Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Addiction Network "I wish my..." (video)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Addiction Network "I wish my..." (video)
    Posted: 31 Mar 2016 at 7:32pm
WTF is with 'The Addiction Network'?

At 55 seconds in...where did they get poor little Tommy Trailertrash and is it the intention of 'The Addiction Network' to imply 'No Insurance, No Help'?

Cry"I wish my family had insurance. I could have had the best help available."

Forget it, Spineless Tommy Whiner - now go rob someone...
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2016 at 7:38pm
LOLLOL
Jesus Mary!  Ears like that will not help you be successful!
verminstew View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote verminstew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2016 at 10:41pm
WOW! They are really taking a beating on their Facebook page for that bit at the end about the insurance.

And does anyone else notice the phone number?  I thought 555 was only used in the movies.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2016 at 1:00am

I'm just waiting for some board member to get pissy because his 15 minutes of fame came from those 5 seconds... 

"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
i8acannibal View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2016 at 12:22pm
Poor little Tommy.... Since his insurance didn't cover the addiction network, he went out and overdosed... Isn't millionaire insurance wonderful? With that, Tommy could have gone to the Malibu treatment centers....
Say something clever here...

No, I'm too lazy. Imagine it yourself.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2016 at 7:03pm
I scored high on my drug test.

A Millennial View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Millennial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2016 at 10:09pm
Originally posted by i8acannibal i8acannibal wrote:

Poor little Tommy.... Since his insurance didn't cover the addiction network, he went out and overdosed... Isn't millionaire insurance wonderful? With that, Tommy could have gone to the Malibu treatment centers....

He couldve gone to Passages Malibu, like Lindsey Lohan, that plays commercials during the day time. If only he had insurance & not a weak and addictive personality. 
I am part of the target audience....and I hate it.
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2016 at 5:27pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

I scored high on my drug test.

This is a much cheaper treatment. I just can't picture someone dealing with a drinking or drug issue..fighting the withdrawal - the vomiting, sweating, shaking, trouble focusing on anything -  Deciding to take a walk to the park to read a damn book.

Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2016 at 6:32pm
Originally posted by ThatNerdInPhilly ThatNerdInPhilly wrote:

This is a much cheaper treatment. I just can't picture someone dealing with a drinking or drug issue..fighting the withdrawal - the vomiting, sweating, shaking, trouble focusing on anything -  Deciding to take a walk to the park to read a damn book.

I wonder if the book title is "PDR - Physicians' Desk Reference"?  LOLLOL
videotapeguy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote videotapeguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2016 at 2:36am
Boy, did I have a long hiatus.

This commercial, because I have seen it too many times to count on Antenna TV, is driving me to frustration. I imitate the guy.

"If you have a problem with addiction, you need to call The Addiction Network NOW!!!!!!!!"
Back after three years away from here.
Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2016 at 11:29am
Pretty sad that they won't help you out with your addiction if you don't have insurance. If Heroin addict Tommy ends up dead of a Heroin overdose after he was turned down at Addiction Network because he had no insurance, it should eat their souls and way heavily on their conscience. There should be places that will help you overcome your addiction for free.
My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D.😀 Hitting on a Lesbian who speaks to you and about you like trash means you're REALLY desperate! 😀

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2016 at 9:23pm
Originally posted by Donathan Donathan wrote:

Pretty sad that they won't help you out with your addiction if you don't have insurance. If Heroin addict Tommy ends up dead of a Heroin overdose after he was turned down at Addiction Network because he had no insurance, it should eat their souls and way heavily on their conscience. There should be places that will help you overcome your addiction for free.

So, counselors should work free of charge, and in facilities that charge no rent to the businesses inside?  And what about the electricity, computers etc. in the building?  Should the electric company and internet provider give the business free lights and internet?  What about insurance for the business?  Should Hartford provide that at no cost?

Nothing's free.  Someone has to pay for it.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2016 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Originally posted by BananaRammer BananaRammer wrote:

So, counselors should work free of charge, and in facilities that charge no rent to the businesses inside?  And what about the electricity, computers etc. in the building?  Should the electric company and internet provider give the business free lights and internet?  What about insurance for the business?  Should Hartford provide that at no cost?

Nothing's free.  Someone has to pay for it.

I'm sick and tired of all the little freeloading, trashy 'Tommys'...
WinkThor...if they don't have insurance, maybe they should sign up for SoylentGreen Co...or maybe we can just kill them. More for us.
Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2016 at 7:14pm
I pay the Government my taxes and they are supposed to use that taxes money so that they can fund free Rehab for drug addicts to get off of the drug(s) that are making their families cry in agonized sorrow seeing their loved one statmy out all night at drug bender parties and is slowly putting their loved one into an early drug overdosed grave!    
My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D.😀 Hitting on a Lesbian who speaks to you and about you like trash means you're REALLY desperate! 😀

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2016 at 7:18pm

^I'm guessing you are more of a burden on senior tax payers than an ASSet!

Weren't you complaining about some soup kitchen?
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2016 at 9:17pm

I pay the Government my taxes and they are supposed to use that taxes money so that they can fund free Rehab for drug addicts to get off of the drug(s) that are making their families cry in agonized sorrow seeing their loved one statmy out all night at drug bender parties and is slowly putting their loved one into an early drug overdosed grave!    

You work at Walgreens.  Unless you're a pharmacist or store manager, I seriously doubt you pay any tax.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2016 at 9:19pm

I think that was Reg.

Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2016 at 11:15pm
I pay Federal taxes. Those taxes that I pay the Government should be used to fund free Rehab for drug addicts! The Government should be paying for the Rehab Center's doctors, nurses, lights, food, room and board, etc with the taxes that I and millions of other adults pay!

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2016 at 1:28am
Originally posted by BananaRammer BananaRammer wrote:

I pay Federal taxes. Those taxes that I pay the Government should be used to fund free Rehab for drug banana addicts! The Government should be paying for the Rehab Center's doctors, nurses, lights, food, room and board, etc with the taxes that I and millions of other adults pay!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2016 at 8:13am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I think that was Reg.

You are correct, sir.  But Donna WAS talking about a member named 'Soup kitchen'.

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Soup Kitchen is already a bad taste in the mouth.

Seriously, Soup Kitchen just joined less than an hour ago and is already insulting this board and leaving a stupid post that was beyond ridiculous had nothing to do with the topic. I honestly think he is a Troll who needs to learn some basic Newbie etiquette.
Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2016 at 10:22am
Soup Kitchen was a brand new Newbie and already insulting CIH Members! And them he posted a nonsense post that had very little if anything to do with the topic! What a Douchebag Prick Soup Kitchen was!

Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2016 at 1:19pm

And here I thought the government used that money to invest in fiscal think-tanks to come up with ever more clever and abrasive ways to extract any hint of joy from our lives.  Go figure.  Angry

ONN7374 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ONN7374 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2016 at 12:09pm
There's something about that guy on the commercial that simply goes against my grain...NOW!!
Ugh! Whenever that commercial comes on and catches me by surprise, It's all I can do to hit the mute mutton as quickly as I can. Yeesh!
steph70 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steph70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2016 at 7:55am

"If my family only had insurance"
            W H A T ?!?!?.....
       This cracks me up

First of all, how old is he???
I'm guessing in his early 20's,so why would his "family" be carrying him on their insurance???
And when the commercial first came out he wasn't on it. Its like they added him.        Which I've noticed, sometimes he's on it and sometimes he's not.
** so is the poor guy still out there getting high somewhere using the money they paid him for being in the tv ad? Lol   Or bc of "no insurance" he couldn't get the best help available, so he just SETTLED for the "Addiction Network"??
      So CONFUSING!!! Lol!!!    
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2016 at 8:46am
Originally posted by steph70 steph70 wrote:

"If my family only had insurance"
            W H A T ?!?!?.....
       This cracks me up

First of all, how old is he???
I'm guessing in his early 20's,so why would his "family" be carrying him on their insurance???
And when the commercial first came out he wasn't on it. Its like they added him.        Which I've noticed, sometimes he's on it and sometimes he's not.
** so is the poor guy still out there getting high somewhere using the money they paid him for being in the tv ad? Lol   Or bc of "no insurance" he couldn't get the best help available, so he just SETTLED for the "Addiction Network"??
      So CONFUSING!!! Lol!!!    

WinkHi  and Welcome Aboard!

I hope I can clear a few things.
First, most good insurance plans will allow one to cover family members until they are 26, so that kid LOOKS like he could have been covered -the questions really are:
1.) If pre-ObamaCare, did 'his parents' even have insurance?  
2.) Did his parents love him enough?
When the commercial originally came out, he was the last thing on the full-length version, but off of all shorter versions.
"WHY, PaW, whyyyy would the Addiction Network discount that poor child?!!", you might ask. 
'The Baby Jeezus will not approve' would be a fair assumption, but then that poor kid looks like the whiney trailer park trash kid from grade school who used to get beat up by girls. And then, those ears!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic