Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nationwide- Brad Paisley (video)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nationwide- Brad Paisley (video)
    Posted: 28 Aug 2016 at 7:06pm
I'm not a country music fan, I've been looking for new insurance. Even signed on with Flo...that will be cancelled.

I have a new agent that sounds very sexy from Allstate...and of course her numbers look very good too.

Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2016 at 7:22pm
I'm not much of a country music fan either, but I do like watching Brad Paisley play the guitar (one of his paisley Fender Telecasters, not so much the acoustic in the commercial).

Paisley is really a pretty good guitarist as guitarists go....

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2016 at 7:26pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

I have a new agent that sounds very sexy from Allstate...and of course her numbers look very good too.

So did you decide to keep the collision and comprehensive coverage on the vehicles?

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2016 at 8:00pm
No!  I don't think we need all of that coverage. The lady from Allstate gave me some very good looking numbers.
NomoFlo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NomoFlo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2016 at 5:19am
I hate the stupid song in this commercial. Also had the phrase "man cave". Bad on all counts.
jon1 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jon1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2016 at 4:51am
It seems that Nationwide is coming out with a series of these little made-up songs that culminate in their iconic "Nationwide is on your side" jingle. These songs are way too cutesy and faux-sentimental and a huge waste of time. They would have been better off to just stick to the iconic last line. 
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2016 at 12:11pm
^^^Well-said and I couldn't agree more! The soft-song silliness isn't hear-warming in any way. I'd be happy if they would point out why they are the best choice for insurance,
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2016 at 3:17am
yeah between hi and Fight Song Barbie..he wins but by winning he has less obnoxious and slightly less cutesy wootsy CRAP than a far less seasoned singer
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
the raytownian View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the raytownian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2016 at 1:14pm
This one wouldn't be so terrible if it weren't so corny.

I'm not a country music person. I hardly know any country music, but I'm not the sort to claim all country music is bad as a rule. I've enjoyed some of the small amount of old stuff I've sampled, even. I really don't like contemporary Nashville "pop-country" in the slightest, though. But I can even tolerate that as long as the lyrics aren't totally sappy or inane.

Honestly, I think terrible lyrics are a major issue with most modern country/pop-country that I've heard in passing. It all seems so corny and dumb when it tries to be "fun and funny". I guess it's just not crude enough for my tastes, because I always enjoyed stuff like Charlie Daniels as a kid. But these bright, loud, obnoxious songs about red Solo cups (and man caves) are just lame. I also dislike the exaggerated twang that so many singers employ. It's as if they're really forcing it in an effort to sound "more country". But instead of sounding more country, it just sounds grating and over-the-top.

I dunno anything about Brad Paisley as a guitar player, though I'm sure he's plenty talented. This ad still makes me cringe every time I see/hear it, though.
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2016 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by the raytownian the raytownian wrote:

This one wouldn't be so terrible if it weren't so corny.

I'm not a country music person. ...
Honestly, I think terrible lyrics are a major issue with most modern country/pop-country that I've heard in passing. It all seems so corny and dumb when it tries to be "fun and funny". I guess it's just not crude enough for my tastes, ...

What rhymes with "truck"?  Tongue
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2016 at 12:07pm
I don't like this series.

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2017 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

I don't like this series.

just HOW gay is this Hamilton-begat odom dude? He strikes me as
A.smug
B. laughing it up at this DUMB ins. co. throwing him some $ for these
C. lightly jazzy, fairly ICKY scat (or shat) songs he so CARELESSLY throws off
D.as a total A-hole
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2017 at 4:15pm

Blame the company, not the messenger. 

He got paid and possibly laid (which I care not to know about) just to insult our intelligence.

Nationwide clearly forgot to be on our side,
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2017 at 4:31pm
Nationwide is on bullsh*t side!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2017 at 5:37pm
The insurance companies don't give a flying f*ck about anything but charging the highest rates and paying out the smallest amount in claims possible.

Like this piece of sh!t from American Family.  What a bunch of feel good fiction! I hate them!!

Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2017 at 5:43pm
^More of that stupid vocal gymnastics! I hate that !
DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2017 at 8:21pm
I don't honestly know much Brad Paisley material(modern radio country is not for me), but he did a nice version of You'll Never Leave Harlan Alive, at least.
"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2017 at 8:44pm
He's a great guitar player. I enjoy watching him, but for that he plays that "young country" crap.

It's almost country rock.

I'd like him more if it was more rock and less country.

And if he'd lose the cowboy hat.

C'mon, man!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2017 at 2:55am
Lets see Rachel P...poor mans Kelly Clarkson/Britney for pop/females

B Paisley... covering the white male music contingency AKA country music--the 'peoples' music

Odumb...jazzy homer and 'clever'

good job nationwide..all you missed was the hispanic community
DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 1:14am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

He's a great guitar player. I enjoy watching him, but for that he plays that "young country" crap.

It's almost country rock.

I'd like him more if it was more rock and less country.

And if he'd lose the cowboy hat.

Most of the "young country" stuff isn't even country rock, it's country pop. They take basic pop material, ditch the auto tune, and replace it with a twang, a drawl, and throw in some subdued fiddle because they're from the country, ya'll. This pretty much nails everything about modern country:

"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 8:02am
Originally posted by DKS DKS wrote:

Most of the "young country" stuff isn't even country rock, it's country pop. They take basic pop material, ditch the auto tune, and replace it with a twang, a drawl, and throw in some subdued fiddle because they're from the country, ya'll. This pretty much nails everything about modern country:

Spot on! If a comedian can do a good performance in a parody you know it's not original! I especially liked the part when he exclaimed they jizzed on their overalls when they heard the word "truck". So true about modern country music. Sad
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 2:31pm
I grew up with classic country. Patsy Cline, George Jones, Hank Williams Sr. etc. Pop country emerged in the early 1970s. I'm more of a blues and rock fan which has also been mostly replaced by pop trash. Sad.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 10:07pm
The Am Fam commercial was just on again...the neighbors might think I'm losing it.

When Ms. Hudson does her, overpowering (TOO LOUD) "A lovely day", I sing too!
I sound more like Tarzan mocking this lady and the freaking commercial. Angry
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2017 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

Originally posted by DKS DKS wrote:

Spot on! If a comedian can do a good performance in a parody you know it's not original! I especially liked the part when he exclaimed they jizzed on their overalls when they heard the word "truck". So true about modern country music. Sad

Some of this sh*te...Rascally Farts, Keef Burpin, those obvious teens and the more ambitious ones..are EXACTLY pop and then a dumb fiddle, steel gitar or slightly twangy reglar geetar solo comes in..and THATS 'xxxxry', BOAH!! Cynically targeted as 'honest' music-HA!!
I think they figger since its the biggest selling genre currently--them festers can only work a cd player in their truks as that kompewter is too durn HIGH FALUTIN to steal music with
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 8:52pm
Call this an unofficial poll, if you will. Such BullSh*t.

Many of you own homes, and/or automobiles. Health Insurance, auto insurance policies. Life insurance.
 Even renters insurance. Confused

Has anyone ever had your agent visit your home?  Sure, they send an inspector, but they don't need to come inside.
 I think the agents have a sybian mounted on their desk chair.

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/AUFz/nationwide-insurance-a-new-song-for-all-your-sides-brad-paisley
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic