Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Entresto: bad singing of "Tomorrow"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Entresto: bad singing of "Tomorrow"
    Posted: 08 Apr 2016 at 12:35am
I understand they're trying to be sweet and cute. They sing "The Sun'll Come Out Tomorrow". I'm tired of being exposed to that song and listening to the tone-deaf singing really grates my gears!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2016 at 7:10pm
Yep, I was going to post this.

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2016 at 4:47am
So, bad singing is a side effect of taking Entresto?  Better that than "In extremely rare cases, test subjects grew a prehensile tail"  I guess...  LOL
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2016 at 8:20pm
Had a feeling this pile of slop was already posted. Just saw it, JUST...AWFUL! 
"For women who are pregnant, you SOL...you must not take it or Entresto may harm or kill your unborn baby.." 

Do I need to see this man taking a shower??

mrjim View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2016 at 4:33am
I absolutely hate this commercial.  I'd rather watch my house burn down than watch this sappy commercial 1 more time.
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2016 at 6:21am
"Entresto side effects may include:  Extreme irritability; Pyromania; ..."

LOL
Pencefan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Pencefan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2016 at 4:28pm
This is DEFINITELY amongst my present, Top 3 "Most Detested Commercials"! The other two would be the University of Phoenix,...with that ATROCIOUS, TRAIN-WRECK of a version of "If I Only Had A Brain", and while I forget what drug the other commercial is for,...the one where the singer COMPLETELY BOTCHES & DESTROYS the Sinatra classic, "That's Life".

I don't mean to sound like a grumpy jaggoff, but whatever happened to the days where commercials were RELEVANT to what they were advertising. HelI,...back in the day, some commercials were even FUNNY, or at the very least,...interesting enough! Today,...LITERALLY, 99 out of 100 commercials are either/or/some/all:

unoriginal
COMPLETELY irrelevant or off-topic
not "memorable"
STUPID!
lancelink View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lancelink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2016 at 2:10am
If I was the guy taking a shower, I wouldn't worry too much about tomorrow.

Someone's bound to get fed up with him if he sings like that every morning and makes that facial expression while he's at it.

I hear elderly abuse is all the rage at retirement homes these days. Wink
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2016 at 9:06am
Originally posted by Pencefan Pencefan wrote:

This is DEFINITELY amongst my present, Top 3 "Most Detested Commercials"! The other two would be the University of Phoenix,...with that ATROCIOUS, TRAIN-WRECK of a version of "If I Only Had A Brain"...!

They should've used the Ramones' I Don't Wanna Be a Pinhead No More.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2016 at 11:08am
Seen this commercial once and had to take a 'mental shower', along with convincing myself not only had I never seen it, but that I didn't just also watch O.J. enjoying a prison shower. 
Originally posted by ThatNerdInPhilly ThatNerdInPhilly wrote:

Had a feeling this pile of slop was already posted. Just saw it, JUST...AWFUL! 
"For women who are pregnant, you SOL...you must not take it or Entresto may harm or kill your unborn baby.." 

Do I need to see this man taking a shower??

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
MusiCat View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MusiCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2016 at 2:02am
Originally posted by Pencefan Pencefan wrote:

This is DEFINITELY amongst my present, Top 3 "Most Detested Commercials"! The other two would be the University of Phoenix,...with that ATROCIOUS, TRAIN-WRECK of a version of "If I Only Had A Brain", and while I forget what drug the other commercial is for,...the one where the singer COMPLETELY BOTCHES & DESTROYS the Sinatra classic, "That's Life".

I don't mean to sound like a grumpy jaggoff, but whatever happened to the days where commercials were RELEVANT to what they were advertising. HelI,...back in the day, some commercials were even FUNNY, or at the very least,...interesting enough! Today,...LITERALLY, 99 out of 100 commercials are either/or/some/all:

unoriginal
COMPLETELY irrelevant or off-topic
not "memorable"
STUPID!

Bravo! I couldn't have said that better if I tried. Yeah, I hate to be a nag, but if we want to enjoy any sort of digital entertainment any more, we have to endure this crap. Don't get me started on YouTube (that's a whole other rant)

That University of Phoenix commercial makes my skin crawl off my body and curl up in the fetal position in my bed. Lol
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2016 at 7:23pm
Same here.

For a good comparison. Look how gut-bustingly hilarious GEICO ads used to be in the 90s-2000s. Now compare that to the utter stale boring crap they have now. Unbelievable! Night and day. Commercials have become unfunny since at least the mid 2000s.
jon1 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jon1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2016 at 5:44am
For me, it's not even so much the bad singing - there's something about the way the song is arranged and sung here that just feels creepy. Just weird and creepy. 
jezbelle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jezbelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2016 at 6:31am
I just joined here. I found you guys by googling that Entresto "The Sun'll come out Tomorrow" ad... it sent shivers down my spine.

'do i really need to see this man taking a shower?' was my favorite comment. i think i say that out loud every time i turn on the tv it seems, for nearly every commercial. do i really need to see this man taking a shower. do i really need to see this man opening his big mouth and putting in the yogurt? do they really need to give that girl pit stains?

Makeitstoplease View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Makeitstoplease Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2016 at 11:10pm
I joined for this horrible commercial too. That ugly guy taking a shower gives me nightmares. He is so unattractive. The old guy singing at the end while holding the baby is soooo creepy and weird. Basically the old black man and old white man makes this commercial really really horrific.
Riverrock2k3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riverrock2k3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2016 at 12:07am
I agree! Especially hate the end of the commercial.
usmaak View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2016 at 12:24am
I just caught this one for the first time, and had to come here to post about it.  Of course it's already here.  What the hell is up with this commercial.  Does a bunch of talentless people singing really sell drugs?
ChrisInMI View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisInMI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2016 at 1:32am
I hated this commercial based on the singing alone, and had managed up until now to avoid exposure to the visual part of it.  Now I think I've been scarred for life.  Almost makes me think their plan is to use their terrible commercials to CREATE the health problems these drugs are supposed to treat.

Not to mention this is the second irritating use of the song "Tomorrow" in a commercial in as many years.  The first was for Kellogg's ("We'll see you at breakfast tomorrow" or whatever that was).
Rhonlynn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Rhonlynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2016 at 9:01pm
I work from home, and my 25 year old son lives here and my mom lives here. A t.v is on all  the time. I googled Hate the Entreso commercial, and it brought me here.

I cant stand the Entresso commercial. For everything that's already written, and the one about "That's Life." No. It's. Not.

Also the one for Sonobello where the woman says, "The neighbor plays with my chin gobble gobble." I always want to say, "If you are really having that many issues with your chin, get the thing fixed! Cause you are disgusting!" It just makes my skin crawl.

As for the Phoenix commercial, first time I saw it, I thought it was political, "Oh that's cool, it's for equal pay."...uh...no..it's for Phoenix University, and I'm going to hear it for the next year.

These commercials are horrible marketing. 
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2016 at 10:00pm
During local news they have been advertising an upcoming stage production of "Annie". It features a sample of Lil' Annie shrieking "Tomorrow"! As annoying as the Entresto bad singers are they at least don't inflict physical pain to my ears.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2016 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by Rhonlynn Rhonlynn wrote:

I work from home, and my 25 year old son lives here and my mom lives here. A t.v is on all  the time. I googled Hate the Entreso commercial, and it brought me here.

I cant stand the Entresso commercial. For everything that's already written, and the one about "That's Life." No. It's. Not.

Also the one for Sonobello where the woman says, "The neighbor plays with my chin gobble gobble." I always want to say, "If you are really having that many issues with your chin, get the thing fixed! Cause you are disgusting!" It just makes my skin crawl.

As for the Phoenix commercial, first time I saw it, I thought it was political, "Oh that's cool, it's for equal pay."...uh...no..it's for Phoenix University, and I'm going to hear it for the next year.

These commercials are horrible marketing. 

Welcome to the group. You mentioned my personal most hated ads on TV right now. U. of Phoenix is no question my #1, this Entestro is a close #2. #3 Xarelto, that unfunny has been Kevin Nealon and his group of idiots is still up there for me. That damn Jardiance ad. Angry

What is Sonobello? I haven't seen this yet..it sounds wonderful DeadLOL

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2016 at 8:35pm
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

During local news they have been advertising an upcoming stage production of "Annie". It features a sample of Lil' Annie shrieking "Tomorrow"! As annoying as the Entresto bad singers are they at least don't inflict physical pain to my ears.

That damn kid, no matter who's playing her, likes to screech that song at the top of her lungs! Very painful to the EARS!
DiscontinueAllAds View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote DiscontinueAllAds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2016 at 5:09am
Absolute worst thing about this ad is the audio mix on 5.1 surround. Everything is center panned EXCEPT FOR THE GUY AND BABY AT THE VERY END THAT ARE PANNED HARD LEFT. I can ignore most of the ad at this point, but the fact that it jumps hard left with a volume boost makes me voluntarily want to eat taco bell for every meal every day, get heart disease and suffer a cardiac arrest, wake up in the hospital surrounded by loved ones, make a partial recovery, travel to the Entresto HQ, locate the damn focus group that thinks this ad is anything better than terrible, eat more taco bell, say goodbye to my family OVER some taco bell, sh*t myself, etch the focus group's addresses on the inside of my coffin, die, and haunt them for the rest of their terrible circle-jerky marketing lives singing "Tomorrow" in minor 7th intervals.

I hate this ad.
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2016 at 11:34am
Originally posted by DiscontinueAllAds DiscontinueAllAds wrote:

Absolute worst thing about this ad is the audio mix on 5.1 surround. Everything is center panned EXCEPT FOR THE GUY AND BABY AT THE VERY END THAT ARE PANNED HARD LEFT. I can ignore most of the ad at this point, but the fact that it jumps hard left with a volume boost makes me voluntarily want to eat taco bell for every meal every day, get heart disease and suffer a cardiac arrest, wake up in the hospital surrounded by loved ones, make a partial recovery, travel to the Entresto HQ, locate the damn focus group that thinks this ad is anything better than terrible, eat more taco bell, say goodbye to my family OVER some taco bell, sh*t myself, etch the focus group's addresses on the inside of my coffin, die, and haunt them for the rest of their terrible circle-jerky marketing lives singing "Tomorrow" in minor 7th intervals.

I hate this ad.

Yeah, but how do you really feel?  Wink

Welcome to CIH !!

CapeCat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapeCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2016 at 6:37pm

Yeah, but how do you really feel?  Wink

[/QUOTE]

Absolutely second the motion...this is a dreadfully depressing, emotionally manipulative ad for a drug that might help you (but listening to the side effects, it could just as easily kill you on the spot, or kill your unborn child, or cause some other dire complication).  The underlying message - take this pill, or you may never see your grandchild or your doggie again and they will miss you and cry - infuriates me to no end. 
CapeCat
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic