Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Chevy Red Tag Event - More "Real People"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2017 at 11:56pm
Chevy found these "real" people from Farmers.com where no one has seen a new car in this century.
Gave them some decent clothes to wear and gave them a comb to put through their hair.
You won't get a "oooh" or "wow" from me unless that truck was mine after the commercial was done.
Sponsored Links

tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2017 at 12:18am
Originally posted by Triple J Triple J wrote:

That one Asian chick is like "I am very very impressed." ... "Oh wooooowwwwww" ... "I am speechless." ... Pinch

And NOW look who's getting into the act... Batman! ... Well, actually it's just his stupid Lego version.

Chevrolet, you know what? Piss off. OK? Just... piss off. You have all these awards, goody goody gumdrops for you. Your commercials and your dorkface spokesperson suck. Just... piss off. Thumbs Down

i hung with 'leggo batman' for about 30 seconds before throwing in the towel..even with that franchises ability to be great, even lego 'real people' with sill bats sucked bigtime
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2017 at 3:52am
also how many different iterations of this garbage ARE there? I have seen a number of them..they are 'different' only in the variance of craptastic situations & reactions but essentially? One note, folks.
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
hg3300 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hg3300 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 2:38am
How about the commercial where they're trying to read through all the awards the guy is running through a screen too quickly and one of them responds with "now I gotta buy a new car"

Really? How about you buy a new car when you need it, not when you find out Chevy won a lot of awards.
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 4:17am
This has to be one of the most hated commercials ever, at least for me it might be. The one that is CONSTANTLY airing still is the real people yelling "Wow, wow, wow, wow..."  

It's beyond moronic at this point. The "oh my god" reaction from these idiots when they see a rear gate opening on a pick up truck is baffling.

I can never grab the remote fast enough to mute these a-holes!

crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 8:53pm
Fkn Chevy and Potschbag! This advertising campaign is dead on arrival. I mute 'em all! AngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngry
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2017 at 12:13am
Wowwwww. Wowwww. Wowww. Wowwww. This is impressive. There's so many. So many stupid ass commercials. Wowwwwww. This is extremely impressive. Wowwww. I am very very very impressed. Wowwww. I'm speechless. ... Wow. Ermm
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2017 at 2:18am
It is truly stunning that Chevy hasn't pulled these ads yet !!  Angry
Even they must realize the pounding their brand-image is taking.
"Real People" my ass.  NOBODY believes that!

Why they just come right out and say:  "Hey, we're going to lie and f^ck you over!".
And we don't give a damn because you taxpayers will bail us out again if we get in trouble.
Now, act stupid like a real person.  Sign here.

Note to self: NEVER BUY CHEVY.

DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2017 at 4:09am
Originally posted by Anduril Anduril wrote:

It is truly stunning that Chevy hasn't pulled these ads yet !!  Angry
Even they must realize the pounding their brand-image is taking.
"Real People" my ass.  NOBODY believes that!

Why they just come right out and say:  "Hey, we're going to lie and f^ck you over!".
And we don't give a damn because you taxpayers will bail us out again if we get in trouble.
Now, act stupid like a real person.  Sign here.

Note to self: NEVER BUY CHEVY.

Not with The Trumpster at the helm, I would think.  Big smile

But yeah, the "real people" thing is ridiculous.  As opposed to, fake people?  CGI people?  Actors are not real people, they're a species of animal that resembles humanoids?  
insertclevernamehere View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insertclevernamehere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2017 at 6:33pm
You have no idea how therapeutic this thread is. Thank god this forum exists lol
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2017 at 7:45pm
Originally posted by insertclevernamehere insertclevernamehere wrote:

You have no idea how therapeutic this thread is. Thank god this forum exists lol
This is a great site and therapeutic is an excellent description.
There is a bunch of great, real people here also that only add to the fun. Welcome!
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2017 at 12:54am
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Originally posted by insertclevernamehere insertclevernamehere wrote:

This is a great site and therapeutic is an excellent description.
There is a bunch of great, real people here also that only add to the fun. Welcome!
However, if you stick around for awhile, you'll soon learn that some* of the posters (present company excepted) need therapy.  LOL

* Some meaning different day, different alias, not necessarily different actual real people.  Cry
Tully Blanchard View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tully Blanchard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2017 at 6:24pm
https://www.yahoo.com/news/one-apos-real-people-apos-205011738.html

An interesting read that goes behind the scenes of these commercials from the perspective of one of those "Real People"
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2017 at 6:59pm
I saw that article earlier. There is a parody video in the link that someone posted here a few months ago. LOL

"No matter how long these inane commercials continue (and like cockroaches, they will probably outlive us all), the world may never know who or what J.D. Power is or represents."
ILUVTOMH77 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ILUVTOMH77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 8:47pm
I literally want to kick the TV when those Chevy commercials come on.AngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngry  I walk out of the room I get so annoyed.  How can a bunch of morons get so excited about car awards or sitting in a car????????? Wacko Oh, lets not forget about the bimbo that thinks the Chevy Cruze is "sexxxxxxxy" and that dope that wants to take the truck home with him tonight.  He was practically dry humping the front grill.Dead  PLEASE Chevy!  Make it stop already! 
ILUVTOMH77 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ILUVTOMH77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 8:50pm
"You have no idea how therapeutic this thread is. Thank god this forum exists lol"

Amen to that!ClapThumbs Up
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 9:05pm
Originally posted by ILUVTOMH77 ILUVTOMH77 wrote:

I literally want to kick the TV when those Chevy commercials come on.AngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngry  I walk out of the room I get so annoyed.  How can a bunch of morons get so excited about car awards or sitting in a car????????? Wacko Oh, lets not forget about the bimbo that thinks the Chevy Cruze is "sexxxxxxxy" and that dope that wants to take the truck home with him tonight.  He was practically dry humping the front grill.Dead  PLEASE Chevy!  Make it stop already! 
I saw a new one yesterday. I think it was for the Cruz. Another woman amazed by Wifi in a car which they have used at least twice already. Their target audience must have the IQ of an amoeba.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
usmaak View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2017 at 8:59pm
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

Originally posted by ILUVTOMH77 ILUVTOMH77 wrote:

I saw a new one yesterday. I think it was for the Cruz. Another woman amazed by Wifi in a car which they have used at least twice already. Their target audience must have the IQ of an amoeba.
And not even a smart amoeba.  One of the really really dumb ones.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic