Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Music in Commercials

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Music in Commercials
    Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 2:04am
Music?  In commercials?!

Nah...  you're joking.
The closest thing I've heard to that in a long time was the Buick "kazoo" sampled through a jock strap...

Here's the original.  (I think?)
I warn you though, it's no better!!

But then, when "music" is this horrid, why quibble about the actual rankings?
Crap.  That is all you need to know. 

Not music.  Crap.
Any questions?
Sponsored Links

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 1:25am
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

It is simply one aspect of the 'dumbing down' of society as we know it, which is happening at a much more rapid rate than some of us expected.

I finally watched "Idiocracy" a couple of weeks ago. 500 years in the future? I would guess less than 50.
OuchOne other area where we have served up an injustice would be the likes of 'Alexa' and 'Artificial Intelligence'. We have created a whole tier of humans that live off of technology and couldn't wipe their asses without it. Give these people something to provide an answer, or lead the way, and then we have a whole new breed of 'Scheeple Einsteins'.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 11:39pm
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

It is simply one aspect of the 'dumbing down' of society as we know it, which is happening at a much more rapid rate than some of us expected.

I finally watched "Idiocracy" a couple of weeks ago. 500 years in the future? I would guess less than 50.
DisapproveI pretty much agree with you, Sarge.
What I see happening in the impact of technology on safety and security of complicated businesses and the information contained and manipulated within them is irresponsible, even though it allows people with lower capacities and capabilities to function in positions in which they have no business, such as The Donald and the low-life, less-than-educated half-breed inbred rustbelt ruffians that support and believe in him, thus got put to work.
'Idiocracy' is today.

"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 4:15pm

EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 4:10pm
Originally posted by Jimmy Jimmy wrote:

The "music" featured in ads today are a reflection about the state of today's popular music. Most "musicians" of today's music can not play an actual instrument. Everything is computer created, often times the "singing" is even enhanced through computers. 
The music industry is absolutely dead, as far as creativity is concerned.
It's very sad. Today's target audience seems to have no interest in musical (instrumental/vocal) talent and thought provoking lyrics would require actual thinking. Top 40 of the 60s was similar with the exception of an occasional gem sneaking in.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Ad Endless Nauseum View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad Endless Nauseum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 8:19am
Originally posted by Triple J Triple J wrote:

And whistling. ... Always whistling. ... So ... much... whistling. All that God... damn ... whistling. Pinch

THANK YOU!!!

I tend to whistle a lot. I grew up as a classically trained musician (violin, viola, and voice), and have perfect pitch, so my whistling is usually in tune, and on beat. But I do not EVER presume to inflict it on anyone else!

I can't stand to listen to whistling on radio or tv ads. Probably because so few radio and tv whistlers are even CLOSE to being in tune, don't know of their lack, wouldn't care if they did know, and are more than likely being ordered to sound bad by the director of the ad, in order to manufacture some "edginess", whatever that is.
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Defense de fumer et de cracher

A message brought to you by this station and the Ad Council.
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 4:09am
And whistling. ... Always whistling. ... So ... much... whistling. All that God... damn ... whistling. Pinch
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2017 at 11:00pm

That sight alone has made choco-dipped cones from DQ a thing of the past (friggin' dirty toilet dipped babies are much worse)

Cosmic Charlie View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cosmic Charlie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2017 at 9:12pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

The "music" featured in ads today are a reflection about the state of today's popular music. Most "musicians" of today's music can not play an actual instrument. Everything is computer created, often times the "singing" is even enhanced through computers. 
It's horrific, Jimmy.  Then they add this type of visual...

http://www.commercialsihate.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=24269&PID=369212&title=cheerios-more-babies#369212 - http://www.commercialsihate.com/forum_s/bullet.png - Direct To Post Topic: Cheerios - "More Babies"

WOW

Exactly my point !

One of the Worst
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2017 at 7:15pm

It's horrific, Jimmy.  Then they add this type of visual...

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cheerios - "More Babies"
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2017 at 6:26pm
Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2017 at 5:01pm
One man gathers what another man spills
Cosmic Charlie View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cosmic Charlie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2017 at 3:02am
Why is it that the music in modern commercials is of such LOW quality ... like an electronic kazoo of some sort ?  squeaking / tweeting / vibrating sounds that surely express NO talent from the player

I'd bet the people writing these commercials are very removed from the main stream viewers of their product ...   just child like annoyances that push potential buyers like myself away from their product ...

Seems they think that's attractive (?) to young people - like age 6 ?

and so society goes down down and further down - led by the boob tube
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic