Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The blanket that you wear...the Snuggie!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meinga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2008 at 7:12pm

This commercial is absolutely hilarious!  The best part is where the family is at the game and they high 5 each other ...what a bunch of dorks!  Like everyone said, they look like monks, especially in the maroon colored one.  I could see making one of these, and wearing it at home, but not out in public LOL

Sponsored Links

N-Dizzle View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N-Dizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2008 at 11:05pm
WTF?   Don't we already have this?   It's called putting your bath robe on backwards!! LOL
IceFroggyFrog View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IceFroggyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2008 at 11:29pm
Extra large, for the whole family. Something about that doesn't compute (see the sport scene).

And how did they come up with a $75.00 value? What does it mean?

Great video, Fraukruspe.
FrauKruspe View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrauKruspe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2008 at 1:16am
I am honestly surprised no one has come across that Cult of Snuggie video. It's effing perfect.
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2008 at 3:20am
Originally posted by meinga meinga wrote:

This commercial is absolutely hilarious!  The best part is where the family is at the game and they high 5 each other ...what a bunch of dorks!  Like everyone said, they look like monks, especially in the maroon colored one.  I could see making one of these, and wearing it at home, but not out in public LOL

You'd probably see them on an ESPN highlights tape.LOL
"The Saints are on the 5yard line, goal to go. The fans are on their feet.......even that family of monks."Embarrassed 
HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Illustrious Video Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2008 at 1:33pm
Originally posted by FrauKruspe FrauKruspe wrote:

I am honestly surprised no one has come across that Cult of Snuggie video. It's effing perfect.

I did enjoy that.

LOVED the part with the little book light - effing perfect, indeed.
Let's try not to be boring, mkay?
DirtyD79 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DirtyD79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2008 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by HollyRock HollyRock wrote:

Originally posted by FrauKruspe FrauKruspe wrote:

I did enjoy that.

LOVED the part with the little book light - effing perfect, indeed.

Then after enough nights of reading with only that book light you'll need to get those really thick fishbowl glasses. Which one day you'll set down at the wrong angle in the sun and set a fire boy scout/McGyver style.

Yes making fires with magnifying glasses really does work.
Mind on My Money, Money on My Beer
sharonite View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sharonite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2008 at 5:13pm
I'm surprised that nobody's noted that snuggie is a synonym/euphemism for wedgie!
TWCFan View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TWCFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2008 at 5:41pm
In today's PC world, we don't used the word "cult" anymore. We use "religious movement".
Closing logos! Now that's something I can watch on TV.
Skerlnik View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skerlnik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2008 at 6:37pm
Originally posted by TWCFan TWCFan wrote:

In today's PC world, we don't used the word "cult" anymore. We use "religious movement".

But "Blue Oyster Religious Movement" just doesn't have any zazz......
"Oh, bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...
N-Dizzle View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N-Dizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2008 at 10:50pm
Question, if I stop at a church to use the restroom, would that count as a "Religious Movement"?  LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
doggiethedog View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doggiethedog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2008 at 12:46am
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

Originally posted by meinga meinga wrote:

You'd probably see them on an ESPN highlights tape.LOL
"The Saints are on the 5yard line, goal to go. The fans are on their feet.......even that family of monks."Embarrassed 
Who'd do the voiceover- Berman, Mayne, or Stewart Scott (BOOYAHH!!!)
Sometimes you feel like an Idol
Sometimes you feel like an Idiot
shebazz View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shebazz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2008 at 2:49am
What the fing mf was that!?! It's called a poncho - it's been around for quite a Hwile. Or a sweater...
N-Dizzle View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N-Dizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2008 at 4:46am
Originally posted by shebazz shebazz wrote:

What the fing mf was that!?! It's called a poncho - it's been around for quite a Hwile. Or a sweater...

What?   Don't you mean a while?

And wow, 500 already!!   ClapClapClapClapClap
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2008 at 7:26am
Originally posted by N-Dizzle N-Dizzle wrote:

And wow, 500 already!!   ClapClapClapClapClap

Um, you're supposed to wait for other people to congratulate you.  Congratulating yourself is kind of tacky. Confused
shebazz View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shebazz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2008 at 8:16am
In the future, all will wear Snuggies. I for one welcome our new Snuggie overlords.
Mr.Wattles View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr.Wattles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2008 at 5:21am
I actually love all these 1-800 commericals where the product is always $19.95 + tax and shipping & handling with that movie-announcer guy voice in the background, because they're so classic and cheesy and they always say THIS ITEM IS NOT AVAILABLE IN STORES!!!!1 and then you'll see a stack of them in wal mart

but anyway, the Snuggie commerical is totally obnoxious. I have a hard time believing an adult with an average IQ couldn't figure out how to situate themselves with a blanket without too much discomfort...
Auggie View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Auggie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2008 at 5:33am
I'm getting one for Christmas. Shh, I'm not supposed to know. My sister is lazy and I always wrap her presents for her. I think it looks neat for the way I would use it. I'm not going to a sports game with it or sitting outside where people might see me, or getting a matching set for the family. I like to sit in bed and use my laptop or read. The Snuggie looks better than a sweater. If I get too hot, I can take off the sleeves of the Snuggie easily, instead of having to take off my glasses and pull a sweater over my head. She also paid only, like, 10 bucks, which is about all it's worth.

That family does look cultish. WTF? Going to a game? Being seen in public with it on? No way! That is crazy.
SokMunkie View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SokMunkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2008 at 5:36am
Originally posted by Mr.Wattles Mr.Wattles wrote:

but anyway, the Snuggie commerical is totally obnoxious. I have a hard time believing an adult with an average IQ couldn't figure out how to situate themselves with a blanket without too much discomfort...

That's the thing I hate about most of these type of commercials.  They make the simplest tasks seem difficult.
OH NOEZ!  I KAN'T HANG MY CLOTHES UP RITE!  I MUST USE NEW PRODUCT!
N-Dizzle View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N-Dizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2008 at 7:08am
Originally posted by SokMunkie SokMunkie wrote:

Originally posted by Mr.Wattles Mr.Wattles wrote:

That's the thing I hate about most of these type of commercials.  They make the simplest tasks seem difficult.
OH NOEZ!  I KAN'T HANG MY CLOTHES UP RITE!  I MUST USE NEW PRODUCT!

I Hate that kind of ad.  The ones where they show someone doing something not that hard but they make it seem like it's such a big deal.   Like using a jackhammer to clean the shower or making "folding the clothes" like running a marathon.
GoMEAT85 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoMEAT85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2008 at 12:32am
I think they're made so you can walk around the house with them & eat so you don't have to take the blanket off while you're eating...I have a hard time with anyways. You must have more arms, longer arms, or more hands than I do Ermm But I think the sleeves would be still be in the way of your food...That's funny, they have another one on QVC like it called the "Slanket" & this college kid said he invented it & they showed the EXACT SAME commercial. I smell something fishy.

(I'm Chanél & I approve of this message.)
FrauKruspe View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrauKruspe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2008 at 12:39am
Anyone notice how the logo looks a LOT like the Snuggle fabric softner? How original Ermm
ztigerpaw View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ztigerpaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2008 at 2:52am
Originally posted by Wild Starchild Wild Starchild wrote:

How would one scratch their nuts!!?? Would you have to pull in an arm and go for it, or would you lift the bottom!! OR would you go in from the back and come around the front??? I know, I think about stuff like this!!

Forget scratching your nuts, what about taking a piss? Unhappy
Stay frosty, Z
Auggie View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Auggie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2009 at 3:37am
Update since I am now an official Snuggie owner.

It's an oversized bathrobe. I like it, but it's not anything special. Go get it for $10 at Walmart like my sister did. Don't pay $19.99, plus a hefty mark-up for s&h.

I can now hold a baby! hold a dog! Answer a phone! Just like the commercial! Um, except I already did those things before I had a sleeved blanket. Anyway, it's comfy to have when I'm sitting in bed surfing the internet.
N-Dizzle View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N-Dizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2009 at 4:32am
Originally posted by shebazz shebazz wrote:

In the future, all will wear Snuggies. I for one welcome our new Snuggie overlords.

OH NO!!!!!! ShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShocked

It will be the ultimate in laziness.   People will walk around wearing Snuggies and Crocs!!

I HATE Crocs!!  DeadDeadDeadDeadAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryCensored

Angry

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic