Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Amazon Echo 'Alexa' (link)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Amazon Echo 'Alexa' (link)
    Posted: 24 Dec 2016 at 8:42pm
I don't get this crap, sometimes I talk to myself. I try to do it when no one else is around.

Sponsored Links

crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2016 at 1:02am
Alexa is just like Siri...an annoying computer voice who you try to mute every time. "ALEXA! What's the weather?" "ALEXA! Where's the nearest pizzeria?" "ALEXA!" Shut up!
You can't just get up and turn off the lights yourself...you ask a computer to do it for you. Glad I don't own this item.
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2016 at 3:03am
Star trek pictured this ages before. Except instead of "Alexa" it was "computer". It gets a bit tiring after awhile hearing "Alexa this" and "Alexa that" shut up and do it yourself you lazy idiots! I'm about to throw a wrench at my TV set. Everytime this crock of $*** hits the screen!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
jnoble View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jnoble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2016 at 5:30am
I don't WANT to have the ability to just shout out every question that comes to mind to be answered on the spot. It'll just make me lazy. 
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2016 at 6:32pm
Originally posted by jnoble jnoble wrote:

I don't WANT to have the ability to just shout out every question that comes to mind to be answered on the spot. It'll just make me lazy. 

You ever have one of those kids who has to ask "Why" thirty times in a row?
As far as I can tell, Alexa is the perfect solution.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2016 at 7:29pm

^There is a commercial with a Grandpa and a Granddaughter talking about corn energy...I can't remember the product name but the little girl throws a lot of 'whys' out there.

In the news...An Amazon Echo may be the key to solving a murder case

Internet-connected devices may start helping in criminal cases. As first reported in The Information, police in Bentonville, Arkansas have issued a warrant to Amazon, asking the company to hand over data from an Echo device to help prosecute a suspected murderer.

Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2016 at 8:34pm
^ I don't own an Alexa, but I have to wonder how useful information gleaned from it would be in a murder investigation when it will (allegedly) gladly answer such questions as:

"Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?"

Tongue

usmaak View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2016 at 8:51pm
Echo stores searches, and that is it. If the defendant did a search on how to get rid of a dead body, then that might be incriminating. The Echo is always listening for the trigger word (Alexa, Amazon, or Echo). It is not listening in on or recording conversations.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2016 at 1:46am
Originally posted by Anduril Anduril wrote:

^ I don't own an Alexa, but I have to wonder how useful information gleaned from it would be in a murder investigation when it will (allegedly) gladly answer such questions as:

Tongue

ROFL brilliant!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2016 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

I don't get this crap, sometimes I talk to myself. I try to do it when no one else is around.

The habit of relying on computers to do our thinking is getting out of control. I know some people who can't drive out of a parking lot without using a bloody gps (which I do know have equipped in any of my vehicles). 
Think for yourselves people! That's why we have brains!!
I hate these Echo/Alexa ads......whatever they're called!

One man gathers what another man spills
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2016 at 7:57pm
^^^No insult intended Jimmy, but you sound just like Trump, right there (he just went on a 'computer bender' again).Wink
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
!Tommy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote !Tommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2017 at 3:46am
If people have to go without some sort of internet in their life for even a day, they'd look like they've fasted for about 2 weeks and are literally eating the skin off their own body just to survive. And the moron that asks Alexa to order tape, get off your ass and go to the store and buy it! You'd rather be without for several days waiting for it to come in the mail instead of getting off your lazy butt and buying it at the store and having it within half an hour. These commercials are truly a prime example of how stupid the world is now...and tell me how you can set your HVAC system to 30 degrees....stupid bimbos.
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2017 at 7:09pm
Originally posted by Anduril Anduril wrote:

Tongue

Are you seriously looking for an in depth explanation Of who Sponge Bob Square Pants is from Donathan? 
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2017 at 7:11pm
Originally posted by Jimmy Jimmy wrote:

Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

The habit of relying on computers to do our thinking is getting out of control. I know some people who can't drive out of a parking lot without using a bloody gps (which I do know have equipped in any of my vehicles). 
Think for yourselves people! That's why we have brains!!
I hate these Echo/Alexa ads......whatever they're called!

I will use a paper map. I have used Google Maps 5 times. It directed me to a dead end 3 times.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2017 at 7:19pm
I do not use GPS, computer maps (other than occasionally MAPQUEST), and I'm sure NEVER going to verbally ask a computer anything - my name isn't 'Mr. Scott'
I love and collect paper maps and wall maps of all kinds...and I've tried to teach others how to read and effectively use them. 
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2017 at 8:11pm
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

Are you seriously looking for an in depth explanation Of who Sponge Bob Square Pants is from Donathan? 

Well...., if anyone would know - he would!  Tongue

(I didn't realize that was Donathan.)

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2017 at 8:39pm
 Alexa got no knees...nope, nope, nope - no use for it.
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 12:40am
Alexa, can you tell those people to SHUT UP?! Angry
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic