Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

America's Best - Crazy Coffee Chick

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: America's Best - Crazy Coffee Chick
    Posted: 13 Jan 2017 at 7:45pm
I like Norm too.
Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2017 at 3:15pm

I like the America's Best ads for a couple of reasons.

The first being that, as I understand it, the owl is voiced by Norm MacDonald, one of my favorite comedians. So it gets big points for that with me because I like everything he does.

Second, the girls in the ad are always so cute, I just want to eat them up.

Even the girl in this ad, whose behavior I would normally find highly annoying and objectionable out of someone of lesser cuteness, doesn't bother me.

Keep em coming, AB!!!
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
crash1984 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crash1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2017 at 10:54am
I hate all America's Best Ads because the company itself is nothing but a rip-off. The fact that they are saying that you can get glasses and an eye exam there for $69.99 should tell anyone with a brain that their glasses are cheaply made. Between me and my mother we have been there three times and all three times got sorry service.

First time was back in 1996 I needed new glasses and my parents had saw the 2 pair for $39.99 deal so one evening they took me there to get my eyes examined. First thing I noticed was that the $39.99 frames were all awful looking and nothing like they shown on TV being that price. Nonetheless I needed new glasses and so I picked out two pairs. I was one of these in school that was picked on for any little thing and both pairs of those glasses received a lot of criticism from other students.

About a year later my mother needed new glasses and decided to give them a try. Nothing went wrong until it came time for the actual glasses to be delivered. Normally it takes about two weeks for a new pair of glasses to come in. For some reason though it took at least a month for her new glasses to come in. After that she said she was not going back there again.

About a year or two ago though. the glasses she had were a mess and I figured that it had been about 17 years and even if she did have to wait for a new pair, she would at least have better glasses. Well for some reason she needed more expensive lens and instead of the glasses costing $70 they would have cost well over $300. Needless to say she did not get them and wound up going to a real glasses place and getting a much better quality of glasses for a lot less.
ChrisInMI View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisInMI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2017 at 11:52pm
https://www.ispot.tv/ad/Ai6F/americas-best-designer-sale-so-cute

I've never had real hatred for these America's Best spots with the owl because, as irritating as the human actors in these commercials have often been, I've found the owl pretty amusing.  Even the owl can't save this latest spot, though.  This woman seems like the odd combination of quirky hipster archetype and elementary-school-girl-in-young-woman's body who's obsessed with glitter and dots her "i"'s with little hearts.  My nine-year-old niece acts more mature than this.  With or without a caffeine high, I don't know one person who acts like new glasses are the equivalent of winning the lottery.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic