Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Any old songs that you can't forget.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 7:16pm
Sponsored Links

NiteRaidah View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiteRaidah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2017 at 12:08am
Time Fades Away - Neil Young
I have 168 characters remaining.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2017 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by NiteRaidah NiteRaidah wrote:

Big smileBig smileBig smileGaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwd!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE THAT SONG - NR.
Takes me back to only the best 'dayz in the haze'. Yea - 'Queen Steet' is downtown Toronto.
This very version is my favorite:

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 3:01am

Wink
Actually, whenever I think of Neil Young, I end up with 'Crime in the City (Sixty to Zero Part I)'...or even a few songs off of the same album...
...with this cut though, the more I hear it the harder it is to get out of my head...
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2017 at 8:53pm
What ever happened to real music like this?  A strong piano in the melody, bass guitars to reach your soul. A lead guitar and a man who can sing and write like this.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2017 at 9:17pm
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2017 at 9:20pm
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2017 at 10:42pm

Big smileWinkThe Questions Remains...Son, did you get home late? Were you in by EIGHT?!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2017 at 10:52pm
My problem is not old songs I can't forget.

My problem is old songs I can't REMEMBER!!!

And unfortunately, it's most of them!!!!
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2017 at 12:06am
^^^Ol'Mule? You're falling apart FAST, doncha know - maybe faster than me, but not as fast as Thor (do you think they gave him a 'kiddy keyboard' and a T.V. with cartoons on?). Wink
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2017 at 12:10am
Always loved the song (the album was 'Urban Hymns') and the video....
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2017 at 8:28pm
^ Oh YES, LOVE that song best song of the 90s I was almost out of Middle School back then! Those violins are beautiful! Things seemed more innocent back in that era! Miss it dearly!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2017 at 6:27pm
Here I'm on my old browser and I can't even see if this is showing up.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 8:25pm

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 7:59pm
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 11:20pm
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 11:28pm
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 1:39am
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2017 at 5:38pm
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2017 at 5:44pm
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2017 at 5:55pm
There's a :24 second slow acoustic intro before this bad boy starts to rock:

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2017 at 6:14pm
The first song I ever had to learn the trombone part to - it is much harder to play than it may seem and remains on MY 'top 10 list' of songs I can't forget, but Terry Kath can - he was a FANTASTIC guitarist and a pure idiot.
Image result
Terry Kath played a great guitar and a terrible game of 'American Roulette' (played with a single shot revolver he SWORE "wasn't loaded", but he was).
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2017 at 8:57pm
Confused...and here's one I have not been able to get out of my head for a few days...
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2017 at 9:04pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Confused...and here's one I have not been able to get out of my head for a few days...

Hmmmph.... I didn't see or hear any "a-hole lyrics" being fixed.

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2017 at 9:08pm
^^^LOLLOLLOL
Thanky, ol'Mule! I owe you one - YOU answered the 'fist-deep question' for me - I've been lookin' at it all wrong for years!
*I* know some real a-holes 'dat be needin' sum fixin'!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>
  Share Topic