Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Domino's 'Life Moves Fast' (video)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Domino's 'Life Moves Fast' (video)
    Posted: 01 Apr 2017 at 5:58pm
I don't know who this jerk-off (Joe Keery) is but he needs to get a haircut, all of them! Angry

Sponsored Links

Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2017 at 8:44pm
The commercial reminds me more of Ferris Bueller than it does pepperoni.
So, total failure.

Well, maybe not "total".
At least they didn't have wannabe-Ferris singing in the shower hawking Entresto.

DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 6:23am
This guy bugs me too.  His face and facial expressions are supposed to be cute/smug, but it just comes out being douche/smug.  Know what I mean?
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 4:20pm
I know this is a pizza ad, but Jesus this almost feels like a personal audition tape to cast this jerk*ff for a Ferris Buller's Day Off remake/reboot. And I would not be surprised if that happened! Broderick fit that classic 80s movie...this goof looks like he was kicked out a boy band.

Damn trend in unoriginal Hollywood taking classic flicks and remaking them...destroying them in the process.

Yeah..perhaps totally off topic, this ad sucks! And so does this 15 sec version Angry

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 7:52pm
Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

This guy bugs me too.  His face and facial expressions are supposed to be cute/smug, but it just comes out being douche/smug.  Know what I mean?
Are you kidding? Can I just smack him in the shower with that spiked hair thing going on? Angry
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2017 at 3:54am
I'm sick and tired of these millennials jizzing all over movies from the 80's like they're "iconic legendary classics." I grew up avoiding these films for a reason: They're stupid. Stop it. It's been done. Stop trying to pander to my generation. Just show the product, tell me what toppings are on it, and give me a discount. Other than that, shut the hell up. Thumbs Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2017 at 4:38am
Originally posted by Triple J Triple J wrote:

I'm sick and tired of these millennials jizzing all over movies from the 80's like they're "iconic legendary classics." I grew up avoiding these films for a reason: They're stupid. Stop it. It's been done. Stop trying to pander to my generation. Just show the product, tell me what toppings are on it, and give me a discount. Other than that, shut the hell up. Thumbs Down
LOL

Douchebag Boy runs from his girlfriend for a pizza?!?  How gay is that?
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2017 at 4:42am
It's official.  These ads are supposed to be Ferris Bueller's Day Off 2.0.  I saw it on the Internet.

http://nerdist.com/stranger-things-joe-keery-plays-ferris-bueller-in-nostalgic-dominos-ad/

Ugh. Dead
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2017 at 6:02pm
I grew up in a time when it was cool for men (some men) to have long hair. I'll try to find a pic but even I think I look a little goofy.
This jerk is playing Ferris Bueller? Maybe a gay FB.

Can anyone else relate to this?  LOL

Or wake-up in study hall with a pool of drool after falling asleep at your desk.

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2017 at 8:35pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

I grew up in a time when it was cool for men (some men) to have long hair. I'll try to find a pic but even I think I look a little goofy.

Or wake-up in study hall with a pool of drool after falling asleep at your desk.

Ben Stein
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
!Tommy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote !Tommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2017 at 3:56am
I think ordering pizza online is the most stupid concept to have ever been pulled out of someone's ass. How hard is it to pick up a phone and call it in?? It's not more convenient, it's just the fact that you can do it and because people are so addicted to the internet, it just gives them one more excuse to spend their entire lives on it.

As for "life moves fast", that's just another stupid thing that people try using as an excuse that they have to be impatient for every little aspect of their lives. You're not as important and special as you think you are. Oh how I miss the 90s when people had a little more common sense.
MontanaTrav View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MontanaTrav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2017 at 7:03am
The kid plays Steve on Stranger Things. If you're not familiar, Steve is the 80's rich-boy smug douchebag stereotype on the show. He sports that haircut, which I guess is supposed to make him even more douchy (it works).

It's annoying as f**k seeing that commercial every 2 minutes, but I guess maybe a smart move on Dominos' part, as Stranger Things fans would instantly recognize him, and a hell of a lot of people are on an 80's kick right now.
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2017 at 4:52am
[ camera zooms in on pizza box being opened ]

[ roaches scurry out and escape ]

[ voiceover ]

"Life Moves Fast"
Dreamer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2017 at 8:20am
Someone needs to hold him down and cut his hair. What is with that shaggy, unkempt hair deal that wraps around the forehead? It is ridiculous! Please people, make them cut their hair!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 11:21pm
I found the LONG version of 'Home for Pizza'...enjoy
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
MrCleveland View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 5:03pm
Looks like Domino's is gonna revamp all scenes from Ferris Buller the way things are going!

What next...Domino's revamps this scene?

Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
HalandBubbles View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HalandBubbles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 9:45pm
That's the worst recorder playing I've heard.
you wanna see my pencil?
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 3:27pm

I don't recall having study hall but can relate as a former federal civil service employee. The worst nightmare was waking up at your desk and realizing it was past quitting time!Cry
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 9:57pm
Originally posted by Dreamer Dreamer wrote:

Someone needs to hold him down and cut his hair. What is with that shaggy, unkempt hair deal that wraps around the forehead? It is ridiculous! Please people, make them cut their hair!

As long as you've got him pinned down, why not beat the ever-loving sh!t out of him? 

Mlevinson View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mlevinson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2017 at 3:50am
This kid is a douche, and I will never eat Domino's again based on this commercial.
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2017 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by MrCleveland MrCleveland wrote:

Looks like Domino's is gonna revamp all scenes from Ferris Buller the way things are going!

I'd like to remake the scene where the Ferrari falls out the window, with that friggin' kid in the car. Angry
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2017 at 5:23pm
"Life moves fast."

Too bad Domino's delivery doesn't!  Tongue

Ad execs should think before they open their campaigns to ridicule.
Oh wait, that requires a brain stem.   Nevermind.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2017 at 5:32pm
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

Ben Stein

Did you ever see this show, Sarge?

Or this one? Wink

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2017 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by Anduril Anduril wrote:

"Life moves fast."

Too bad Domino's delivery doesn't!  Tongue

Ad execs should think before they open their campaigns to ridicule.
Oh wait, that requires a brain stem.   Nevermind.

LOL

At least they stopped sending 19 year old children, with crappy cars and tires and a limited amount of driving experience, on a time related mission. How could they even think this was a good idea?

Domino's: Stop the Deaths! End Your 30 Minute Delivery Guarantee

But in 1993, after the company was faced with two lawsuits from people who were killed or injured by delivery drivers rushing to get pizzas delivered within the 30 minute timeframe, the company dropped the guarantee in the U.S.

https://www.change.org/p/dominos-stop-the-deaths-end-your-30-minute-delivery-guarantee
MrCleveland View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2017 at 7:43pm
Can we bring back Bad Andy? At least he was better...

Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic