Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Hooray!  No more crappy WaMu and AIG ads, guys!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hooray! No more crappy WaMu and AIG ads, guys!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N-Dizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2009 at 7:50pm
Originally posted by rwayne72160 rwayne72160 wrote:

Sure, they show about a dozen stupid, crooked white bankers and then they show the smart, honest WAMU banker who happens to be black.  Can you imagine the uproar if they turned it around and showed a smart, honest white WAMU banker and a dozen or so stupid, crooked black bankers?  Sharpton and Jackson would be telling the world not to ever bank with WAMU and having fake heart attacks like Fred Sanford....lol.  Besides, WAMU is a stupid name for a bank anyway.  It sounds like something an old lady buys when they go on vacation to Hawaii.   

I was going to say something mean, but I feel bad for you.   Is it lonely up there on that pedestal?    If you're getting racism out of that, I don't know what to say.

I think it is a very accurate depiction of real life.    Bear Stearns, WaMu, National City Bank, Bernard Madoff.    What did you see when these stories were on the news?   Answer: a bunch of crooked rich f**ks who are WHITE.    To be acurate, the black guy in this ad should be getting screwed by the white bankers.    That's what they do.  
Sponsored Links

HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Illustrious Video Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2009 at 7:54pm
Meh - I think white bankers would screw anybody, regardless of their race.
Let's try not to be boring, mkay?
rwayne72160 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rwayne72160 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2009 at 8:52pm
I agree with y'all about white bankers being crooks, but don't give me that crap about the black WAMU banker being honest.  It only makes you look like a fool.  Never trust bankers, politicians or lawyers....regardless of race.  Here in Louisiana we have an abundance of crooked politicians and lawyers of both races.  
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2009 at 9:01pm

Sure, they show about a dozen stupid, crooked white bankers and then they show the smart, honest WAMU banker who happens to be black.  Can you imagine the uproar if they turned it around and showed a smart, honest white WAMU banker and a dozen or so stupid, crooked black bankers?  Sharpton and Jackson would be telling the world not to ever bank with WAMU and having fake heart attacks like Fred Sanford....lol.  

That's the way it is in TV land.  However, I did recently see a commercial in which there was a foolish black guy amongst the usual foolish white guys---and another white guy as "the smart one".  I forget what the product was, but I was surprised to see it.

Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rwayne72160 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2009 at 9:03pm
N-Drizzle.....Typical left wing double standard b.s.  Don't worry though, I'm sure some other liberal PC bank will put on an ad campaign just as idiotic as the one WAMU did and liberals like you can bank with them.
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rwayne72160 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2009 at 9:07pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Sure, they show about a dozen stupid, crooked white bankers and then they show the smart, honest WAMU banker who happens to be black.  Can you imagine the uproar if they turned it around and showed a smart, honest white WAMU banker and a dozen or so stupid, crooked black bankers?  Sharpton and Jackson would be telling the world not to ever bank with WAMU and having fake heart attacks like Fred Sanford....lol.  

That's the way it is in TV land.  However, I did recently see a commercial in which there was a foolish black guy amongst the usual foolish white guys---and another white guy as "the smart one".  I forget what the product was, but I was surprised to see it.

Good grief!!!!  Let's hope Sharpton, Jackson or any politician like Rangel doesn't see it.  They'll be screaming for the feds to shut down whatever the name of the business is and claiming that they're guilty of hate crimes......LOL.
N-Dizzle View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N-Dizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2009 at 9:37pm

N-Drizzle.....Typical left wing double standard b.s.  Don't worry though, I'm sure some other liberal PC bank will put on an ad campaign just as idiotic as the one WAMU did and liberals like you can bank with them.

Well, f**king excuse me for not thinking it is over the top PC to have an intelligent black person on TV.    You guys see, here in the north black people are just like white people.    They have jobs, they're intelligent and they even run for and win the job of president of the US.   

Maybe some bank will put out an ad where the black guy walks through in a janitor uniform saying "I sweeps ups".    Then you'll be in your element. LOL

"Double Standard"?   This is a double standard.    You seem to forget about the embarrassing, dirty past of this nation.   Never have WASP people been subjected to the abuse and discrimination that non-WASPs have.    Sure, some things may be 'funny' on the surface, but where do you draw the line?    When does 'funny' become offensive?   When does satire become dehumanization?    Hate groups have done it before and there are still some ugly people out there that would jump at a chance to do it again.   Hint: they attend Sarah Piglin rallies!      The Nazis did a similar thing to the Jews during WWII and the Holocaust, use over the line satire to make a certain group less of a human being, making it easier to commit atrocities.    Hate groups are making a comeback in the US.    Since the election of President Obama and with Hispanic immigration, it's been reported that anti-Hispanic propaganda has been distributed in some areas.    

So instead of the lecture about "those liberals and their double standards protecting minorities", remember when double standards HURT minorities.
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rwayne72160 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2009 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by N-Dizzle N-Dizzle wrote:

Well, f**king excuse me for not thinking it is over the top PC to have an intelligent black person on TV.    You guys see, here in the north black people are just like white people.    They have jobs, they're intelligent and they even run for and win the job of president of the US.   

Maybe some bank will put out an ad where the black guy walks through in a janitor uniform saying "I sweeps ups".    Then you'll be in your element. LOL

"Double Standard"?   This is a double standard.    You seem to forget about the embarrassing, dirty past of this nation.   Never have WASP people been subjected to the abuse and discrimination that non-WASPs have.    Sure, some things may be 'funny' on the surface, but where do you draw the line?    When does 'funny' become offensive?   When does satire become dehumanization?    Hate groups have done it before and there are still some ugly people out there that would jump at a chance to do it again.   Hint: they attend Sarah Piglin rallies!      The Nazis did a similar thing to the Jews during WWII and the Holocaust, use over the line satire to make a certain group less of a human being, making it easier to commit atrocities.    Hate groups are making a comeback in the US.    Since the election of President Obama and with Hispanic immigration, it's been reported that anti-Hispanic propaganda has been distributed in some areas.    

So instead of the lecture about "those liberals and their double standards protecting minorities", remember when double standards HURT minorities.

You can get off your ACLU soapbox.  You're either just another black who spends their days whining about how there was slavery 150 years ago so you can get freebies from idiotic, guilt driven, weak minded white liberals or you ARE one of those weak minded white liberals who fall for all of that PC crappola.  The minorities of today have it much better than the average white person in this country.  And I'm still glad the WAMU jerkoffs went down the drain.  I only wish every racist bunch like them would.  As for the Mexican invasion, I'm hoping your wages will remain stagnant or better yet you lose what was once a good paying construction job once they invade yankeeland the way they have Texas and Louisiana.  And believe me, it won't be long.  Big companies want that cheap wetback labor and are willing to pay politicians.....DemoRAT and RePUKE alike to make sure the border is left wide open.     
N-Dizzle View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N-Dizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2009 at 10:54pm

You can get off your ACLU soapbox.  You're either just another black who spends their days whining about how there was slavery 150 years ago so you can get freebies from idiotic, guilt driven, weak minded white liberals or you ARE one of those weak minded white liberals who fall for all of that PC crappola. 

I'm white, put the sheets back on the bed!    But just because I am white does not mean I go around flaunting it or feeling superior to others simply because of something arbitrary like race or skin color.     And if someone is being persecuted because of race, skin color, nationality or whatever, I'll speak out and defend that fellow human being.   Weak minded?   So I guess studying and reading about ethics, laws and history makes me weak minded.    Okaaayy??    And the uneducated boobs who shout racist remarks and accuse presidential candidates of being a religion he obviously is not are NOT weak minded?  

The minorities of today have it much better than the average white person in this country. 

Are you Fucking kidding??    I see you're from Louisiana.    Go on over to Jena and ask those six boys if "they have it much better than the average white person".    Go tell them how everything's peachy now, even though in the year 2007 they were threatened and falsely imprisoned for a minor offense.    Go tell them how "great" things are even though the fires of hatred and racism are burning strong, even as we are about to celebrate the inauguration of President Obama.   

And I'm still glad the WAMU jerkoffs went down the drain.  I only wish every racist bunch like them would. 

Oh, so one commercial makes a financial institution founded in 1889 "racist" because they accurately depict bankers as "shifty white guys"?     How much do you hate the KKK?   If you hate a bank over one commercial, then you must really hate real organizations of hate.   Or is it just ones that are "racist" in a certain way?

As for the Mexican invasion, I'm hoping your wages will remain stagnant or better yet you lose what was once a good paying construction job once they invade yankeeland the way they have Texas and Louisiana. 

Mexican Invasion?    Whoa!   Hold it, did I miss something on the news?    The Mexicans illegally invaded and occupied another nation?    Terrible.    Only an evil, sinister, vile monster illegally invades and occupies foreign nations.   OOPS!!!    That's what GW Bush did.   My bad!    Oh yes, poor, hardworking men and women trying to make a better future for their children are such a threat.  

Maybe if the group of "white trash" would stop reproducing like rabbits, actually graduate from high school, pursue higher education or apply for these jobs, there would be less jobs for the immigrants.    And maybe if once these people had these jobs, they wouldn't have nonsense like the UAW and other unions to browbeat their employers into bowing down to ridiculous demands, which forces companies overseas.   You talk about "yankee land"?   Just look at the steel industry in states like Ohio and Pennsylvania.   Now look at the auto industry.   They're killing themselves with the unions.   It's NOT the immigrants fault.    And then we have people like GW Bush.    Let's give tax cuts to all the people outsourcing jobs.     Let's reward them for taking jobs away.   Pure genius.   

And believe me, it won't be long.  Big companies want that cheap wetback labor and are willing to pay politicians.....DemoRAT and RePUKE alike to make sure the border is left wide open.    

I see what you are.   One of those angry, stodgy, old white men.    Probably voted for McCain.   Who is afraid of change and looks for any available place online to spread bitterness and hatred.    Get over it or get help.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2009 at 12:18am

You can get off your ACLU soapbox.  You're either just another black who spends their days whining about how there was slavery 150 years ago so you can get freebies from idiotic, guilt driven, weak minded white liberals or you ARE one of those weak minded white liberals who fall for all of that PC crappola.  The minorities of today have it much better than the average white person in this country.  And I'm still glad the WAMU jerkoffs went down the drain.  I only wish every racist bunch like them would.  As for the Mexican invasion, I'm hoping your wages will remain stagnant or better yet you lose what was once a good paying construction job once they invade yankeeland the way they have Texas and Louisiana.  And believe me, it won't be long.  Big companies want that cheap wetback labor and are willing to pay politicians.....DemoRAT and RePUKE alike to make sure the border is left wide open.     
Can I ask what swamp you crawled out from?
Will it take your mortal remains BACK?
Junior, you are WAY out of line - I'm certain you've a few blathering posts left before being banned.
Go for it.
Then either do us a favor and 'wake up' - or, well...don't (ever).

You COULD have gotten your point across in a more 'politically correct' manner - and maybe even won support - but NOT like THAT.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2009 at 1:46am
Just ignore him, if you don't talk to him he won't get the attention and will give up on his ridiculous,idiot nonsensical racist cowardly rant and go away like a good troll will.

Now go away troll before we rip you another asshole.Thumbs%20DownTongue
Tongue

One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
N-Dizzle View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N-Dizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2009 at 3:33am
Time for this again!!
FSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL
Yutolia View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yutolia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2009 at 3:39am
Apparently the Shane Company is filing for bankruptcy now. Remember that shill who signed on to the old site just to tell us that Shane Co. was taking over and  there was no way we'd ever escape from their commercials? Well, it looks like now's our chance!
"Xbox Live is an online homophobia club for pre-teen Tourette’s sufferers." - Brockway, Cracked.com
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2009 at 3:55am
So I hear we're being invaded taken over by the Mexicans,WOW this is big news, we should here about this! My goodness, within two years we'll be speaking Spanish OMG this is terrible,and then a few years later a Mexican leader will kick out the U.S. President and take over the US then we'll be called The United States of Mexico,OHH THIS IS HORRIFIC!!!!!!LOL

Then why the hell haven't I heard about this on CNN? oh wait HE HAS!!!!! but he was watching Lou Dobbs!!!!! THAT's where he got this ridiculous trash from.

Unhappy
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
N-Dizzle View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N-Dizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2009 at 4:04am
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

So I hear we're being invaded taken over by the Mexicans,WOW this is big news, we should here about this! My goodness, within two years we'll be speaking Spanish OMG this is terrible,and then a few years later a Mexican leader will kick out the U.S. President and take over the US then we'll be called The United States of Mexico,OHH THIS IS HORRIFIC!!!!!!LOL

Then why the hell haven't I heard about this on CNN? oh wait HE HAS!!!!! but he was watching Lou Dobbs!!!!! THAT's where he got this ridiculous trash from.

Unhappy

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmLOLLOLLOLLOL

Lou Dobbs, the embarrassment of CNN.    Haven't they fired that guy yet?     I'm very tired of his nightly racist rant.   I swear every day the topic is: "Broken borders", Border Crisis, Illegal Invaders.  

"Illegal Invaders"?   Is that some kind of ripoff of "Space Invaders" that you can download on Bit Torrent? Hmmm? LOLLOLLOL
Wild Starchild View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wild Starchild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2009 at 7:59am
I wish the Mexicans WOULD invade Taco Bell and actually make it Mexican food!!! ROFLMAO!!!!

Can you even say 'wetbacks' on this site, like he did without getting banned??? Isn't that just as bad as dropping the "N" bomb??

OH NATE!!!!!!!! I think we need a ruling on this one!!
AW DAMN!!!! Wild Shot the friggin TV again!!!
ForumAdmin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ForumAdmin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2009 at 7:24pm
I'd step in but I think N-Dizzle is handling his/herself rather well.
The two of you are welcome to hash this out in a new thread in the Flame Room, should you so choose.
Dr.Roo View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr.Roo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2009 at 11:18pm
Originally posted by NathanAlexander NathanAlexander wrote:

I'd step in but I think N-Dizzle is handling his/herself rather well.
The two of you are welcome to hash this out in a new thread in the Flame Room, should you so choose.
                                                                                                                                                       Well than, lets all adjourn to the Flame Room, shall we?  Ouch Dead
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic