Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Taco Bell-Quesalupa 'George Takei' (video)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Taco Bell-Quesalupa 'George Takei' (video)
    Posted: 20 Mar 2016 at 5:46pm
From Star Ship Captain to Asian Taco Bell salesman.
Sponsored Links

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2016 at 11:14pm
Kind of like a major retired CEO as a school bus driver.LOL
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2016 at 1:28am
I was gonna correct you on this one aka ron, until I remembered that he played Captain of the starship Excelsior (what a cool name!) in Undiscovered Country. Now he's a taco spokesperson. Sad. I guess they payed him lots of money.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2016 at 4:38am
More power to him...  Wink
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2016 at 1:36pm
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

I was gonna correct you on this one Jimbo, until I remembered that he played Captain of the starship Excelsior (what a cool name!) in Undiscovered Country. Now he's a taco spokesperson. Sad. I guess they payed him lots of money.
LOLWink
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2016 at 2:50pm
D'oh! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh dammit how the did that happen!? Sorry, I fixed that!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
crash1984 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crash1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2016 at 9:42am
Most Taco Bell commercials I can at least tolerate but this one is insanely annoying. That being said I do think the Quesalupa is quite addictive.
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2016 at 2:43pm
George..we get it..you're GAY...jeez

thats the problem with the LGBT community..we
damn heteros would all be cool with you if you weren't so prone
to SOAPBOXING and SHOWBOATING
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2016 at 3:44pm
Hey, even former starship captains have to eat.
Children are just God's little way of punishing us for having sex
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2016 at 2:05am
Originally posted by tikibagger tikibagger wrote:

I have a few friends and relatives who are gay. They don't hide it and don't flaunt it. The way it should be.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
deacon blues View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deacon blues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2016 at 6:57am
Very disappointing to see George lower himself in this way.
NJtoTX View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJtoTX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2016 at 3:15am
Originally posted by deacon blues deacon blues wrote:

Very disappointing to see George lower himself in this way.
Most everything he posts on his Facebook feed is clickbait. 
Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2016 at 10:44am
^ Most everything he posts isn't even posted by him, he has "staff" managing his page 90% of the time nowadays.
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2016 at 12:54pm
Hey, he's gotta make a living. I can't throw shade on George from going from T
Star Trek to shilling for Taco Bell because he needs money to eat and to live. Plus, I once sold lollipops in a strip club because I was two days away from payday and had no money. So I can't throw shade on him.
My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D.😀 Hitting on a Lesbian who speaks to you and about you like trash means you're REALLY desperate! 😀

Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2016 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

Originally posted by tikibagger tikibagger wrote:

I have a few friends and relatives who are gay. They don't hide it and don't flaunt it. The way it should be.

Havent' seen the commercial (yet, thank god), but apparently George had to put up with clueless (and possibly homophobic once you divorce it from the cluelessness?) Shatner all those years - so I pretty much give George a pass on just about anything.

That said, I think either one of them (George or Shatner) would be tremendous fun to party with, get sloppy drunk, and hear some outrageous stories, just probably not the two of them at the same time.  (Then again.....?)   

BTW: I'm sure George knows how kooky the Taco Bell ad is.  "Almost" anything for a buck?
I'm sure there are some Star Trek episodes that are just as bad.      Or maybe not?!  Tongue

As for gay flaunting, doesn't bother me.
No worse I guess than a married couple holding hands or kissing in public.
(Although most hetero-couples probably don't talk about anal sex on Howard Stern show, so I see your point there!)  And if they do, well then, I stand corrected. Confused

Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2016 at 11:20pm
The way I see it, Bryan and Thomas should have the same rights to kiss in public as Tina and Richard do.
My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D.😀 Hitting on a Lesbian who speaks to you and about you like trash means you're REALLY desperate! 😀

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic