Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Chevy- More 'Real crap. No kidding' (links)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Chevy- More 'Real crap. No kidding' (links)
    Posted: 05 Jun 2016 at 6:57pm
I am so sick of this guy and the company he represents!

I've noticed a trend over the past few years.
More and more companies are following the lead of the mega insurance giants.
Saturate the airwaves. Every type of business from Papa John's to Progressive.

Could they find a more dopey looking bunch of guys?

This guy is 'focused' on his fiend across the trailer.

Please Rob, just go away and take this whole campaign with you.  AngryAngry

Sponsored Links

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2016 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

I am so sick of this guy and the company he represents!

I've noticed a trend over the past few years.
More and more companies are following the lead of the mega insurance giants.
Saturate the airwaves. Every type of business from Papa John's to Progressive.

Could they find a more dopey looking bunch of guys?

This entire campaign should have been aborted in the concept stage!
"This guy is 'focused' on his fiend across the trailer." If that's a typo it's entirely forgivable. If it's an intentional "poke" at Donothan? Brilliant!LOL

EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2016 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

This entire campaign should have been aborted in the concept stage!
If it's an intentional "poke" at Donothan? Brilliant!LOL

LOL A "poke" at Donathan? LOL

I'm not aka ron, really!
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2016 at 2:51am
Please, Chevy, take this stupid "real people...not actors...I meant actors" campaign and throw it all away...NOW! I am sick to death of this commercial and I will never buy a new Chevy if they keep airing this campaign.
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2016 at 6:58pm
This new one is really rubbing me the wrong way.

Rob Benedict  (stillisadick) thinks he is some sort of big star like Regis Philbin.

"Is that your final answer?"  Goddamned, I hate these commercials.

crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2016 at 6:02pm
I'm sick to death of hearing "You can only answer...in emojis." EVERY SINGLE COMMERCIAL BREAK HE'S ON!!! Either Emojis, or the idiots who don't know they're in the back of a trailer hauled by a Silverado. Take this campaign and shove it all up your rears, Chevy. DeadAngry
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
michael971 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michael971 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2016 at 3:53pm
They picked the most annoying bland announcer they could find.
Would you hire this person as your salesman??
usmaak View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2016 at 4:44pm
Originally posted by michael971 michael971 wrote:

They picked the most annoying bland announcer they could find.
Would you hire this person as your salesman??
I will answer this question with only emojis.

i8acannibal View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2016 at 1:57am
I'd hire him as a salesman. I'd make him sell my lost pubic hairs, one by one. #TALENT Thumbs Down
Say something clever here...

No, I'm too lazy. Imagine it yourself.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2016 at 6:57pm
Angry
michael971 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michael971 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2016 at 7:15pm
SmileEvil SmileHeartLOLBig smileDead
THE ANSWER TO THE QUESTION BABY!!
!LOLLOLConfusedEmbarrassedBeerEmbarrassed
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2016 at 8:24pm
^These idiots are wearing on my last nerve.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2016 at 9:02pm

I had a slight moment of happiness, thinking they might be phasing out the big dickhead known as Rob.

He only speaks a few words, he has his trusty clipboard in hand.
Notice they are all wearing name tags. Also, the guy just got a 20% discount (the markup is probably higher) and he wants to drive his new car through the wall? 'Real idiots, Not customers'

Then I saw this one, I could not be more sick of a series of commercials. This loyal GM customer will never go back to them. All thanks to Chevy, their marketing department for taking on the Geico approach. And Rob Stillisadick.AngryAngryAngryAngry

crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2016 at 8:10am
The host isn't Rob Benedict. It's Potsch Boyd. Search the Chevy ads on iSpot and you'll see his name, not Rob's. Some hipster idiot who probably isn't older than 30.

Still sick of them. Why does Chevy think it's a successful ad campaign? Just...why?
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2016 at 12:15pm
Originally posted by crainbebo crainbebo wrote:

The host isn't Rob Benedict. It's Potsch Boyd. Search the Chevy ads on iSpot and you'll see his name, not Rob's. Some hipster idiot who probably isn't older than 30.

Still sick of them. Why does Chevy think it's a successful ad campaign? Just...why?
Maybe he changed his name after all of the bad press these commercials have received.

People, Places & Things

crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2016 at 7:10pm
I still see these dimwits at least 5 times a day. Especially on the local news! Will these focus groups leave me alone for gosh sake?! Fk you, Chevy. Angry
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2016 at 8:23am
The focus groups are ruining my Olympics viewing!! Here's a new one (I have no idea why it repeats twice, but OK...) that is too long for my tastes, which I've seen a couple times already during the Rio Olympics. I am so sick of these idiotic "actors" and their reactions to a frickin' car. Not to mention Potsch Boyd - "but that's not all!"

I miss the old days. When you actually saw a car driving on a "closed course" and heard a voiceover talking about the car's features. Not idiotic focus groups.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2016 at 7:50pm
Originally posted by crainbebo crainbebo wrote:

I still say he must have changed his name...Rob or Potsch?  Potsch? LOLLOLLOL

What an idiot!!! I still hate him!

ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2016 at 3:10am
They keep recycling the same damn morons in these focus group ads.  I can't stand this wimp hipster d-bag, the people are just as annoying. 

The video above I saw all last week...the towering cars crap with the people apparently excited for some reason. 

So far the past 3, 4 days I keep seeing the one "we're going to reply with emjois" Fist bump and other crap. THIS is how the ad should be.

DeadDead

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2016 at 7:43pm
LOLLOL  ^

I have had 'cold calls' from people I have bought cars from in the last 15 years.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2016 at 7:44pm
Good God!  How long do I have to listen to this sh*t!

Potsch (whatever) Stillisadick on my TV again. AngryAngryAngry

Who payed for the bailout when 2 of the top 3 could not pay their bills? If you pay taxes, we did!

Fred View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2016 at 12:22am
The one that kills me is where they show the Black Friday videos and then say, "You won't encounter this at Chevy" or something similar. 

The people in those videos aren't buying f*cking cars.  They are buying cheap TV's and fad toys.  

"Hmm, to avoid the crazed American consumers, I think i'll go drop $30k on a car."  

Stupid!  Hate this line of commercials.  "Real people, not actors"  Are actors not real people?  

Cranedy Pouth View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cranedy Pouth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2016 at 3:38am
Good point about how stupid the "Real people. Not actors," spiel is that many commercials are using as a disclaimer, when it should be,"Actual customers, not actors."
Using nuclear weapons on problem people is not the answer, you psychopath!

Also, Keith Richards is a damn cockroach outliving everybody! LOL
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2016 at 3:24pm
Yes, that Black Friday ad is haunting our TVs as well. Do people actually find this funny and entertaining? Excuse me, not people, MILLENNIALS. I shut off all of these commercials because of that stupid Potsch Boyd! More importantly, those stupid people. 
Sometimes I feel like boycotting this despicable car company. I won't be surprised if Potsch gets some sidekick host, and maybe a talking car - then they can copy Progressive's Flo/Box/Jamie!
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2016 at 5:37pm
Originally posted by Fred Fred wrote:

The one that kills me is where they show the Black Friday videos and then say, "You won't encounter this at Chevy" or something similar. 

The people in those videos aren't buying f*cking cars.  They are buying cheap TV's and fad toys.  

"Hmm, to avoid the crazed American consumers, I think i'll go drop $30k on a car."  

Stupid!  Hate this line of commercials.  
"Real people, not actors"  Are actors not real people?  

Technically, "No".

You basically have to sell your soul to perform in any of these commercials.
I think you have to have a soul to qualify for "real people" status.

...though not for stupid and moronic. 
That's pretty much an open-ended category that accepts all applicants.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic