Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rembrant 2 Hour Teeth Whitening Stupid Smiles

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rembrant 2 Hour Teeth Whitening Stupid Smiles
    Posted: 30 Sep 2008 at 3:01am
Let me start by saying that I don't have snowy white perfect teeth. I had braces on for 5, count em 5 years. Even the most diligent brusher will have trouble keeping teeth white with metal all over them for that long. With that said, I tend to pay attention to teeth whitening products, though I doubt they could do a thing for my teeth. They aren't yellow, but they aren't white either. The latest Rembrant ad just pissed me off.

The product is a typical white tray, and the ad goes like this:

Woman 1 :"This is my flirty smile" (cue stupid "flirty" toothy grin)
Woman 2: "This is my cute smile" (you get the idea, another lame toothy grin)

"Zomg now you can get white teeth in 2 hours not 2 weeks! Here's some before and afters!"

The lame CHECK OUT MY UNREAL WHITE TEETH smiles were bad enough, but the before and afters just pushed me over the edge. The "Befores" had WHITE teeth, they just weren't electric white. They were nice white smiles none the less. I would be glad with those teeth. It's like all they did was take the pictures in photoshop and turn up the brightness. I feel upset that its not enough to have white teeth, you apparently have to have ELECTRIC, SNOWY white teeth. What does that say about people like me, with a mouth full of straight, but less then desireable colored teeth? I obviously wouldn't use the product now, since it looks like it only whitens already white teeth. F-that.
Sponsored Links

B.the1st View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B.the1st Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2008 at 5:16pm
Hey, look at it this way--it's no worse than those "Invisalign" commercials that show people with flawlessly straight, white teeth considering Invisalign. Ermm
kuribo View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kuribo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2008 at 6:27pm
I can't see these commercials without remembering the Friends episode where Ross' teeth were freakishly white and glowed in the blacklight.

"What was wrong with your normal, human teeth?"

Or when he smiles for Phoebe and she screams, "Aaaaah! DEMON! DEMON!"
jerseygirl View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerseygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2010 at 10:04pm
I have to resurrect this topic, because this commercial has been plaguing me for months, and I finally have a place to gripe about it.  The part of the commercial that I have the issue with is as follows.

This is my sweet smile
...  Embarrassed (one lady smiles like a dipsh!t)
This is my excited smile...  Clown (another lady lurches forward, nearly cackling)

And I swear that there is a soft, yet maddening SIREN noise in the background, which makes me clench my fists even harder.  I looked all over for a video, but all I could find was a partial video on a blog.

http://cm.posterous.com/lacist-rembrandt-commercial-blaque-lady-gets

msmur View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2010 at 5:05am
Hate this commercial! It is so dumb!

This is my annoyed smile.
This is my murderous smile.
WhatThe? View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WhatThe? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2010 at 5:29pm
And I really hate what these commercials say about women. And I am not some hard-core man-hating feminist (I DESPISE the Dumb Daddy genre. )

What? Are you saying you have an arsenal of fake, manipulative smiles that you whip out when needed?

Why are there no men in the commercial saying: "This is my...I want to do it smile" ?

Pfffttt.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2010 at 3:28am
Originally posted by WhatThe? WhatThe? wrote:

And I really hate what these commercials say about women. And I am not some hard-core man-hating feminist (I DESPISE the Dumb Daddy genre. )

What? Are you saying you have an arsenal of fake, manipulative smiles that you whip out when needed?

Why are there no men in the commercial saying: "This is my...I want to do it smile" ?

Pfffttt.

Welcome to the forum What The? and I agree with your post plus your avatar is hilarious.

I hope to hear more postings from you.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
rosynyc View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosynyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2010 at 2:03pm
The way these women are saying "This is my xyz smile" reminds me of toddlers in a nursery school.  "These are my hands"  "These are my teeth"  "This is how I smile when I'm happy because my teeth are 2 shades whiter than they were before" ... the commercial makes me laugh/cringe at the same time.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2010 at 5:38pm
The worst part of the commercial is the end - "WOOSA!"
What is that?Confused
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2010 at 5:47pm
I've been seeing this commercial lately and started practicing my cute smile and my flirty smile on some friends and neighbors the past few days.  They were mortified.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2010 at 5:57pm
By the way, this is my cute smile:

Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2010 at 10:32pm
(Deleted)
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
Rantalicious View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rantalicious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2010 at 5:44am
For those who aren't annoyed enough just talking about it! LOL

I can't decide which part is more irritating, the creepy fake "flirty" "sweet" "excited" smiles, or the befores and afters that are THE EXACT SAME PICTURE, just edited so the teeth are whiter (this was mentioned already, but it pisses me off because it happens in lots of commercials).

DIE, REMBRANDT! NOW!! (Their toothpaste does work pretty well, but I use a different one that's just as good and costs half as much.)

Every time a bad ad hits the airwaves...the terrorists win!

Gneri51 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gneri51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2019 at 10:31am
Glad to read these discussions. I was also longing for perfect teeth whitening. Visited dentist Manhattan Beach after seeing amazing reviews and ratings online. Their prices are genuine too and attitude towards the patients is kind though. My friend also is thinking to take advice for her frequent gum bleeding problem. Will accompany her if she wants.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic