Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Boss looks stupid!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Boss looks stupid!
    Posted: 06 Apr 2016 at 1:30pm
Yet another one of Melissa McCarthy "Funny" movies. This movie looks uninspiring and trite. I'm getting tired of seeing Melissa in "funny" movies all the time. I'd love to see her in Drama for a change, see her being serious and moody would be a good thing for her in my opinion. The Boss looks like it just may flop as people are already getting tired of Melissa only doing comedy movies at a rapid rate. She had like 5 Comedy movies in just 5 years! Enough with the Comedy movies already! Just like a poster replied on IMDB, "Do we really want to laugh all the time? I sure as hell don't want to laugh all the time. I want to laugh and think."
My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D.😀 Hitting on a Lesbian who speaks to you and about you like trash means you're REALLY desperate! 😀

Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2016 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by Donathan Donathan wrote:

Yet another one of Melissa Mcartney"s "Funny" movies. This movie looks uninspiring and trite. I'm getting tired of seeing Melissa in "funny" movies all the time. I'd love to see her in Drama for a change, see her being serious and moody would be a good thing for her in my opinion. The Boss looks like it just may flop as people are already getting tired of Melissa only doing comedy movies at a rapid rate. She had like 5 Comedy movies in just 5 years! Enough with the Comedy movies already! Just like a poster replied on IMDB, "Do we really want to laugh all the time? I sure as hell don't want to laugh all the time. I want to laugh and think."
Sheesh Donna, you could at least get her name right.

Melissa McCarthy

Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2016 at 3:15pm

Yet another one of Melissa Mcartney"s "Funny" movies. This movie looks uninspiring and trite. I'm getting tired of seeing Melissa in "funny" movies all the time. I'd love to see her in Drama for a change, see her being serious and moody would be a good thing for her in my opinion. The Boss looks like it just may flop as people are already getting tired of Melissa only doing comedy movies at a rapid rate. She had like 5 Comedy movies in just 5 years! Enough with the Comedy movies already! Just like a poster replied on IMDB,

She does comedy movies... because she's a comedian? Maybe?

"Do we really want to laugh all the time? I sure as hell don't want to laugh all the time. I want to laugh and think."

And this is just about the dumbest thing I've read in forever. Don't want to laugh all the time? Then DON'T GO SEE A COMEDY.
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2016 at 8:00pm
Yeah it looks stupid, but dammit she is FUNNY! I'm not ticked off about this movie so it doesn't bother me. I just ignore it move on to more important things. It's not worth the hassle. Focus on the positive things instead of a stupid movie. Why get angry over something you can't control?
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2016 at 8:14pm
I think Donna just wants her (Melissa McCarthy) to do more sexy, sultry love making scenes. Tongue
jnoble View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jnoble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2016 at 8:26pm
I'm far from a prude or hyper-sensitive...I actually have an awful sense of humor that would get me banned from many message boards....but anyone else think the clips in the trailer of her character insinuating lesbianism to what looks like girls who are no older than 9 out of bounds.... even by todays low standards? Confused
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2016 at 8:36pm
It would take a pretty sensitive person to be offended by anything in that trailer.
Joking about sexual orientation is mainstream now.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2016 at 9:46pm
I like McCarthy.  I'd watch the movie.

tass View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2016 at 11:12pm
I don't think there's a movie or sitcom or standup routine she could do that would top her lip-sync performance on Jimmy Fallon's show. Brilliant.
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2016 at 11:17pm
Anything's better than A-Hole Ben Afflac as Batman or for that matter in any cinematic tour de farce.
I approve this message.
Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2016 at 3:48am
The poster was implying that you shouldn't keep doing just plain comedy. He was implying that sooner or later someone who makes you all the time will start to get annoying and you will start looking for the substinence .
My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D.😀 Hitting on a Lesbian who speaks to you and about you like trash means you're REALLY desperate! 😀

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2016 at 5:57am

The poster was implying that you shouldn't keep doing just plain comedy. He was implying that sooner or later someone who makes you all the time will start to get annoying and you will start looking for the substinence .
LOL
The tendency to refer to oneself in the third person is often viewed by psychologists as a symptom of narcissism.
Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2016 at 9:02am
I stand by my comment, that's one of the dumbest things I've ever read, and I've read a lot of your posts. And yeah, Ron's right, it absolutely sounds like something you would have posted. LOL

"I'm tired of laughing, I want something deep and thought-provoking... I think I'll go see a McCarthy, or Farrell, or Sandler (or whatever "comedian" you find funny. I like McCarthy, but not the other two Tongue) flick and then act all disappointed that I didn't walk away from the experience a better person."

That's no different than saying "You know what? I'm tired of burgers... I'm in the mood for a steak", and then pulling into McDonald's anyway.

Dumb.

Dumb.

Mega ultra super dumb.

I actually feel dumber for having replied to it... twice.

"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2016 at 9:04am

Substinence?

Is that a combo of substance, sustenance and subsistence?

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2016 at 9:21am
^LOL

Yeah, if you are going to impress with your vocabulary, you may want to get the word right.

Good news though! You may qualify for our Witless Protection Program. Tongue
Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2016 at 9:28am
I was not the poster who posted the quote about not wanting to laugh all the time!

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2016 at 9:31am
OK Donna, it's official! You've lost it! Wacko
Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2016 at 12:47pm
I was not the poster who posted the quote about not wanting to laugh all the time! But, okay, okay, I'll admit the quote was taken out of context. The poster was talking about a completely different Comedy when he said that and wasn't even talking about Melissa!

Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2016 at 2:29pm
Are ya talking about the FIRST POSTER!? Cause that poster was YOU!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2016 at 7:26pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Yet another one of Melissa Mcartney"s "Funny" movies. This movie looks uninspiring and trite. I'm getting tired of seeing Melissa in "funny" movies all the time. I'd love to see her in Drama for a change, see her being serious and moody would be a good thing for her in my opinion. The Boss looks like it just may flop as people are already getting tired of Melissa only doing comedy movies at a rapid rate. She had like 5 Comedy movies in just 5 years! Enough with the Comedy movies already! Just like a poster replied on IMDB, "Do we really want to laugh all the time? I sure as hell don't want to laugh all the time. I want to laugh and think."
Sheesh Donna, you could at least get her name right.

Melissa McCarthy

Maybe if you didn't quote stupid people from IMDB, your post might come across more clearly. What is IMDB?  IM a DumBass?
Not to mention your usual diatribe with no video.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2016 at 9:19pm
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

Are ya talking about the FIRST POSTER!? Cause that poster was YOU!

That gaffe tells me that he's still posting under different names and simply forgot that, in this case, he didn't.

Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2016 at 10:49pm
I wasn't the poster who said the quote. That was another poster on IMDB.

Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2016 at 11:53pm

I was not the poster who posted the quote about not wanting to laugh all the time! But, okay, okay, I'll admit the quote was taken out of context. The poster was talking about a completely different Comedy when he said that and wasn't even talking about Melissa!

So you used a quote, out of context, for this movie to prove a point?

Ah hah! Got it!

Whhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeee!!!!!!!!
Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2016 at 2:26am
I slightly implied a lie by making people assume that the poster was talking about Melissa when he was talking about The Fresh Prince Of Bel Air.

In IMDB, a poster asked about the episode "Papa's Got A Brand New Excuse," "There is nothing funny about a Dad abandoning his son for the second time. Why did they air such a sad, serious, unfunny episode in what is suppossed to be a funny Comedy? The other poster replied "Would you really want a show to make you laugh all the time? I sure as hell wouldn't. Laughing all the time is not a good thing and I would start to get annoyed with a Comedy not having any real substinence. A good Comedy should make you laugh and think."

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2016 at 5:57am
Anybody want to guess how many screen names Donna has at IMDB?  I'm guessing at least 20...  LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic