Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Turbo Tax- D J Khaled (video)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Turbo Tax- D J Khaled (video)
    Posted: 01 Jan 2017 at 6:45pm
"Good God in heaven you know I love you"  Who knows the song title and artist?

Oh lord, why would you put me through this, the Silk oaf monkey is now pushing a tax service.

This is turning into a bad day. Cry

Sponsored Links

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2017 at 11:04pm
I'm ready to kick this nincompoop in the nuts!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
the raytownian View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote the raytownian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2017 at 4:23am
I'd never even heard of this guy until he was featured in a Beats ad (don't even get me started on those atrocities... there's, what, three of them featuring this guy?). I still don't even really know who he is (that is, what he's known for), yet I can't stand this clown based solely on the commercials I've seen him in. His schtick isn't "cute" or "funny", it's just obnoxious.
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2017 at 5:14am
All I Do is WINWINWIN...I wish this guy would go away for good. Just another suspect wanted in "The Case of Today's Crappy Music."
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2017 at 8:55am
He's one of those guys who has a big, long Wikipedia page with lotsa big, famous names, but ya still don't quite get what he does and why he's famous.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2017 at 7:34pm
^ You're right! I don't know who he is and I don't care. I don't want him in my living room!!Angry

tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2017 at 8:54pm
He is in competition wit Peet BOOR (PitBull) as least talented new talent ..and most filled with U KNOW WHAT
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 9:06pm
OK!  I like the direction they are taking here. I don't want to see that silk milk oaf monkey anymore! Angry

3FourthsGeek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3FourthsGeek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2017 at 5:06pm
If you've seen any of his appearances on late night talk shows promoting his book (a book!), we're lucky he's not slathering himself in cocoa butter in the ad....Although, maybe THAT would be tax deductible....
3FourthsGeek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3FourthsGeek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2017 at 5:07pm
I want that treadmill though....
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2017 at 8:23pm
I'm sorry for my obvious hatred for this guy...I can't stand him!  Angry

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2017 at 8:31pm
I'm grateful that I have no idea who he is.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
the raytownian View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the raytownian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2017 at 5:37am
I forgot that I'd seen this guy in the hideous Silk "Do Plants" commercials. That was technically the first time I'd ever seen or heard of him. And I didn't like him from minute one. I don't get how people can be so clownish and fun-loving all the time. It ain't natural. Turns me right off.

Speak of the devil: The new ad where he's running a bed & breakfast just came on as I was typing this. Thumbs Down
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2017 at 5:55am
Never heard of the clown and just don't like his name. He's got all that money and can't afford a razor? C'mon boyos - let's get a couple of you to hold him down while a couple of us help him out with a clean shave.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Hot Medusa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hot Medusa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2017 at 8:21pm
"'Good God in heaven you know I love you'  Who knows the song title and artist?

Hello. I'm new here. But the answer to your question is, "Vehicle," by the Ides of March. Love that song!!
And for the record, I can't stand that loud, obnoxious buffoon either! Outside of TV ads, I have no idea who he is and what his claim to fame is. 
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2017 at 8:36pm
Originally posted by Hot Medusa Hot Medusa wrote:

"'Good God in heaven you know I love you'  Who knows the song title and artist?

Hello. I'm new here. But the answer to your question is, "Vehicle," by the Ides of March. Love that song!!
And for the record, I can't stand that loud, obnoxious buffoon either! Outside of TV ads, I have no idea who he is and what his claim to fame is. 
Welcome, and why did I think that was Blood, Sweat and Tears?

And it's "Great God in heaven you know I love you" 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hot Medusa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2017 at 9:01pm
Thank you for the welcome, aka ron. Yes, the line is, "Great God in heaven..." But I knew what you meant. Wink

Blood, Sweat, and Tears are awesome too!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2017 at 9:10pm

'Good God in heaven you know I love you'  Who knows the song title and artist?

Funny that you'd post this.

About two weeks or so ago I was in the grocery store and this song came on.

I was trying to think of the name of who did it and all I could think of was Wilson Pickett, though I knew it wasn't him.

I made a mental note to look it up online when I got home, but like most mental notes, it got erased.

Never woulda thought about it again if you hadn't posted that.?

Weird, eh?

BTW, I was around 12 y/o when that song came out.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hot Medusa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2017 at 9:16pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

'Good God in heaven you know I love you'  Who knows the song title and artist?

Funny that you'd post this.

About two weeks or so ago I was in the grocery store and this song came on.

I was trying to think of the name of who did it and all I could think of was Wilson Pickett, though I knew it wasn't him.

I made a mental note to look it up online when I got home, but like most mental notes, it got erased.

Never woulda thought about it again if you hadn't posted that.?

Weird, eh?

BTW, I was around 12 y/o when that song came out.

Hi Jimbo. Now that's what I call 'String Theory.' That sorta thing happens to me almost daily lol. In fact, I thought that when aka ron mentioned Blood, Sweat, and Tears, I immediately thought about last night where the band I saw did two of their songs last night. Hmm. :)
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2017 at 12:47am
Ermm ... Only about 3 more months of this crap to go.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2017 at 2:14am
Originally posted by Triple J Triple J wrote:

Ermm ... Only about 3 more months of this crap to go.

Yay! Winter will be finally over!

DJ Khaled is such a

Not a good one!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2017 at 2:39pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

He's one of those guys who has a big, long Wikipedia page with lotsa big, famous names, but ya still don't quite get what he does and why he's famous.

I looked at his Wikipedia page and while I don't know why exactly he's famous, it was pretty clear what he does. It stated, rather directly, that he's a rap artist, a radio show host and DJ(which was my initial assumption based on his "name" and mannerisms), a record producer, and the owner of a record label. Then apparently he gained new popularity based on internet memes though how that happened I didn't care enough to read about.
"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2017 at 3:00pm
"rap artist"

"I'll take 'Words That Should Never Be Used Together In A Sentence' for a thousand, Alex..."

Kinda like "compassionate conservative".

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2017 at 3:04pm

Hi Jimbo. Now that's what I call 'String Theory.' That sorta thing happens to me almost daily lol. In fact, I thought that when aka ron mentioned Blood, Sweat, and Tears, I immediately thought about last night where the band I saw did two of their songs last night. Hmm. :)

Parallel universes!!!!

Those little co-inky-dink-sez happen to me occadionally, too.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2017 at 8:24pm
OK, here's some Blood, Sweat and Tears trivia.

What famous band of the 60s sampled a Blood, Sweat and Tears song?

If you need a hint, block the next line:
The BS&T song was House in the Country

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic