Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The strange ascendance of Progressive Jamie

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The strange ascendance of Progressive Jamie
    Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 3:03am
Has anyone but me noticed..especially as Flo grows larger and more immense..that Jamie, the obnozious anemic nerd sidekick..seems to be more the STAR of this adverfeces than the Floster? And no, I am not posting the damn ad..you all will be seeing it time after time soon enough. The chubbs asian chick that has been on a few ads gets her stupid price 'gun' from the Flomeister as Jamie pontificates in his geekly manner about its 'importance'..then appears to Flo throw under the bus but then gives her the 'really nice' thumbs up.ugh Ugh UGH..he is so incredibly cringe worthy...BUT at least he can actual make it across a ROOM without total exhaustion..unlike Flogurt.
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
Sponsored Links

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 6:13am
Just another case of "Hey-train-the-new-person-just-before-we-fire-you-because-we-can't-afford-wide-angle-lenses-anymore"...  LOL
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 2:15pm
Or..'Jamie will do it..he'll do ANYTHING'...i wonder if Flo is experiencing job burnout? she SHOULD
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 6:06pm
 Just saw this less than an hour ago...it's the young people, moving up in the marketing world that make today's commercials such a hellish experience! Angry

"Brick and mortar, WHAT?" STFU!!

Sure! I am influenced by commercials. More and more are making me avoid their product.

GREAT WORK!! ADHOLES!!

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 1:07am
Makes me miss those Progressive ads from mid oughts that had the white cgi Ford Explorers with the blue "PROGRESSIVE" letters on them zooming about. Oh and they had a song too "This is hoooow life should beeeee" Sure it was generic but man it looks like something DaVinci painted in comparison the current crap that's airing now!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 11:00pm
yes this flo turd is a highly UNPOLISHED creature.. and switching to anemic dorkball Jamie with his near Tourettes verbal expulsions aint gonna win any new 'fans'
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 11:04pm
Jamie is a dork and needs to be thrown out the window along with Flo and that BOX! Why hasn't anyone smashed that thing yet? Fk off Progressive...like Geico, you aren't getting a phone call from me for your car insurance.
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2017 at 7:01am
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2017 at 3:51pm
Apparently, they felt Flo needed a partner/sidekick similar to the DriveTime girls, the Steak N' Shake Zen duo and of course, the Sonic dorks.

Duos tend to be funnier than solo acts. I guess because they can play one off the other.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2017 at 9:26pm
Originally posted by Triple J Triple J wrote:

Good one! Unfortunately to me the "talking about getting that money" gets easily stuck in my head I end up repeating it again and again. Luckily my head's filled with Gran Turismo 1 tunes there's no chance that I'll get the "money" song stuck in my head. How can anyone believe that the Progressive adverising is anything but a huge garbage barge is beyond me!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2017 at 3:19am
Originally posted by Triple J Triple J wrote:

can we bring HULK in to SMASH this anemic bag of feces as well? BRAVO
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2017 at 3:20am
Pig''duh...i like ..duh...HIS WAY"Censored
this ACTUALLY made me feel SYMPATHY..for ..[ugh] Flo...{urp}
Bena View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2017 at 2:19am
Oh man, I HOPE "Jamie" is not the heir-apparent to Flo's legacy. He is not good looking, engaging, or funny in any way. At least Flo seemed warm and personable, until the commercials got old. Maybe the chubby girl who is handed the price gun by Flo (symbolic?) might be new the heir. She looks like she might prove to be funny. 
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 2:52am
she has made the rounds on alot of these ads..HEY, why not take that semi-retarded 'Skittle pox' chick and elevate HER to stardom, Progressive? Clearly her and Jamie could make quite a CHARISMATIC pair..and she has a better mustache then he will EVER grow.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 3:45am
Disapprove'SkittlesPox' is (really) one of my very favorite commercials of all time.
~~~
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2017 at 9:49pm
Note Flos strategic 'painting positioning' to hide her widening GIRTH...but vaseline lens actually makes her [gulp] semi-attractive...AHHH..feelings for FLO KILL ME NOW
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2017 at 8:18pm
More from Jamie...I think he is buying Flo's lunch today.

ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2017 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

More from Jamie...I think he is buying Flo's lunch today.

Saw this one last night, NO sign of Flo. I really do think they are phasing her out....finally
Jamie is not an improvement for these ads though. He comes off like a total weak bumbling idiot!

Off topic, I've said this before and was wrong...but we haven't see Toyota "Jan" since the end of December (Toyotathon slop) -  I think....maybe....hopefully we saw the last of her.

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2017 at 6:21pm
Yet Pat the Toyota buffoon is now an INTERn--unpaid of course
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2017 at 11:15pm
Originally posted by ThatNerdInPhilly ThatNerdInPhilly wrote:

[QUOTE=aka ron]More from Jamie...I think he is buying Flo's lunch today.

Saw this one last night, NO sign of Flo. I really do think they are phasing her out....finally
Jamie is not an improvement for these ads though. He comes off like a total weak bumbling idiot!
His new boss will be the box.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2017 at 12:01am
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

Originally posted by ThatNerdInPhilly ThatNerdInPhilly wrote:

[QUOTE=aka ron]More from Jamie...I think he is buying Flo's lunch today.

His new boss will be the box.
Yes, and since he's made of cardboard, he can just sh!t out a pink slip with Jamie's time comes!
We should be so lucky.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic