name Regulus.  I wonder what our reg's name means?

So, any ideas for a screen name for me to use on sitcomsonline.com?
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 8:50pm

There are a few meanings of the name Regulus.  I wonder what our reg's name means?

As I recall I came up with a screen name for you once that I had to apologize for...

You didn't much care for it, but I still think it was kinda cute...

BTW, I think I'm going to sign up over there, too. Been looking for another fun chit-chat forum.

(Why not just use the same name you use here?)
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 9:05pm
f**k You Jimbo!!!!!  I am so upset that you brought that incident up!!!!!  I had forgotten it and you reminded me of the pain and suffering and mental torment you caused me when you called me that ridiculous name.

Just kidding!  LOL Heart Wink
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 9:07pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

As I recall I came up with a screen name for you once that I had to apologize for...

You didn't much care for it, but I still think it was kinda cute...

BTW, I think I'm going to sign up over there, too. Been looking for another fun chit-chat forum.

(Why not just use the same name you use here?)
Dork Realm Star? C'mon, Jimbo.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Dork Realm Star? C'mon, Jimbo.

Hey... #1, it was a misunderstanding and #2, I apologized.

I think she still holds it agin' me though.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 9:39pm
Ask her...If I told you, "you have a beautiful body" would you hold it against me? Tongue
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 9:44pm

f**k You Jimbo!!!!!  I am so upset that you brought that incident up!!!!!  I had forgotten it and you reminded me of the pain and suffering and mental torment you caused me when you called me that ridiculous name.

Just kidding!  LOL Heart Wink

You had me going there for a minute...

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 9:49pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Ask her...If I told you, "you have a beautiful body" would you hold it against me? Tongue

I dunno... I'm probably still on thin ice with her.

I better tiptoe carefully for awhile....

regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2017 at 12:51am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Originally posted by regulus regulus wrote:

Minor technical point here, Reg...

If you're using "stinker" in place of another word, then you should use quotation marks rather than parentheses.

As in...

April is Little "Stinker" Month!!!

Thanks for the one up Jimbo. I stand corrected. Thumbs Up
Poiuyt Power!!!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2017 at 1:09am
regulus:  You didn't reveal what regulus means in your case of screen name?  Are you keeping it a secret?  Embarrassed

aka ron:  So, you remember that name too?  LOL  You guys have long memories!  Big smile

Jimbo:  LOL  Aww, I hope I didn't hurt your feelings; I was really just kidding.  Ouch  And I don't hold anything against you, nor are you skating on thin ice with me.  Tongue  (I was just surprised you remembered that!  I had completely forgotten!)
regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2017 at 1:26am
I was born on August 19, which makes me a Leo (This is as far as I go on Astrology, I never read horoscopes nor partake of anything in that drive). Regulus is the brightest star in the constellation Leo. I adopted this name for a model rocket I designed as an Interplanetary spaceliner in 1978. It was awarded a prize as one of Estes "Design Of The Month" winners. Thumbs Up Its a vision as an interplanetary spaceliners in the 22nd century. I wrote a little sci-fi story concerning the birds I designed. I am combining all the stories of the rockets I designed. I'm calling my story "The History of the Future" and it's about seven families who, in a period from 2038 to 2199 find themselves participating in a series of historical events yet to come. It starts with the first manned mission to Mars, and will end with the human race establishing diplomatic relation and trade with an alien race from another solar system, and lots and lots of other stuff in between. Wink
Poiuyt Power!!!
regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2017 at 5:03am
Happy Flavio DaSilva Day everyone! He's turning 67 today, and I hope he's celebrating it with friends and relatives. His Avatar will be on for 24 hours.
Poiuyt Power!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic