Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RubyTuesday 'Get Creative' (video)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RubyTuesday 'Get Creative' (video)
    Posted: 22 Jan 2017 at 1:06am
Ouch"Daddy? Why does Mommy have 'Jungle Fever' and will YOU get over it, or do you need to go catch some from ShortyBoo?"
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2017 at 1:57am
Good grief!

Just seeing the video still of "Mama" in front of the Garden Bar forewarned the clip would not disappoint.
And it didn't.

I wish I hadn't clicked.
Thanks Paw. Ermm

Oh, why "Garden Bar" and not simply "Salad Bar".
Real gardens have snakes, and bees, and earthworms.

...and shovels, so you can whack whoever green-lighted this gem. 
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2017 at 8:51pm
The only garden bar that I truly liked was the one in Super Stop & Shop. That buffet had tasty food. Sadly shortly before 2009 they got rid of it probably due to the health risk. I believe it was there since its opening in 1991 because it had signs on the sneeze guards sporting the single set of old red and green circles on top of each other. Representing the stop and go of traffic lights. The green one had white lines going through it like late 80s early 90s shading on it. The signs were warning about not touching food with your hands.

In late 2008 to say 2009, the Super Stop & Shop was renovated. Part of the renovation was replacing the outside sign from "Super Stop & Shop" in a red 1980s Star Wars type typeface to just a purple San serif "Stop & Shop" typeface. I miss the old typeface it was unique and cool, but I guess things have to change. Sigh.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2017 at 10:50pm
ShockedDamn commercial just came on again and I just now noticed 'Dad' does the 'wiggly chicken neck' at the end!Angry TERRIBLE!
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
jnoble View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jnoble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2017 at 2:41am
Ha ha!  Dopey white people rapping! Ha ha! Isn't that funny?

Ermm
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2017 at 6:06pm
Thanks for posting! I figured this pile of absolute moronic stupid slop of a commercial would be here!
If I was supposed to make me laugh or a slight chuckle at this absurd nonsense, Ruby Tues. failed miserably!

The only thing that worked in this commercial is that the actress embarrassed herself.

A Millennial View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Millennial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2017 at 5:29am
They play this commercial ironically after they quickly and quietly closed the locations around me. There aren't any Ruby Tuesdays I can think of driving to.
I am part of the target audience....and I hate it.
GreenBean30 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenBean30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2017 at 9:17pm
This is the worst commercial that is currently on TV. Thankfully, we mostly watch Netflix or stuff that's On Demand, but when I watch live TV and this one comes on, it sends me diving for the remote. WHY do you have to take a dopey looking white family, put them in front of a salad bar, and have the mother rap about all the different things you can put in your salad??! WHYYYY??? And I HATE the stupid look the mother has on her face afterwards, just before she goes back to assembling her appetizer...ugh. I hate everyone who had anything to do with this monstrosity. 
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2017 at 7:59pm
Idiotic. Instamute. Why does rapping continue to sell in commercials - and for a fkn salad bar? There used to be Ruby Tuesday's in the Seattle area, but not anymore. Nearest location is 775 miles away in Las Vegas!
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2017 at 7:14pm
Last time I've been in a Ruby Tuesday was a few years ago in Bristol, CT. Great food pretty tasty. It baffles me why they go to the lowest common denominator just to advertise a salad bar! WTF!?
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2017 at 8:30pm
Direct Link To This Post (clicky on the blue dot!)----->>>re-watch the video at the start of this thread!!! RT took down the version we see and put up a LONG version, so I 'corrected' my outdated link for all...now, can you stand the abuse?OuchLOL
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic