Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Entresto: bad singing of "Tomorrow"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2016 at 9:35pm
I can't stand seeing that pasty old black guy in the shower. Really? Do I really need to see that? Disgusting! And the singing of "The Sun Will Come Out Tomorrow" is annoying too. It was a little annoying when Aileen Quinn sang it in the movie as well...but this is 10x worse.
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
Sponsored Links

CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2016 at 9:37pm
We have a new leader in the contest for "Most annoying commercial of 2016"
Children are just God's little way of punishing us for having sex
videotapeguy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote videotapeguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2016 at 2:41am
I HATE this guy!

TOO-MOAR-OAH!
Back after three years away from here.
gorillaburrito View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote gorillaburrito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2016 at 4:27pm
I would like to add that the commercial appears to end after like 15-20 seconds and then somehow picks up enough steam to continue rolling on for another 40 seconds for no gosh dang reason other than making my ears bleed with off key singing & telling me if you try to kill yourself you may need to stop taking Entresto.
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2016 at 2:55am
And I still see this stupid commercial many times a day. I change it before I see the pasty old black guy in the shower. Fk off Entresto.
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
ItsAllTME View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ItsAllTME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2016 at 3:21am
I've successfully turned into one of the "out-of-touch old people" I used to pick on in my younger years... but I'm going to say it anyway. I MISS THE OLD DAYS when our government was not yet allowing big pharma to advertise every other commercial with medications that might help you with one specific problem but could also harm or kill you in 17 other ways. I would much rather go back to the commercials of my youth, with some old lady yelling "where's the beef?" or the Marlboro man riding his pony off into the sunset while sucking on a cancer stick. Yup, the good ole days.....
Rhonlynn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhonlynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2016 at 4:39am
Sonobello is a company that does lifts and Lipo. They do it assembly line style. The Sonobello commercial I mentioned drives me insane. 

It looks like the camera stretches her chin, then, suddenly her double chin is gone. Then she gets on the screen, after a few others have spoke how wonderful their surgery went, and she says, 
"My neighbor used to play with it, gobble gobble." and taps her chin that isn't there.

I think she got more than just the lift. First of all, no one would do that to someone or say goobble gobble. I think she got lipo to the area, then the lift. And I'm not certain if she didn't get cheek injections. I also think she got juvederm in her lips. That's cause I got Juvederm but not from Sonobello but it's because I have a flat face without it. She must've have gotten lipo in the chin.  And I've studied her. Because she drives me nuts.

I noticed in the past few weeks, they'd dropped her part in the commercial.
  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FSs--s_JVk - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FSs--s_JVk

the other commercial that show show 50 times throughout the day, besides "Tomorrow" is the awful one, "That's Life." During the day, they show the Enterso commercial over and over. 
Rhonlynn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhonlynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2016 at 4:42am
Originally posted by crainbebo crainbebo wrote:

And I still see this stupid commercial many times a day. I change it before I see the pasty old black guy in the shower. Fk off Entresto.

They play it 50 times during the day. During The Talk, The View, The news, Crimewatch, anything during the day. 
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2016 at 9:11am
I've seen the commercial many times, yet I still couldn't tell you what it's for.  Same with most of the drugs that have these catchy names and are constantly being advertised.  What's this one for?  Allergies?  Psoriasis?  Mild or moderate depression?

Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2016 at 10:51am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I've seen the commercial many times, yet I still couldn't tell you what it's for.  Same with most of the drugs that have these catchy names and are constantly being advertised.  What's this one for?  Allergies?  Psoriasis?  Mild or moderate depression?

Chronic heart failure.
Maybe he'll die in the shower in a follow-on commercial?

Come to think of it, they should dig up old Redd Foxx (Sanford & Son TV show) and have him sing this commercial in the shower while grabbing his heart and telling Elizabeth he's coming to join her.

Who wants to wager the name Entresto is simply a partial anagram of "Testosterone"?

tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2016 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by Riverrock2k3 Riverrock2k3 wrote:

I agree! Especially hate the end of the commercial.
my year old granddaughter is absolutely hypnotized by this commercial and I THINK its cuz she relates to the baby 'chuckle' at the end
Me? As an adult its total PABLUM and that singing is nails on chalkboard BAD
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2016 at 7:38pm
Originally posted by ThatNerdInPhilly ThatNerdInPhilly wrote:

Had a feeling this pile of slop was already posted. Just saw it, JUST...AWFUL! 
"For women who are pregnant, you SOL...you must not take it or Entresto may harm or kill your unborn baby.." 

Do I need to see this man taking a shower??

The guy has this weird pigment problem with his skin?
Oh, oh! I'm the bad guy?
Maybe, he did a face palm with the BBQ grill.
TeriH1969 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeriH1969 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2016 at 2:43pm
I can't stand the ending of this commercial. The old guy makes me quiver when he sings to that baby. He sings that you are only a day away to it when we all are a day away, duh. And the baby only smiles and laughs because it has gas.
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2016 at 3:39pm
Originally posted by tikibagger tikibagger wrote:

Originally posted by Riverrock2k3 Riverrock2k3 wrote:

I agree! Especially hate the end of the commercial.
my year old granddaughter is absolutely hypnotized by this commercial and I THINK its cuz she relates to the baby 'chuckle' at the end
Me? As an adult its total PABLUM and that singing is nails on chalkboard BAD

With my Grandson it was Flo! He would stop whatever he was doing and stare at the TV.Confused

EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2016 at 3:13pm
good god, childhood fixation of FLO? pure TERROR
that said, she is quite clownlike
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2016 at 5:06pm
Don't these ad-tards realize this ad - and so many others are just bizarre and disturbing??

videotapeguy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote videotapeguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2016 at 11:48pm
I hate this commercial even more now. Because it is on every channel!

By the way, how do they come up with names for prescriptions? "Entresto?" "Entivyo?" Etc.?
Back after three years away from here.
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2016 at 5:10am
They snort a few lines of coke or smoke meth in the meeting room and draw Scrabble tiles from a bag, then re-arrange them, add some vowels, etc. They do this several times a day until they get a list of "good" names to choose from...  Wink LOL
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2016 at 12:57pm
I still say the guy in the shower looks like OJ Simpson after the 'Queens of A-Block' got to play 'Kings for a Day' and had their way with him.

"Tomorrow! Tomorrow! There's always tomorrow..."
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2016 at 3:19pm
They did a story on Sunday Morning once on how they name these things..its basically random with combos if known vowel/consonant sounds that SOUND like they COULD be real words...also acronyms for conditions like IBF and BED HAVE to sound 'catchy'-its pretty nuts
ItsAllTME View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ItsAllTME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2016 at 6:23pm
One example would be the women's hormone Premarin. They named it after one of the ingredients, PREgnant MAre uRINe. I wish I was joking. But I'm not. Google search PMU foals & you can read all about it. I'm only aware of it because I've had horses for 20 years & it's a very sore spot for owners/rescue groups.
Rodney1958 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rodney1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2016 at 1:52am
"Entresto helps make tomorrow possible?" Talk about scare tactics! I think they should be looking for a new ad agency ASAP!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2016 at 6:45pm

<Bait.Post!Big smile>

Confused
I've just finished my $4 Taco Bell value meal, smothered in hot sauce.
I'm 1/2 way through my 40 ounce Bud Dry.
Entresto just showed a white-haired hippie in a convertable, singing along with 'O.J. in the Shower'...
"...Tomorrow! Tomorrow! There's always tomorrow!..."
That white-haired hippie looks to be about either, oh...maybe the age of our 'beloved board twins' (Thor & Jimbo)...damn! He's old!!! If I were either Thor or Jimbo, I'm pretty sure I'd be checking up on my ObummerCare coverage for Entresto so they can post tomorrow, doncha know....LOLWink

I can feel my heart beating in my chest...SmileWink
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2016 at 11:04pm
Between that old lady and the fossil at the end, I'm gonna use up my insulin for the month in one more commercial. This commercial is a health hazard for diabetics. WAYYYYYY to sweet!
Children are just God's little way of punishing us for having sex
the raytownian View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the raytownian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2016 at 3:36pm
The level of annoyance and disgust this ad induces in increases every time I hear it. It's really getting to be unbearable. These annoying caricatures of frail "oldsters" are so utterly tuneless, I can't stand it! I know the tone of the ad is supposed to be a bit ominous, but they could have achieved a dark/serious tone without such awful warbling throughout. The fact that it's so d*mn sappy is not helping things in the slightest.

It's rare that a commercial grates on me so badly that I actually resort to plugging my ears or changing stations, but this ad has succeeded in that regard.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic