Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

L'il Sweet Diet Dr. Pepper

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJtoTX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: L'il Sweet Diet Dr. Pepper
    Posted: 16 Feb 2017 at 1:42pm
Still cannot stand this guy or his stupid voice. Wish someone would crush him.

Sponsored Links

usmaak View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2017 at 2:16pm
I don't understand why they keep on with this stupid ad campaign.  Every time one of these commercials comes on, it makes me cringe.  Maybe one of the horses will step on him and put him out of everyone's misery.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2017 at 5:32pm
"Lil' Sweeeeeeet OH NO!" SMMOOOOOSH
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2017 at 7:03pm
L'l Fruit
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Mona View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mona Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2017 at 12:33am
It confused me that Justin Guarini was compared to Prince in his portrayal of Lil Sweet. Personally, I don't see it. I certainly find the commercials annoying, although I keep reminding myself that I'm "not in the target audience."
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2017 at 2:48am
Originally posted by usmaak usmaak wrote:

I don't understand why they keep on with this stupid ad campaign.  Every time one of these commercials comes on, it makes me cringe.  Maybe one of the horses will step on him and put him out of everyone's misery.

"Step" wasn't exactly the verb I had in mind. Tongue

usmaak View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2017 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by Mona Mona wrote:

It confused me that Justin Guarini was compared to Prince in his portrayal of Lil Sweet. Personally, I don't see it. I certainly find the commercials annoying, although I keep reminding myself that I'm "not in the target audience."
Prince is the first thing that I thought of when they started this ad campaign.  I think that it's more of a looks thing, than how he acts.  I was never a Prince fan, and maybe that's part of why I find these commercials particularly annoying.
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2017 at 2:43pm
Part of the reason J 'Da Weenie' didn't win on Idol is he never really showed a distinct personality..hence this derivative take on MJ, Prince and maybe even Sylvester
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2017 at 7:20pm
Originally posted by tikibagger tikibagger wrote:

Part of the reason J 'Da Weenie' didn't win on Idol is he never really showed a distinct personality..hence this derivative take on MJ, Prince and maybe even Sylvester

None of whom I ever had much use for.  And when I think of all the musicians who died last year, Prince is always an afterthought---"And Oh, yeah---Prince died, too".

Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2017 at 1:12am
destroy... destroy... destroy... 
Cranedy Pouth View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cranedy Pouth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2017 at 8:36am
Justin just looked crazy to me, like he could portray a creepy, psychopath, serial killer . In theory, that had to be one of the reasons he lost American Idol. Kelly on the other had was pretty, had the innocent, clean cut, all American girl next door look, and had a nice singing voice. It's not hard to see why she won.
Using nuclear weapons on problem people is not the answer, you psychopath!

Also, Keith Richards is a damn cockroach outliving everybody! LOL
Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2017 at 9:20am
I always thought Little Sweet looked like something cooked up in Dr. Mephisto's lab using the combined DNA of Prince and Steven Tyler.

"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2017 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

None of whom I ever had much use for.  And when I think of all the musicians who died last year, Prince is always an afterthought---"And Oh, yeah---Prince died, too".

Some years ago when asked what it was like to be the greatest guitar player in history, Eric Clapton replied "I don't know, ask Prince."

Like his music or not, Prince was a phenomenal guitar player and deserves every bit of the respect that was paid him both before and after his death.

If there's any doubt, check out the YouTube video of him at a George Harrison tribute concert playing While My Guitar Gently Weeps with Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers.

He just blew everyone away.

Hendrix's ghost was somewhere having an orgasm.

Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2017 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by Cranedy Pouth Cranedy Pouth wrote:

Justin just looked crazy to me, like he could portray a creepy, psychopath, serial killer . In theory, that had to be one of the reasons he lost American Idol.

Right? I mean, back when he was on "Idol," he was the spitting image of Sideshow Bob from "The Simpsons." LOL

MrCleveland View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2017 at 3:37pm
Dr. Pepper brought this sh*tty commercial back again?!
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
NJtoTX View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJtoTX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2017 at 5:59pm
Originally posted by Mona Mona wrote:

So this is the American Idol Justin to Kelly guy? And there is supposed to be some connection to Prince here?? Yikes. Loved Prince, at least in the mid 80s.
Cranedy Pouth View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cranedy Pouth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2017 at 7:28pm
Triple J, my God, just look at Justin's creepy looking face in the pic you posted. *Shudders* And yes, he does look like Sideshow Bob in that side by side pics you posted! LOL!
Using nuclear weapons on problem people is not the answer, you psychopath!

Also, Keith Richards is a damn cockroach outliving everybody! LOL
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2017 at 1:40am
Originally posted by Cranedy Pouth Cranedy Pouth wrote:

Triple J, my God, just look at Justin's creepy looking face in the pic you posted. *Shudders* And yes, he does look like Sideshow Bob in that side by side pics you posted! LOL!

Yep, he was fodder for many keyboard warriors that year. Wink
jfkramit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jfkramit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2020 at 2:03am
Do these ad people not run this crap past real folks before airing? This "sweet" guy is beyond annoying. Maybe I am just old, but I don't get it and I hate it.
ilovewings1 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ilovewings1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2020 at 3:14pm
  I am glad here are others who cannot stomach that little twit with the absurdly high pitched voice-
repulsive.

I am amazed that most commercials are dumb- just plain dumb- and terribly annoying
jfkramit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfkramit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2020 at 4:05pm
Maybe their thinking is if it is annoying, you will remember the product. But I didn't recall it being "diet" when I went to complain about the commercial so there goes that theory.
Dr. Dan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Dan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2020 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by jfkramit jfkramit wrote:

Do these ad people not run this crap past real folks before airing? This "sweet" guy is beyond annoying. Maybe I am just old, but I don't get it and I hate it.

When I still was a teenager, I realized that over-50 people are in effect living history books. Days away from my 54th b-day, I see how true it is: Reagan, Back to the Future (and new DeLoreans), Lee Iacocca - and "Gimme a light...no, Bud Light" ads that were just fun in a way that seems outmoded now. Spuds McKenzie, anyone?
Originally posted by ilovewings1 ilovewings1 wrote:

I am glad here are others who cannot stomach that little twit with the absurdly high pitched voice-
repulsive.

I am amazed that most commercials are dumb- just plain dumb- and terribly annoying

I swear that they must be doing it on purpose. I recall an older CIH post in which the author posited that it's like a bratty kid who misbehaves to get attention. GEICO even has made fun of people who object to ads: remember "so good a caveman can do it."? Regional Help Wanted (job-match website, d/b/a WhatevercityyourelivinginHelpWanted.com) does this with its "Don't Be a Dave" radio spots, each ending with a disclaimer to the effect of "if your name's Dave and you're offended, F you."
LiMu Emu: the NEXT red meat!
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2020 at 7:57pm
GAWD, How long has this Lil' Sweet crap been going on? Three, four years now? Someone, PLEASE... make it STOP! Pinch
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2020 at 9:59pm
What? Hes BACK? crikey.. War Weenies half life rivals a radioactive ISOTOPE..
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2020 at 8:12pm
I think they're going for a "white Prince" thing
Children are just God's little way of punishing us for having sex
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic