Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Verizon unlimited 'Drop the Mic' (video)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Verizon unlimited 'Drop the Mic' (video)
    Posted: 21 Feb 2017 at 5:19am
OuchI am SO tired of white people learning an ounce of bling and then feeling free to 'be black', as with this commercial. I would like to shove one of the mics down the pitch man's throat.

I really do hate blingspeak and the cheapening  of the English language. In my books this is one of the worst offenses.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2017 at 11:35am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

OuchI am SO tired of white people learning an ounce of bling and then feeling free to 'be black', as with this commercial.
I would like to shove one of the mics down the pitch man's throat.

I was thinking a different orifice, especially if we're allowed to turn the microphone sideways.

And I guess while you're up there, you could scrounge around for Verizon's definition of "unlimited".
Because surely they are pulling that one out of their ass.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2017 at 5:48pm
Originally posted by Anduril Anduril wrote:

OuchI am SO tired of white people learning an ounce of bling and then feeling free to 'be Sizeblack', as with this commercial.
I would like to shove one of the mics down the pitch man's throat.

I was thinking a different orifice, especially if we're allowed to turn the microphone sideways.

And I guess while you're up there, you could scrounge around for Verizon's definition of "unlimited".
Because surely they are pulling that one out of their ass.

"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2017 at 6:09pm
^^ LOLLOL
"Hey good lookin, we'll be back to pick you up later"

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2017 at 7:36pm
I'm sick of that whole mic-dropping crap in general.

Just another moronic pop culture meme.
MrCleveland View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2017 at 8:19pm
I really f**kin' hate this commercial as well!

I wish a giant microphone falls on this f**k!
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2017 at 9:45pm
This one just keeps airing and airing non-stop! He reminds me of the d-bag Xfinity guy with a crowd around him. But he's just another bumbling idiot.

I hear ya Jimbo! The damn mic-dropping...knock it off! I swear I thought that stupid trend died a few years ago!

usmaak View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2017 at 3:39pm
What a fkn knob.

Love the Mr. Microphone flashback though.  Holy hell! LOL
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2017 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by usmaak usmaak wrote:

...Love the Mr. Microphone flashback though..
That is a memory I didn't needLOL, but it immediately made me appreciate 'Drop the Mic' as I reflect back on my own brats and how a few almost died for waking daddy up with 'Mr. Microphone'.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2017 at 7:09pm
I didn't even know "Drop the mic" was a thing before I saw this thread.

tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2017 at 10:33pm
i am on board with the total HATE for this steaming tird..The FIRST time he 'drawps duh mike' i wanna smack this ghetto-be, but THREE times? its cleverness is non-existent
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2017 at 11:31pm
I was watching these vapid Oscars Sunday night with my girlfriend, this dork and f'ing ad....they had 2 or 3 very long "Oscar themed" versions of this mic dropping d-bag. I can't find them, but they aired the regular longer version a few times. Brutal!

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2017 at 12:13am
Do black people drop mics or something?  I haven't heard of this.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2017 at 1:53am
I'm pretty sure it's some kind of stupid rap thing.

And of course now, stupid ass white people do it trying to be cool.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2017 at 6:21am
It's been around for a long time, I think I remember seeing Eddie Murphy doing this in a stand up routine in the 80's! Hip hop artists did it (rap battles)..and yes the former mayor of Philly did this when he performed "Rappers Delight" with The Roots a few years ago (this was on local TV) And even the former President did it.

The trend seemed to come and go...then come back again.  Verizon just looks silly doing it.

The State of the Union clip is fake obviously LOL The other one is not.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2017 at 6:50am
If anyone asked me to 'drop the mic', I'd 'pinch a loaf', instead...and I know I'm not alone, here. In fact, women follow me!

White peeps got soul, doncha know...

Image result for pinch a loaf photo
DirtyD79 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DirtyD79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2017 at 8:29am
Originally posted by ThatNerdInPhilly ThatNerdInPhilly wrote:

It's been around for a long time, I think I remember seeing Eddie Murphy doing this in a stand up routine in the 80's! Hip hop artists did it (rap battles)..and yes the former mayor of Philly did this when he performed "Rappers Delight" with The Roots a few years ago (this was on local TV) And even the former President did it.

The trend seemed to come and go...then come back again.  Verizon just looks silly doing it.

The State of the Union clip is fake obviously LOL The other one is not.

I always associated mic dropping with pro wrestlers. Usually that means a beatdown is about to happen. But whatever the case this dork isn't cool enough to drop mics like a stand up comedian, rapper, former president, or pro wrestler.  And no you're not fightin' any power, stickin' it to any man, or advancing any struggles by switching to a different wireless carrier. 
Mind on My Money, Money on My Beer
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2017 at 8:41am
^^^Big smileHi DirtyD79 - sure good to see you again - been quite a while. Hope this finds you well.
DirtyD79 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DirtyD79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2017 at 8:50am
^ Thanks Wolf. I've just been really busy a lot lately. Yeah everything's about as well as can be expected. Obviously we've still plenty of stupid commercials to bag on. LOL
Mind on My Money, Money on My Beer
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2017 at 12:33pm
Dropping the mic is really just a good way to break the voice coils in the loudspeakers and piss off the sound guy running the mixer.

It's a stupid way to behave.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2017 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

LOLLOL
Same here!  I just live in this little bubble here in the upper midwest and I choose the entertainment I like.

Somehow, this never came up?  Till now?! Angry

YouTube is showing multiple versions of the song 'Drop The Mic'.

From Eminem to Boris Gilyadov. Confused
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2017 at 6:52pm

I tend to not waste long term memory on commercials so I have no idea what the ad was for. First time for me. Blind date girl does karaoke and ends with a mic drop.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2017 at 8:42pm

If they do, I hope there is no 'preferred color' of mic to drop...silver ones could get scratched, black ones could get lost, and white ones? well...that's just wrong. I don't think I've ever seen a white mic, but I've known a few.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2017 at 9:56pm
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

I tend to not waste long term memory on commercials so I have no idea what the ad was for. First time for me. Blind date girl does karaoke and ends with a mic drop.

Same here.  Perhaps it's because I don't buy much of what's advertised on TV, so I pay little attention.  I bought a bag of potato chips today.  Wise brand.  Or maybe it was Herr's.  I don't think either advertise.  Also, bought some Jewish brand of cookie.  It was in the Passover aisle.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2017 at 10:59pm

OuchI am SO tired of white people learning an ounce of bling and then feeling free to 'be black', as with this commercial. I would like to shove one of the mics down the pitch man's throat.

I looked this up in Wikipedia.  It started mainly as a rap thing, as "an expression of triumph for a successful event[1] and indicates a boastful attitude toward one's own performance."  I guess it's like the end zone dance.

White performers don't really do this.  Maybe whites are supposed to show more humility or something.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic