Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Panera Bread- Medical Students (video)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Panera Bread- Medical Students (video)
    Posted: 13 Sep 2016 at 6:35pm
If you are smart enough to go to medical school, you wash your hands a lot and eat clean food. Confused

The voice person here sounds like she is 16 years old!  Angry

YouTube is giving me some problems.

Panera should buy all the waterslides in the country, because this girl just won't go away! Angry

They could promise "clean" waterslides!

Sponsored Links

LiberryGirl View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiberryGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2016 at 7:36pm
I hate all their commercials. This one is just as stupid as the others.
Dynode View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dynode Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2016 at 5:58pm
I've been in Panera stores a couple of times and was impressed - good bread, decent food, fairly classy for a chain restaurant.  Never saw a Panera commercial until recently.  It featured a girl remarkably like the Liberty Insurance Brad Girl, loudly slurping a noodle into her mouth.  I've seen a couple of others since then, and obviously their new theme is bad table manners.  By no means unusual these days; in fact, an apparent requirement for certain chain restaurants.  Panera is now solidly among those as places I will no longer enter.
ItsAllTME View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ItsAllTME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2016 at 9:26pm
Panera, get a different voice for these commercials! They might not be quite as annoying anymore.... "or something".
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2017 at 7:02pm
It's a new year and Panera serves only 100% clean food. Why aren't you there right now?

It's the same 16 year old voice, but it's like she has matured.

I think...this girl is a woman now! Tongue

Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2017 at 7:10pm
Yeah, let's compare making a sandwich to higher education.

Because, you know..

They're basically the same thing.

That's why people want 15 bucks an hour to work fast food. The same person that just fished your fries out of the oil with a wire basket will also do your triple bypass in the parking lot.

Or harvest your organs.

Fresh, clean, liver sammich, anyone?
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2017 at 7:25pm
^LOL

I'm shown as an organ donor on my license...the liver is already gone! It's too late.
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2017 at 3:15am
yeah that scolding child bitch has to go back to the orphanage Commune...Mountain Girl, go home!!
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
A Millennial View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Millennial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2017 at 5:34am
I work at Panera, and they make the environment a place to study with food, no matter what school you go to -- college or high school. 
I am part of the target audience....and I hate it.
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2017 at 9:58pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

It's a new year and Panera serves only 100% clean food. Why aren't you there right now?

It's the same 16 year old voice, but it's like she has matured.

I think...this girl is a woman now! Tongue

LOL I just saw the new ad, I was wondering the same thing..I thought it was a new spokesgirl, but the way she speaks, the words, her tone sound like the old ads. So yeah, I think she grew up a tad.

The ads still suck.

Hot Medusa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hot Medusa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2017 at 5:36am
I absolutely despise the spokesperson's voice in all of the Panera Bread ads;  with a passion!! GRRRR
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2017 at 3:00am
Is it enough to make me stop patronizing these granolas? Fraid not..I can instantly forget this nattering child in the interest of NOM NOMS
the raytownian View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the raytownian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2017 at 10:57pm
How long has Panera been a sit-down restaurant, assuming they weren't from the beginning? I haven't had their bread in years, but always thought they were exclusively a bakery until just a few years ago. I never eat there, since I can't help but associate them with just making bread. And I don't think "Ooh, bread!" when I wanna go out to eat, nor can I really justify paying for specialty breads most of the time. I'd rather go to a local bakery for that if I'm taking the time to go somewhere besides the supermarket to buy bread anyway. Point is, their nom noms hold no sway over me. Panera just sort of "exists" to me.

Anyway, the twee, childlike, knit sweaters-and-ukuleles spokes girl voice they chose to use in the commercial is really grating. It's just so "cute" in that unbearably lame, whitebread "pretentious indie music fan"/"I wear scarves and tweed jackets in August" sort of way*. I'm surprised to find other people feel the same way about it, though. I assumed for a long time that my annoyance with the voice in these commercials was something that probably only bothered me.

*If you don't already know the sort of dweebs I'm referring to, get your barf bags prepped and google image search "The Decemberists".
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2017 at 11:12pm

Yeah, I always thought "Panera Bread" was just some sorta bread bakery.

Loved the rest of your post.  The Decemberists.  LOL  I can just look at them and see I've no need to even give them a chance.

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2017 at 1:06am
I also thought it was a bread bakery till I ate there a couple years ago. Pretty good food, no complaints from me!

I don't like the whiney voice but I'm not gonna let that ruin my life.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2017 at 1:30am
Try their asiago cheese bagels.

Delish.
Mona View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mona Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2017 at 12:49am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Try their asiago cheese bagels.

Delish.

One of the best things they have going for them. Quality overall has gone downhill imo over the past few years. 90% of the sandwiches are now chicken or turkey rather than a variety of choices. Boring salads. Smaller potions. Their baked goods are still very good, and those bagels ^ are great!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2017 at 2:45pm
it is seriously one of the last places i consider for lunch..yet the LADIES always gravitate towards in their attempt to eat 'healthy'..is that why we have nagging Marsha Brady as voice talent? Could be
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic