Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Panera- Clean Pairings 'Cyclist' (video)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Panera- Clean Pairings 'Cyclist' (video)
    Posted: 31 Mar 2016 at 6:46pm
One of these stores has opened in this area. I see there have been several topics before.

Are they trying to change the fast food sandwich game? I don't even like soup.

As a matter of fact, my stepdaughter and her fiance went there and were not very impressed at all.
Small portions with high prices, is what they said.
If you pay $20 for 2 people, I would think, I would want to be full when I left.

JMHO but I think the ahole cyclist should take his helmet off outside! Angry

I just don't like their attitude! Angry

Sponsored Links

usmaak View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2016 at 7:00pm
I've always liked Panera.  Their bread is good and I do walk out full when I'm done.  Yea, I do agree it's a bit expensive, but it seems like just about everything is, these days.  They have really good cookies, if you're in to that sort of thing. :)
LiberryGirl View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote LiberryGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2016 at 7:46pm
I just don't like the "clean food" concept. As opposed to dirty food? Must be one of those stupid hipster inventions.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2016 at 8:47pm
No, it IS 'clean food' - no additives, etc...and I too like Panera, always walk out full & feeling really good.
They've been around forever - huge chain. Last time I ate at one was a few weeks back and it happened to be one I helped build about 20 years ago, when I would work 'Labor Ready' during my off-hours. It was a blast going into a place I helped build but never went into after it opened (because I wasn't anywhere near it for many years).
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2016 at 9:36pm
I'll ride a bike but I'll never become a "bicyclist".  I wouldn't want to have to wear helmets and that stretchy Euro "Look at me.  I'm a bicyclist" clothing.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2016 at 11:52pm
^^^Oh, as a devout cyclist for many years, I will point out PaWism #54: 'clothing does not the cyclist make'. I've always been 'dumpster glorious'- life is easier when everyone thinks you're nothing more than a bum. Homey don't do spandex, wear funny hats, or walk like a cowboy after his first 'bareback' ride (that would mean him on the horse) or his first 'brokeback' ride (Cryoh no no no no...that ain't ever gonna happen) .
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2016 at 2:52am
'clean' fails to sell me food--it sounds clinical and really retarded
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2016 at 4:10am
^^^It sounds really retarded until you beat cancer and only then begin to understand the true value of organic and otherwise 'clean' foods. I'd eat that way every day if I could afford it.
I say this because I got sold on it after watching a very good friend win the battle at Roswell Institute and support through Gilda's House.
CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2016 at 4:23am
What bothers me the most about these commercials is the hipster chick announcer with her wispy "I'm a cool treehugger, I eat sticks and twigs" voice. 
Children are just God's little way of punishing us for having sex
Bikerunlift View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Bikerunlift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2016 at 7:59pm
I am a cyclist. I log 25-40 miles a day year round in Erie, PA, even with the snow and wind. I cycle and eat clean because I have Milton sclerosis and lupus. Cycling and clean eating have kept me mobile. That said, I don't eat at Panera and I don't wear spandex.

I am with you that the chick doing the announcing is beyond annoying. This is an ad I have to mute as soon as I hear her say the word soup. It also annoys me that the cyclists in the ad are satisfied with such small amounts of food. I inhale food for almost an hour straight when I finish my ride. Oh, and I don't eat bread, but that's just me.
i8acannibal View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2016 at 9:02pm
I actually like Panera Bread. That being said, I can't afford it. When I do get to go, it's when my mother comes up to visit and collect rent.. (Long story) She pays and makes me feel insignificant as always, even if I can pay for both of us. Sometimes it even feels creepy, because I'm at that age where I look like we could be "together". Keep in mind, my mom is 63, but also a bodybuilder who took second place in a national competition. Hot waitresses look at me like "what are you doing?" Bah. I digress. Alcohol is a good thing. Right? Maybe? Probably not? Damn drunken days off..Confused
Say something clever here...

No, I'm too lazy. Imagine it yourself.
potofgold View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote potofgold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2016 at 9:26pm
Originally posted by Bikerunlift Bikerunlift wrote:

It also annoys me that the cyclists in the ad are satisfied with such small amounts of food. I inhale food for almost an hour straight when I finish my ride. Oh, and I don't eat bread, but that's just me.

Ditto - when I come home from a ride I am completely ravenous! That puny little sandwich would not do it for me at all.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2016 at 9:53pm
Originally posted by potofgold potofgold wrote:

It also annoys me that the cyclists in the ad are satisfied with such small amounts of food. I inhale food for almost an hour straight when I finish my ride. Oh, and I don't eat bread, but that's just me.

Ditto - when I come home from a ride I am completely ravenous! That puny little sandwich would not do it for me at all.

The food always looks good in their commercials, but yeah, the servings look small.  Seems more a place for a coupla upper middle class housewives to eat during a day of shopping at Nordstrom's and Macy's.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2016 at 9:54pm
Originally posted by i8acannibal i8acannibal wrote:

I actually like Panera Bread. That being said, I can't afford it. When I do get to go, it's when my mother comes up to visit and collect rent.. (Long story) She pays and makes me feel insignificant as always, even if I can pay for both of us. Sometimes it even feels creepy, because I'm at that age where I look like we could be "together". Keep in mind, my mom is 63, but also a bodybuilder who took second place in a national competition. Hot waitresses look at me like "what are you doing?" Bah. I digress. Alcohol is a good thing. Right? Maybe? Probably not? Damn drunken days off..Confused

That's a lot to digest there, i8.

i8acannibal View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2016 at 10:24pm
Yeah, I figured..Confused 
Say something clever here...

No, I'm too lazy. Imagine it yourself.
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2016 at 12:47am
There's either a sitcom, or a gritty BBC Four drama in that post....
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2016 at 2:17am
Originally posted by potofgold potofgold wrote:

I'm much the same but I am very particular about what I eat and drink for awhile after a ride.
I'll munch on deli meats & cheeses (if it is close to 'shopping day', I've probably got a bunch of smoked salmon around, tooSmile), maybe a banana, a ton of water and my usual gallon of green tea with ginseng & honey. Once I'm feeling simply grand, I'll slide into the Molsons Ices, which usually impacts all the good I've done....Big smile

ItsAllTME View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ItsAllTME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2016 at 10:14am
Originally posted by CaptainErnie CaptainErnie wrote:

What bothers me the most about these commercials is the hipster chick announcer with her wispy "I'm a cool treehugger, I eat sticks and twigs" voice. 

Her voice.... ugh. Plus how many times can one 30-second commercial use the words "clean" & "real"? I understand everything old is new again, but why not just say that we should all try to eat like people did before food in general was McDonald'ized? Dropping the phrase "clean & real" with that voice every 5 seconds does nothing for me except remind me to be thankful I'm a Gen X'er & not in any way affiliated with these damn hipsters.
A Millennial View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Millennial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2016 at 8:28pm
Originally posted by LiberryGirl LiberryGirl wrote:

I just don't like the "clean food" concept. As opposed to dirty food? Must be one of those stupid hipster inventions.

according to Panera, I've seen another commercial that "clean" means low calorie... I know, totally didnt think calories. They must have a completely different definition than us
I am part of the target audience....and I hate it.
CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2016 at 12:14am
"Soup and sandwich, and Shweddy Balls"
Children are just God's little way of punishing us for having sex
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2016 at 3:40am
Originally posted by A Millennial A Millennial wrote:

Originally posted by LiberryGirl LiberryGirl wrote:

according to Panera, I've seen another commercial that "clean" means low calorie... I know, totally didnt think calories. They must have a completely different definition than us
Weird; that's pretty much something I've only ever heard in my fitness/lifting circles. When bulking, you do a "clean" bulk by only eating a little over your maintenance (100-200 calories) for slower weight gain, but less chance of excessive fat gain, and a "dirty" bulk by eating 500+ calories over in order to make quicker gains, but with more fat gain.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
CapeCat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapeCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2016 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by ItsAllTME ItsAllTME wrote:

Her voice.... ugh. Plus how many times can one 30-second commercial use the words "clean" & "real"? I understand everything old is new again, but why not just say that we should all try to eat like people did before food in general was McDonald'ized? Dropping the phrase "clean & real" with that voice every 5 seconds does nothing for me except remind me to be thankful I'm a Gen X'er & not in any way affiliated with these damn hipsters.
 That's exactly what bugs me about the commercial..with the added annoyance of "...and" beginning every breathy phrase, as if she couldn't speak a full sentence without running out of air.  It's beating us over the head with just how clean and low-calorie everything is.  Wow, I am all for clean food - who isn't??  I am not, however, enthusiastic about paying a lot of money for 100-calorie, two-bite clean food.  That's mighty tiny food to go along with the tiny houses and whatever else is trendy today.    
CapeCat
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2016 at 3:55pm
i figured it out..why i hate and detest this 'green' slogan so much..

'clean pairings' sound like a new pair of UNDIES

FU Paradise I mean 'Panera'-sounding so NEW AGE now

they are the organic SUBWAY
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
windycitykit View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote windycitykit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2016 at 9:15pm
Originally posted by CapeCat CapeCat wrote:

Originally posted by ItsAllTME ItsAllTME wrote:

That's exactly what bugs me about the commercial..with the added annoyance of "...and" beginning every breathy phrase, as if she couldn't speak a full sentence without running out of air.  It's beating us over the head with just how clean and low-calorie everything is.  Wow, I am all for clean food - who isn't??  I am not, however, enthusiastic about paying a lot of money for 100-calorie, two-bite clean food.  That's mighty tiny food to go along with the tiny houses and whatever else is trendy today.    

I was coming here to b*tch about this pretentious commerical, and so glad to see I am not alone in my hatred!  Love your comments and I have nothing more to add except "Misery loves company!".  You all Rock!! Smile
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2016 at 9:36pm

We do rock!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic