Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The blanket that you wear...the Snuggie!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Droshi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2009 at 9:36am
Dammit! I read all the replies to make sure no one mentioned Crocs before I made my genius comment, and I was thwarted on the last one.

For the record, the comment was "Take a look at their feet and I'll almost guarantee you'll see a pair of matching Crocs."

:(
Sponsored Links

Wild Starchild View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wild Starchild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2009 at 9:58pm
I used to hate crocs. I always thought they were ugly as hell, and they are, but when they wife and I were going to Hawaii, I wanted something easy to wear on and off the beach and easy to wash sand off. I got a couple pairs of crocs, cause I HATE wearing flipflops, they hurt my toes. I still think the crocs are ugly, but they are a hell of a lot easier going through airport security, and to the kids ballgames. Plus, I can wear them out and replace them easily, a hell of a lot cheaper than regular shoes. They are comfortable, and this is coming from someone who used to despise them just like you guys.

This Snuggie thing, as always, they'll throw in a second one for another shipping and handling fee.....which translates to, "We COULD sell you this thing for half the price, but then you'd be paying more for shipping , than for the actual product. Also You'll need to pay us twice for reaching across the table to grab TWO bags of these things, when we COULD package two of them in one bag,  but we're NOT that intelligent."
AW DAMN!!!! Wild Shot the friggin TV again!!!
Skerlnik View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skerlnik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2009 at 10:17pm
Horrifying thought:  What if McDonald's co-advertised with this?  

SnugNuts?    LOL

Actually, that's more of a Hanes tie-in......

"Oh, bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...
pinniped View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinniped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2009 at 10:47pm
Originally posted by HollyRock HollyRock wrote:

Wow that's funny.

It's a robe that they wear backwards!

The family looks like they're in a cult.  Not sure if I prefer the marshmallow roast or football game scene. 

They should really keep their snuggies away from open flames.

I hope these BBQ'ing druids don't try to wear this crap in the chemistry lab.  The Bunsen burner would burn their snuggies to a crisp, and the emergency shower would have to be utilized.

Wear this at Stonehenge on the next summer solstice, and you'll fit right in.

Somehow these druids got their hands on the white one.

SO I GO ON VEHIX.COM!....GOT A CAR TO SELL!....BUYING A CAR IS HARD!
kk218 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kk218 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2009 at 11:15pm
If I ever see a bald guy wearing a snuggie at a football game (like the commercial shows), I'll yell

"OMG IT'S ST. FRANCIS OF ASSISSI!"
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2009 at 11:17pm
Originally posted by kk218 kk218 wrote:

If I ever see a bald guy wearing a snuggie at a football game (like the commercial shows), I'll yell

LOLLOLLOLLOL
LOL
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Skerlnik View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skerlnik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2009 at 11:19pm

LOL    Then ask him why he's appearing there, rather than on a corn tortilla in some small village in Guatamala......

N-Dizzle View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N-Dizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2009 at 11:28pm
Originally posted by Skerlnik Skerlnik wrote:

LOL    Then ask him why he's appearing there, rather than on a corn tortilla in some small village in Guatamala......

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
jenjen View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jenjen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2009 at 11:15pm
Oh goodie you can get baby spit up, dog hair and dog vomit on your snuggie!!!!Tongue
ToxicShock View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ToxicShock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2009 at 4:17am
Originally posted by Skerlnik Skerlnik wrote:

Horrifying thought:  What if McDonald's co-advertised with this?  

SnugNuts?    LOL

Actually, that's more of a Hanes tie-in......

Or Extenze...
QueenofAnvilania View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QueenofAnvilania Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2009 at 4:32pm

For some reason, my dad and I always joke about the Snuggie. I say that they look like those stupid sweaters that Alvin and the Chipmunks wear. I used to think those things were dresses when I was a little kid. I mean LOOK AT THEM!

But he says this (and I quote):
"After you buy that thing, it looks and feels nice. (I guess.) UNTIL! The phone rings. You get up, but the Snuggie is too long, so you trip and fall flat on your face! Then, you get up on your feet again, and when you get to the phone, you can't pick it up because the darn sleeves are too long, so when you try to pick up the phone, the sleeves get in the way, the phone falls down, you can't pick it up, and eventually, you're forced to sit on the floor by the phone until the cord falls and stretches down low enough for you to pick it up."

And that causes me to say, "We're not buying a Snuggie."
N-Dizzle View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N-Dizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2009 at 6:14am
Originally posted by Wild Starchild Wild Starchild wrote:

I used to hate crocs. I always thought they were ugly as hell, and they are, but when they wife and I were going to Hawaii, I wanted something easy to wear on and off the beach and easy to wash sand off. I got a couple pairs of crocs, cause I HATE wearing flipflops, they hurt my toes. I still think the crocs are ugly, but they are a hell of a lot easier going through airport security, and to the kids ballgames. Plus, I can wear them out and replace them easily, a hell of a lot cheaper than regular shoes. They are comfortable, and this is coming from someone who used to despise them just like you guys.

Agreed.    I hate flip flops, the little strap thing between the toes is murder.   Plus they're so flat and crummy there isn't any real support.   I don't see how people wear those things all the time.   My feet and I would be dead from wearing those things.     Plus, I'm not a sandal person.   For the sake of your fellow man, men just shouldn't wear open toe shoes.   For some people, it just should be illegal. WinkWink

As far as Crocs, I don't have the balls to wear those out in public.    I don't even have the balls to buy them! EmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassed    
SunnyBunny View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SunnyBunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2009 at 6:04pm
I love flip flops (and ugg boots.  Yeah.Embarrassed)  I have a pair in every color, flips flops that is.  Must be a California thing or something, because right now it is pretty chilly outside and people are wearing winter jackets....but have flip flops on their feet.ShockedLOL  If I didn't have Bio lab and wasn't required to wear close-toed shoes, I'd be wearing them, too!Embarrassed  I admit that some of them are uncomfortable, especially the ones that have the rubber straps, (you're just asking for a blister with those things).  I always buy ones that I know will be comfortable and won't rub against my feet. 
I absolutely hate those crocs, though.  Yargh.  When I went to Hawaii, there was a huge crocs store at the mall and every Japanese tourist within the vicinity it seemed had purchased at least one pair of them.  Some people had a few boxes!Shocked  It was crazy.  And some of those things aren't cheap either.  I just think they are ugly as sin.Dead
I do like my Ugg boots though, even though my husband says they make my feet look huge.LOL I don't care, man.  They are soooo cozy.  When I die I want my coffin to be giant Ugg boot; just slide me right in.Thumbs%20Up Only down side is that you have to be careful not to get them wet or wear them when it is or you think it is going to rain; they're suede, and you all know what happens when suede gets wet, just ask Jerry Seinfeld.LOL

Skerlnik View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skerlnik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2009 at 11:24pm
I'll stick to wearing my beat up old hiking boots 90% of the time.   Although, I have some Teva sandals that aren't bad.  
Buffalo Bill View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buffalo Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2009 at 2:29am
The old guy looks like Emperor Palpatine
---------------
THIS IS MY SIGNATURE. NOT THE LINE ABOVE.
ToxicShock View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ToxicShock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2009 at 9:14pm
This may have already been mentioned, but why does the woman selling this product say "it's machine washable so you'll get years of comfort (or something)." Does something you can't wash in the machine suddenly last less?

She also says that products similar to this sell for up to 60 bucks. Really? Where?
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2009 at 4:29pm

Fleece. Nice. Warm. Great on a cool evening.

And when your wife farts (oh yes they do!) under a fleece blanket, you can rip the blanket off and run, right after you've been blamed. NOTHING holds a fart like a fleece blanket!
So, Snuggies are GOOD!
Let her fart; let her bi*ch, moan, and gripe all she wants about who committed the crime - there is but one butt under the Snuggie.

(one wonders...after that large, soupy Mexican-Chinese dinner and you've settled down on the couch...if you catch the Snuglette, bind her hands behind her back and close the hood in front of her face, how long do you think she'd last, running around in circles while gassing herself? If she succumbed, think you might face charges for aiding and abetting? How much do you think you'd get for that stinkin' De Beer's diamond? If it wasn't enough, would selling her Snuggie (washed) at the subsequent yard sale make up the difference? The Inquiring Mindless need to know!)  Confused
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Illustrious Video Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2009 at 5:18pm
Pa, look at the design.  They're open in the back....
Let's try not to be boring, mkay?
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2009 at 5:43pm

ConfusedReally? If that is so, what good are they?
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
SheRa View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SheRa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2009 at 7:22pm

My (admittedly drunk) father saw this ad for the first time, and goes (in an irish accent):

"ahh, Father Bartholomew!"
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2009 at 9:20pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Wouldn't that be like an over-sized robe, worn backwards........
CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2009 at 4:33am
Guess what I got for Christmas?

FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2009 at 5:07am
Originally posted by MrsHill MrsHill wrote:

Guess what I got for Christmas?

ANNNNNND?  What's the verdict?
GoMEAT85 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoMEAT85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2009 at 5:08am
There was another informercial about a "Snuggie/Slanket" last night and it showed a whole audience wearing them. It looked like a cult convention.

(I'm Chanél & I approve of this message.)
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2009 at 5:40am
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Wouldn't that be like an over-sized robe, worn backwards........

Imagine if they WERE actually backwards, in that the hood came up and covered the face? LOL there would be a lot of poor bastards stumbling around and bumping into things!LOL
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic