Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Any old songs that you can't forget.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 11>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2017 at 6:55pm
^ You're just enamored with sexy women...I know your type. LOL
Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2017 at 7:09pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

^ You're just enamored with sexy women...I know your type. LOL

Yeah, I know. You being the same type and all...

BTW, I Google image searched Banarama to see what they look like today...

Still smokin' hot after all these years!!!!

And back on tour, too!!!
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2017 at 8:48pm
The 'Oliver' song I posted was actually only famous BECAUSE of his version.
The original?
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2017 at 11:19pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Cry...WHY any oldies station would dredge this song up is beyond me, but one just did...

That was one of those songs I hated at the time due to it being so overplayed.  Gotta admit...I like hearing it again.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2017 at 11:57pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Cry...WHY any oldies station would dredge this song up is beyond me, but one just did... 

That was one of those songs I hated at the time due to it being so overplayed.  Gotta admit...I like hearing it again.

I'm not sure 'overplayed' is a strong enough word. Maybe 'brainwashed' better suits it as I recall rapidly rejecting the resultant Hari Krishna dancing & prancing for greaser hair, white t-shirt & cigs in the sleeve for a short spell before going all 'WatermelonWolf'...and look where it left me!Confused
*NOT* PaW (neither one), but you get the idea...

"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 2:55am

"The Needle and the Damage Done" is a favorite Neil Young song. I wore out my 3 Buffalo Springfield albums! I will have to download Savoy Brown's "Needle and Spoon".
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 3:13am
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

"The Needle and the Damage Done" is a favorite Neil Young song. I wore out my 3 Buffalo Springfield albums! I will have to download Savoy Brown's "Needle and Spoon".

The guy in this pic with Young is who the song is about...

Danny Whitten from his old band Crazy Horse.

OD'd in 1972.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 4:23am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

But what did he do the next day??

I'm thinking maybe sat in a tub of cold water.
It reminds me of an old Gene Tracy comedy routine where an airline pilot has 3 hot stewardesses really come on to him. It's an overnight layover and they get his hotel room number and say they will arrive at 9PM. Be ready! He's not confident of his stamina and visits the corner pharmacy. He explains the situation and requests a dose of Spanish fly. The pharmacist understands and gives him a dose. The next morning the pilot limps into the pharmacy. The pharmacist says OMG you look rough! The pilot responds. You think I look rough, look at this. He goes behind the counter and whips out his penis. The pharmacist says OMG, it looks like raw hamburger! The pilot requests some Ben Gay. The pharmacist says Ben Gay is the last thing you would want to put on that! The pilot replies "I know that". The Ben Gay is for my arm. Those damned stews never showed up.   
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 4:48am

OD'd in 1972.
Always a waste. I lost a couple of close friends to the needle. They didn't OD. They just left their friends and relatives for their new "best friend".
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 4:50am

But what did he do the next day??

I'm thinking maybe sat in a tub of cold water.

It reminds me of an old Gene Tracy comedy routine where an airline pilot has 3 hot stewardesses really come on to him. It's an overnight layover and they get his hotel room number and say they will arrive at 9PM. Be ready! He's not confident of his stamina and visits the corner pharmacy. He explains the situation and requests a dose of Spanish fly. The pharmacist understands and gives him a dose. The next morning the pilot limps into the pharmacy. The pharmacist says OMG you look rough! The pilot responds. You think I look rough, look at this. He goes behind the counter and whips out his penis. The pharmacist says OMG, it looks like raw hamburger! The pilot requests some Ben Gay. The pharmacist says Ben Gay is the last thing you would want to put on that! The pilot replies "I know that". The Ben Gay is for my arm. Those damned stews never showed up.

Gene Tracy...

"But with the help of God and these two fingers, I managed to save every last one of 'em!!!"

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 9:00am

I'm not sure 'overplayed' is a strong enough word. Maybe 'brainwashed' better suits it as I recall rapidly rejecting the resultant Hari Krishna dancing & prancing for greaser hair, white t-shirt & cigs in the sleeve for a short spell before going all 'WatermelonWolf'...and look where it left me!Confused

There's another one I've always kinda liked.  The Hari Krishna song.  Has kind of a catchy hook.

Hari Krishna, Hari Krishna
Krishna, Krishna
Hari, hari

I'd consider joining, but I also always liked Hava Nagila.  Tough choice there.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 4:24pm

There's another one I've always kinda liked.  The Hari Krishna song.  Has kind of a catchy hook.

Hari Krishna, Hari Krishna
Krishna, Krishna
Hari, hari

I'd consider joining, but I also always liked Hava Nagila.  Tough choice there.

Image result for photo brown noser

LOL
Wink
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 6:35pm

That song temporarily bleached "Sweet Caroline" by Neil Diamond from my head! Yay! Aw feck, it's back
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2017 at 7:33pm
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 5:25pm
The station I normally listen to went off the air, I just made a short run uptown.

In the mid 80's,  MTV played music videos.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2017 at 5:38pm
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2017 at 1:57am

OD'd in 1972.
Always a waste. I lost a couple of close friends to the needle. They didn't OD. They just left their friends and relatives for their new "best friend".
I lost a number of friends to the needle & spoon as they found a new friend or died of overdose, air bubbles, or stupid but deadly actions attributable to alternate states of being.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2017 at 9:06am
^  As Lou Reed sang---"It's my wife and it's my life".

I thought heroin was a thing of the past, but it seems to have made a comeback.  To me, it was always the drug one shouldn't even think of trying.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2017 at 9:09am
Alison Gross, by Steeleye Span.  What always made this song extra-cool to me was the electric guitar at the end.

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2017 at 4:30pm
A song I never thought of much less remembered. "Holiday Road". Thank you so much Honda. Not!!!Angry
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2017 at 5:24pm

^  As Lou Reed sang---"It's my wife and it's my life".

I thought heroin was a thing of the past, but it seems to have made a comeback.  To me, it was always the drug one shouldn't even think of trying. 
OuchOh great...here is where I go back on my soapbox...
Heroin never was a 'thing of the past' - it just temporarily lost visible/white middle-class popularity. It is around and as dangerous as ever, especially in port and border cities.
In lower-class, lower-education households, it is MUCH more prevalent as 'Deisel' is still $10 a cap, so any whore can forget life for another day at the cost of one BJ, I suppose. Lot cheaper than crack and lasts a lot longer and being it is a downer, after that first flash-puke (within 45 minutes if the crap is any 'good'), one can pass out and lose a good part of the day - forever lost, never to be reclaimed.
Very sad to see the addicts - you know they were once 'other people', the 'human inside you' wonders who that other person might have been, might you have known them, might they have once been a friend. It's a miracle - a very satisfying one - if you can find and reclaim (I will never say 'save') that person.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2017 at 5:32pm
Unhappy..I'm SICK of playing with Midomi and humming old songs brats from these days wouldn't begin to know, thus the app isn't worth a sh*t.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2017 at 5:52pm
Diesel is about $2.50 a gallon...This is, making me really hungry!

^ Thanks for that banner! YouTube. Angry

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2017 at 5:56pm
^  Diesel at any price never made me hungry.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2017 at 6:12pm
I like the smell of vehicles burning diesel gas on very cold mornings - I'll find that place, take a deep breath and smile.
I can't stand heroin - seen too much, touched too many lives too close to my own. I know way too much more than I ever wanted to. It's been around my place and I will eradicate it wherever I find it, however I can, especially when it comes to those who make their living off of the weaknesses of others.
Don't like talking about it as much as I do playing a role in changing a landscape.

Kind of funny us talking heroin music, in the previous posts - Savoy Brown (well, Kim Simmonds) has always been anti-drug, even before 'Needle & Spoon', which was a song that fit those times, but didn't support them. I'll never forget one night in Heidelberg when the crowd was enjoying the set so much they started tossing valuable drugs on stage to share with the band. When Simmonds realized what was happening, he stopped in mid-song, unplugged and walked off and had us immediately rip down the stage before even explaining to the crowd. Back then he would turn his back on the drug-addled. These days, like me, he will try and intervene.
This was always my cut for the Missus...to this day I can never hear it too much.
This was always one my favorites...the Missus wouldn't ever admit it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 11>
  Share Topic