Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Chevy Red Tag Event - More "Real People"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2016 at 7:38pm
He does look just a bit different from how he looks on the real assbag ads.
Sponsored Links

tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2016 at 11:32pm
on page one of this rant..note his GIRLY stance in his oh-so-soft sweater and slack ensemble...
HATE hATE Hate him SO..that pomade crusted hair wave and and that millenial beard..UGH
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2016 at 11:34pm
Originally posted by crainbebo crainbebo wrote:

Chevy continuing to waste millions on these idiotic commercials? Yeah, sounds right to me. Who greenlighted these ads in the first place? An advertising committee that consisted of high school freshmen?

I can't wait until a new group of real d-bags show up for the President's Day event (eyeroll / sarcasm)

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2016 at 11:35pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Originally posted by ThatNerdInPhilly ThatNerdInPhilly wrote:

Never knew - or cared - that is his real name.  I saw this Criminal Minds episode I think last season, I THOUGHT that was the Chevy a**hat but the whiny voice didn't really match. I guess it was him.

OMG!  Potsch (Rob Benedict Stillisadick) Boyd had a role on Criminal Minds? How did I miss that?  I would recognize this douchebag anywhere!

that fat blonde gasbag typical 'ensemble' detective nerd chick looks like she could snap him like a DRY TWIG
usmaak View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2016 at 1:15am
She's the tech nerd.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2017 at 6:15pm
Here's another fresh turd to add to the stench in this thread...I hate that Potschbag!! Angry

crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2017 at 8:02pm
I saw Potsch several times during the NFL wild card game last night (Seattle vs. Detroit). Those braindead millennial "actors" make me want to puke! Find some other advertising campaign to use, Chevy. This one is past the expiration date.
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2017 at 8:52pm
The ad buys on this run them about 6 times in an hour..is ANYONE expected to like that much Potsch?
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2017 at 7:07pm
Don't try to influence me with all of this 'real dogs' bullsh*t!

Leah, messed up the interior of my 06 Honda Civic Hybrid big time.
We used it as a trade for the wife's Edge.

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 1:53pm
I must have seen this new one at least 15-20 times last night during the College Football Championship game. Just stop it Chevy!

"What does quality mean to you?"
Oh shut the f*ck up! These JD Power awards mean absolutely NOTHING to me! These "real people" are becoming increasingly brain dead, it's not even comical anymore, it's just annoying and downright pathetic!

TV_Casualty View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV_Casualty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 6:04pm
If my name was Potsch Boyd, I would be going to the courthouse ASAP to change it. What a dumb name.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 6:28pm
Originally posted by TV_Casualty TV_Casualty wrote:

If my name was Potsch Boyd, I would be going to the courthouse ASAP to change it. What a dumb name.
LOL
He did change his name and here is proof, he probably reads the forum and when I called him out (Rob 'stillisadick' Benedict) he had to go undercover. LOL  I can only hope.

TV_Casualty View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV_Casualty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 6:45am

Originally posted by TV_Casualty TV_Casualty wrote:

LOL
He did change his name and here is proof, he probably reads the forum and when I called him out (Rob 'stillisadick' Benedict) he had to go undercover. LOL  I can only hope.

lol funny
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 11:07pm
More real people. Lovely. Do millennials eat this stuff up? If not, Chevy is wasting money on idiot Potsch and the even more idiotic focus group "actors". I can't believe they are still using this ad campaign.
I'm just waiting for a talking "vehicle" and a co-host. Flo, Jamie and Box vs. Potsch, (Sidekick's Name) and Automobile? They'll do anything to get people to buy a damn car.
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
DemonicMelodies View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DemonicMelodies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2017 at 2:42am
I just saw the latest focus group ad with the 5 different special edition silverado trucks for the first time. Why won't this campaign go away?!?!?! Make it stop!!!!
People are dumb.
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2017 at 3:29am
I finally found it.
Last week I could only find a YouTube video of the nearly identical commercial where the brunette in the drivers seat "acts" excited. I have not seen this on TV. In this version which is played to death on TV she seems (to me) confused. I find it odd this version is the one aired. 
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2017 at 7:58pm

More real people. Lovely. Do millennials eat this stuff up? If not, Chevy is wasting money on idiot Potsch and the even more idiotic focus group "actors". I can't believe they are still using this ad campaign.
I'm just waiting for a talking "vehicle" and a co-host. Flo, Jamie and Box vs. Potsch, (Sidekick's Name) and Automobile? They'll do anything to get people to buy a damn car.

I'm a millenial and I think this campaign is total BS! There's no way those are "real people"!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
usmaak View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2017 at 8:31pm
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

I'm a millenial and I think this campaign is total BS! There's no way those are "real people"!
If they are real people, I certainly don't want to know them and would probably cross the street to avoid them.
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2017 at 9:46pm
If you think about it, this whole "real people - not actors" thing is really just an admission that they've been lying to us all this time.

The point being: They've lied to us for so long, they are now forced to use surrogates.
Of course, the surrogates are also lying.

I guess Chevy thinks we are too stupid to figure that out? 
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2017 at 12:33am
There is yet a new one where all the real morons just keep saying "Wow, wow, WOOOOOW!!"  Looking way too excited sitting in a damn car. Angry

"The new Chevy deals are leaving everyone speechless." - [cue the idiots yelling "wow!"]
I'm starting think think the adtards at Chevy are now just f-ing with us! This one is beyond stupid.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2017 at 8:41pm
^They should use Beck's new song..."WOW! I say right now!"

Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2017 at 1:39am

That one Asian chick is like "I am very very impressed." ... "Oh wooooowwwwww" ... "I am speechless." ... Pinch

And NOW look who's getting into the act... Batman! ... Well, actually it's just his stupid Lego version.

Chevrolet, you know what? Piss off. OK? Just... piss off. You have all these awards, goody goody gumdrops for you. Your commercials and your dorkface spokesperson suck. Just... piss off. Thumbs Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2017 at 6:18pm

^They should use Beck's new song..."WOW! I say right now!"

The animation in this spoof is 1000 times better than the Granny with Bad Knees ad. LOL

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2017 at 6:24pm
Originally posted by Triple J Triple J wrote:

And NOW look who's getting into the act... Batman! ... Well, actually it's just his stupid Lego version.

Chevrolet, you know what? Piss off. OK? Just... piss off. You have all these awards, goody goody gumdrops for you. Your commercials and your dorkface spokesperson suck. Just... piss off. Thumbs Down

Wow, are you serious? 

WRONG!
These are not real Lego's it's CGI! More lies from Chevy!

Tully Blanchard View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tully Blanchard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2017 at 9:48pm
I hate how worked up these so called "real" people get when he tells them about all the JD Power awards Chevy has won.  They lose their freakin' minds!

If this bearded hipster were to tell me about Chevy's accolades, I would say "Ok, good for them.  Now what do you want from me?"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic