Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Geico "Alligaror Arms" commercial. :-(

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Geico "Alligaror Arms" commercial. :-(
    Posted: 04 Apr 2016 at 12:03am
Geico has stooped to a new low with this blowfly maggot-infested piece of caca. CryAngryDeadAngryCry

Sponsored Links

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2016 at 12:34am
Awwwwwwww, Ang! You're a meanie...  Direct Link To This Post<<<---happy.clicky
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
VillechaizeLove View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VillechaizeLove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2016 at 5:00am
I thought it was funny the first time I saw it, but it is so overplayed here that now I'm just like *eye roll* when it comes on.
Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2016 at 5:48am
The very first time I saw it (which was today!) I hated the living tweedle out of it -- as if the pathetic cringing little milksops the Cavemen and that stupid little green 4-legged peckerhead Gecko weren't enough, now Geico has to scrape the bottom of the barrel with the asinine talking alligator.
 Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry AngryAngry

Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2016 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

I did a search for Geico Alligator Arms on CIH before posting this thread and came up empty...wonder what happened? Question

ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2016 at 5:34pm
Geico trying to take the popularity of these recent viral dinosaur costume videos with little arms and spin it into a commercial.

This popped after the blizzard back in Jan., I still find this video pretty damn funny.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2016 at 6:11pm
Originally posted by Angry McPisseron Angry McPisseron wrote:

I did a search for Geico Alligator Arms on CIH before posting this thread and came up empty...wonder what happened? Question
I don't think the general search will find the things posted in 'Commercial Talk'
I think Google has changed it's format too, a search for "Geico on Commercials I Hate' used to bring a pretty complete list.
Today, it shows 2 topics about the Peter Pan thread.

Maybe it's this old browser, I keep trying to use. 

Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2016 at 6:23pm
I don't know....   I kinda liked it.
Of course, I've only seen it this one time.

Still not as inventive/clever as "Hump Day".
"Mike, Mike, Mike, Mike, Mike...  What day is it, Mike?"

Got to love it.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2016 at 7:54pm
^^^I still like 'Old McDonald' and, well...one that will never get old and is just impossible to hate...

"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2016 at 8:08pm
Originally posted by Angry McPisseron Angry McPisseron wrote:

WinkLOL'Duplicate Threads'? I sure hope we have other more important things in this life to worry about, doncha know...or maybe it is time for the meds?
NJtoTX View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJtoTX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2016 at 1:03am
Hated it instantly. Why don't any of the douchebag losers at the table just go "Here" and push the bill over to the gator?
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2016 at 4:42am
In retrospect, I would have given this an additional "+1" if the alligator had been wearing an IZOD/Lacoste logo shirt.  Tongue

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2016 at 5:46am
Originally posted by NJtoTX NJtoTX wrote:

Hated it instantly. Why don't any of the douchebag losers at the table just go "Here" and push the bill over to the gator?

^^ This.  Or 'dine & dash' and leave him alone at the table... 
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2016 at 7:38am
^^^You folks must not have regular jobs in the white collar sector, or you would have recognized the 'Pansy Table' right away - people are just like that. *I* am one of the few that will immediately set someone else up to pay. 
NomoFlo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NomoFlo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2016 at 6:17pm
Horrible commercial. As for the duplicate threads - was it really a thread if nobody responded?
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2016 at 4:22am
Originally posted by NomoFlo NomoFlo wrote:

Horrible commercial. As for the duplicate threads - was it really a thread if nobody responded?
WinkYou clearly didn't read right - this isn't a dup thread as it is a 'Hate' thread. Mine was a 'Talk' thread, but my thoughts were there and my brain will always take 'least cost route' to save time, thus I pointed to  typing I already did. Quick answers mean more time for me and brainpower savings!
usmaak View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2016 at 5:01am
I hate this commercial, just like all Geico commercials.  You can tell that this one was created by the same ass clowns that created that stupid and obnoxious Peter Pan Geico commercial.  It has the same feel, and same obnoxious sounding main character.  It also has the same feel as that inane camel "what day is today" hump day Geico commercial.

F*ck off, Geico.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2016 at 5:35am
Confused I know I cranked up a Pan thread in the HATE section some months back  (Direct Link To This Post<<<---CLICKY), but it has since grown on me.
usmaak View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2016 at 4:41pm
Maybe after a year or so, this alligator commercial will grow on you as well? LOL
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2016 at 5:41pm
If you checked the link I already posted (I HATE repeating myself), you would know I DO like this commercial. My thread is in the 'Commercial TALK' forum and I closely resemble the gator in regard to his table pay tactics & manners. Yea, me to the 'T, except I can be far worse should I get on a roll. Some folks, including a few of my own children, will not even go out to eat with me. I do behave with customers that haven't gotten to know me, but at job-change (where I have stuck an asshole with a $500 dinner bill) and retirement events, I always go off-script - I am expected to do so, especially at retirements where I pass out the gifts, as I often hold impromptu magic & stage shows (starring the retiree) with the purpose of getting them VERY anxious about 'the forthcoming surprise'Wink
LOL 
usmaak View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2016 at 6:04pm
Sorry about that.  I guess that I need to get out more.  I seldom go anywhere here, except for the Commercials You Hate forum.  Because, I hate commercials. Smile
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2016 at 6:15pm
Big smileApologies never requiredWink
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2016 at 6:16pm
I am the opposite. With our friends, Mark and Lisa, and in most social situations.
It's like a competition who can catch our waiter/waitress first.
Mark has always been a sneaky little guttersnipe but there were a few times I beat him to the punch.
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2016 at 6:22pm
The alligator's like: "I got this!" And then later on some other jerk says the same thing "I got this!" So annoying.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2016 at 6:23pm
^^^WinkI always get their attention right up front by calling out for the 'stewardess'. Harmless momentary confusion more often than not works miracles. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic