Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Any old songs that you can't forget.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 11>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2017 at 6:49pm
The wife was messin around with her homemade jewelry...she mentioned the word 'thread'.
I thought she used fishing line. Confused
I asked her if she was "hanging by a thread". Tongue

Speaking of threads, we have tons of them here on the mighty CIH!!

Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2017 at 9:06pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

The wife was messin around with her homemade jewelry...she mentioned the word 'thread'.
I thought she used fishing line. Confused
I asked her if she was "hanging by a thread". Tongue

Speaking of threads, we have tons of them here on the mighty CIH!!

My old (late) friend Paul was into jewelry making.

Shown here at the workshop of The Central Florida Mineral and Gem Society.

Picked it up when he used to live in Arizona.

Apparently, it's a big thing out there.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2017 at 11:13pm
The father (now deceased) of a friend of mine was into jewelry-making while living in an Arizona retirement community.  He made some nice stuff with silver and turquoise and other gems/minerals.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2017 at 11:33pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

The father (now deceased) of a friend of mine was into jewelry-making while living in an Arizona retirement community.  He made some nice stuff with silver and turquoise and other gems/minerals.

Back in 1973 when I was around 15 y/o (10th grade) and my friends and I were just really beginning to get into smoking weed, there was this big, tall, long haired dude from Tulsa, Oklahoma, named Danny, who was renting a house in our neighborhood. Had this huge Irish Sheep Hound named Claudia, who drank out of the toilet.

He was about 6'4" or 6'5" and in his late 20's or early 30's I guess.

Used to keep his weed in a covered crystal candy dish and left his door unlocked so we could go in and get high whenever we wanted. We'd go over, smoke a joint and I'd read his Zap!! comics or fiddle with his guitar.

Anyway, he was into all kinds of jewelry making too. Had the rock tumbler and other equipment all set up in his utility room. Made a lot of really ornate stuff out of silver wire.

Belt buckles, rings, custom stuff on Zippo lighters.

Did some real nice work.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2017 at 11:54pm

I like silver.  If I was to wear jewelry, it'd be silver.

Segue:

One of T. Rex's first electric songs (after they changed their name from Tyrannosaurus Rex in 1970).  Always loved the last 30 seconds or so of this song:

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2017 at 11:57pm
Very frenetic guitar playing.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2017 at 12:13am
Speaking of "frenetic" guitar playing, I work with this guy Tommy who's in a metal band called Kissing Candice.  He's one of the guitarists.  I understand he's pretty good.  Smart, nice guy, too.  Works at Walmart while not touring.  I always kid him that he's playing Satan's music.  Despite the style of music he plays (he likes shredding but doesn't do it with his band's style of music), he loves all sorts of rock guitar styles---from Keith Richards and Jeff Beck to Mark Bolan and Adrian Belew.

Here's his band.  He's the guy with the dreads.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2017 at 12:21am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Speaking of "frenetic" guitar playing, I work with this guy Tommy who's in a metal band called Kissing Candice.  He's one of the guitarists.  I understand he's pretty good.  Smart, nice guy, too.  Works at Walmart while not touring.  I always kid him that he's playing Satan's music.  Despite the style of music he plays (he likes shredding but doesn't do it with his band's style of music), he loves all sorts of rock guitar styles---from Keith Richards and Jeff Beck to Mark Bolan and Adrian Belew.

Here's his band.  He's the guy with the dreads.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2017 at 12:46am
I'm sure the "Church Lady" would've had a thing or two to say, too.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2017 at 6:37pm
I'm having a 3 Dog Day Afternoon minus one.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2017 at 6:42pm

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2017 at 8:51pm
I might have to let that bird out.  LOL

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2017 at 9:14pm
One of the reasons punk rock was great:

Song's about a guy who takes a sex drug and proceeds to have sex with 24 women in 24 hours.  Apparently, he f*cks one of them to death ("She wasn't what you'd call living really").

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2017 at 9:34pm
But what did he do the next day??

I'm thinking maybe sat in a tub of cold water.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2017 at 11:28pm
Probably called Chuck Negron for advice.

Hello, Chuck?  My dick's a bloody pulp.  Any advice?  And Oh, did you ever f*ck anyone to death?

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2017 at 4:22pm

Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

I was going to post Jeff Beck and Emogen Heap "Rollin and Tumblin" video. I had the YouTube link saved but this is what I now get.

This video contains content from Eagle Rock. It is not available in your country.

Sorry about that. Confused Has anyone else experienced this BS?

This one?

I could access that one for audio but I had saved a link to the performance video/audio.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2017 at 8:46pm
Confused...well, there weren't really any old songs I couldn't forget, today...but I found one I don't exactly remember. Kinda 'catchy', doncha knowWink

Who was the singer? HehungLo Butnonutts

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
NiteRaidah View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiteRaidah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 12:35am
I have 168 characters remaining.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 4:40am
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2017 at 3:01am
All the FwM chatter really took me back to where they really grabbed their original crowd...with something everyone will remember the first 2:20 of and never recall hearing the last 6:30 of (which I rate right up with anything as dreamy as PF, Genesis, King Crimson, or the like ever did...all about the time both Peter Green (FwM) and Syd Barrett (of PF) both went nuts and just about everyone else found religion in some strange corner of the earth if they hadn't moved to Canada.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2017 at 5:49pm
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2017 at 6:19pm
KFC Georgia Gold? Golden Slumbers?

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 7:05pm

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2017 at 4:20pm

"Frampton Comes Alive" was another LP I wore out. 
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
NiteRaidah View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiteRaidah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2017 at 12:40am

The whole Selling England by the Pound album counts too, really.
I have 168 characters remaining.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 11>
  Share Topic