Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ace Hardware 'Everyday Paint...' (video)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ace Hardware 'Everyday Paint...' (video)
    Posted: 02 Apr 2016 at 4:40am
DisapproveAce has long made brick-worthy commercials and this one is a doozy! I just don't have televisions to sacrafice...
Was anyone wondering whatever happened to Law & Order's 'Sgt. Cragen'? Well, *I* was fooled for about 1.2 seconds, doncha know. I was positive he retired to the most boring neighborhood in  the city of Kankakee, Illinois and got a job at the paint counter at the local Ace Hardware store, got bored and became the old guy who would follow customers around, talking to them about paint, even if their backs were turned. Yea - for the 1.2 seconds, I was convinced he was that paint guy - the guy any of us would swat away with a newspaper.
If THAT wasn't enough, what's with this metaphor BS at the end?!!!
'Don't eat the paint chips, but have a nice paint shake on us!'
(With apologies to Dann Florek)
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

Banderboy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Banderboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2016 at 5:50pm
If they don't want us to eat paint, they shouldn't make it so delicious. 
Every day my mind grows keener- my good arm stronger--- my silly enemies more futile---
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2016 at 6:52pm

LOL

It looks good, it smells good...so why wouldn't it taste good, like a delicious milkshake?

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2016 at 3:14am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

LOL

It looks good, it smells good...so why wouldn't it taste good, like a delicious milkshake?

Or minty paste in first grade.Wink
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
LastResort View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LastResort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2016 at 9:35pm
I think this is in my top 5 Commercials I despise. The whole new add on thing is awful. That isn't really Dan Florek is it?
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2016 at 8:44pm
♫ Ace is the place and a derp dee derp dee derp derrrrrrrr... that's a metaphorrrrrrr... blah blah blahhhhhh... derp dee derp derrrrrrrrr... ♫
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2016 at 9:11pm
Originally posted by Triple J Triple J wrote:

♫ Ace is the place and a derp dee derp dee derp derrrrrrrr... that's a metaphorrrrrrr... blah blah blahhhhhh... derp dee derp derrrrrrrrr... ♫

You just made my afternoon!!!!!!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2016 at 2:14pm
Originally posted by LastResort LastResort wrote:

I think this is in my top 5 Commercials I despise. The whole new add on thing is awful. That isn't really Dan Florek is it?

That's not Dan Florek. And yes,  the chorus singing the ad jingle, then sorta kinda singing a whole line of stuff afterward in the same general tune is horrid.
"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2016 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by LastResort LastResort wrote:

I have been wanting to start a thread about that "add on thing", but couldn't think of a succinct way to describe it.

I am truly sick of it already.

Talk about a pathetic attempt to be cute and connect with an audience.

Utterly stupid. The first time, it was almost amusing in an eye rolling kind of way. After that, it just smells of trying too hard.

But one has to admit though, that acrylic latex paint in pastel colors like pink, light yellow and light blue do look good enough to dip a spoon into and scarf down like a tub of ice cream or pour into a glass and gulp down like a milkshake.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2016 at 3:24pm

That was a triple Triple J.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2016 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

You just made my afternoon!!!!!!

Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

That was a triple , Triple J.

Hehe... It's just such a dopey jingle. Makes me wish they'd bring back John Madden.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2016 at 4:01pm
Nailed the derpiness of it, though.

At least now I know how to describe the ads.... derpy.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2016 at 8:16pm
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

LOL

LOLLOL
In elementary school, you eat paste. It's what you do!  And eat boogers.
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2016 at 2:42am
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

LOL

LOLLOL
But only your own boogers. Some lines have to be drawn.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2016 at 9:40am

Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

LOL

LOLLOL
But only your own boogers. Some lines have to be drawn.

Oh sh*t.  I wish someone had told me that.

A Millennial View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote A Millennial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2016 at 8:32am
We had a chain of hardware & garden stores called Aco in our area, then Ace bought them out... they always had great deals and no commercials. I miss it...

The staggered/jumbled/random singing of their original jingle is horrid
I am part of the target audience....and I hate it.
Kim S View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Kim S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2016 at 12:11am
All of these damned Ace Hardware ads are now on my list to mute, mainly because of that stupid crap they sing at the end that just is idiotic.
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2016 at 7:07pm
♫ Ace is the place to hear stupid annoying jingles... that make you want to shove an ice pick into your ear or better yet throw it at these people who are singing this stupid-ass song and it goes right through their foreheads and their brains spill out onto the floor but don't eat the brains unless you're a zombie... derp-dee-derp... ♫
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2016 at 8:30pm

♫ Ace is the place to hear stupid annoying jingles... that make you want to shove an ice pick into your ear or better yet throw it at these people who are singing this stupid-ass song and it goes right through their foreheads and their brains spill out onto the floor but don't eat the brains unless you're a zombie... derp-dee-derp... ♫
Ice picks are on aisle 4.   Tongue

Honestly, Ace does have more helpful hardware men and women than Lowes and Home Depot combined.

Yes, the Ace Hardware jingle is rather annoying, but it's nowhere near as bad as the "Safelite Repair.., Safelite Replace" jingle.   Personally, I will NEVER use Safelite's services simply because I can't stand the jingle.

What's more, they know it's horrid, but they keep using it anyway.

ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2016 at 1:25am
New one I just saw. If you buy motor oil for a squeaky hinge, you are a complete moron!

vector220 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vector220 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2016 at 3:08pm
The jingle... oh Lord the jingle... next time I hear this Adagio by Samuel Barber will ring through my head and platoon flashbacks will appear. It gives me major aneurysms and AIDS, my ears are bleeding. F***ing c*** bags they're the Aces of masochism more than hardware
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2016 at 6:19am

In elementary school, you eat paste. It's what you do!  And eat boogers.[/QUOTE]
Umm, you just created the next ad for Geico. They always use a tag line like that. If I were you, I'd get one of those meat wagon chasing lawyers and patent that line and sue Geico for royalties.

Back to that retarded commercial, I'm waiting for the version where a rapper raps crap at the end like: Ace is the place for the helpful hardware man: yez yea yea, keepin it real in the fealy, that brown paint is going down when I go down on one of those prostitots from 5 Below, cause I'm goin down, yea yea yea...  You can see how much sense that makes. Wait, I better get one of those meat wagon barristers and sue Ace when they take my rap crap drivel in their next commercial. Yea, Yea, Yea!

I approve this message.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2016 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by zippyjet zippyjet wrote:

[/COLOR]
Back to that retarded commercial, I'm waiting for the version where a rapper raps crap at the end like: Ace is the place for the helpful hardware man: yez yea yea, keepin it real in the fealy, that brown paint is going down when I go down on one of those prostitots from 5 Below, cause I'm goin down, yea yea yea...  You can see how much sense that makes. Wait, I better get one of those meat wagon barristers and sue Ace when they take my rap crap drivel in their next commercial. Yea, Yea, Yea!

ROFLMAO!!!!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2016 at 8:25pm
New f'n low for Ace Hardware! I didn't mind all of these jingles THAT much at first...but then have a chorus of 9-year-olds singing? My ears just bled. F--k you very much!

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/Ayjj/ace-hardware-cmn-hospitals-bucket-sale-future-customers
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic