Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ameriprise - Vocal Vomit

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ameriprise - Vocal Vomit
    Posted: 11 Mar 2016 at 3:02pm
I searched "Ameriprise" but no prior posts.... ??

The commercial is a total ear rape.
Every time I hear it, I IMMEDIATELY hit the mute or change the channel.
But last night, I made an execption so I could discover who the commercial is actually promoting, so that I could post it here.

This song sucks.  It sucks real bad.
DeadDeadDead times 10^6.  (That's six zeroes, for any of you who may have flunked math.)

One could very easily make up more appropriate lyrics for the "song", but it would be futile.
That's how bad it sucks.

Don't say I didn't warn you if you click the YouTube link above !!

Sponsored Links

CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2016 at 5:43pm
Hate the guy's wimpy voice. Hate the fact you can hear him breathing. Hate the over-modulated sound when the band kicks in. Oh yeah, hate the pussy ass lyrics too.
Children are just God's little way of punishing us for having sex
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2016 at 6:43pm
Let's celebrate our wealth by sharing it with some numbskull who collects his/her fee no matter how bad his/her decisions are.
BadAd View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BadAd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2016 at 8:47pm
This commercial makes me cover my ears and rub them up and down real fast so I can't hear it. And interestingly enough, I only know the name of the product being pimped with this irritating song because I paid attention so I could search for it here. All that agony with zero name recognition for the client. 

Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2016 at 11:13pm
Even the lyrics (as bad as they are)...

"I've been a poor man, and I've been a King."  (Emphasis on the past tense!)

So what exactly is the message they are sending? 
Stick with Ameriprise and lose the wealth of a King?!!  And what's all this has-been stuff?

Kind of sounds like Ameriprise is all over the board on this one.
I guess certainty and consistency are over-rated.

As as far as the whole "Be Inspired." tag line, the only inspiration I'm seeing is the strong desire to insta-mute this commerical.

beatlegs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote beatlegs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2016 at 7:03pm
Found this board through google and made the effort to register just so i can contribute my seething hatred for this ad. I watch MSNBC a lot and for some godforsaken reason they play it constantly. I hate the empty, meaningless lyrics, the  lazily-written, cliched music and the singer's voice. Some wanna be pop star who's probably about 21 singing about his life experiences of being a pauper and a king and holding the world on a string (whatever that means), making that annoying little grunt noise at the end of every line. It comes across as completely inauthentic even if the lyrics were bearable! One of the most awful ads ever. The song is completely meaningless and has no reason to exist, other than to put a few bucks into the pocket of some talentless hack hired by the ad agency. I despise it.
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2016 at 11:12pm
Originally posted by Anduril Anduril wrote:

Even the lyrics (as bad as they are)...

"I've been a poor man, and I've been a King."  (Emphasis on the past tense!)

So what exactly is the message they are sending? 
Stick with Ameriprise and lose the wealth of a King?!!  And what's all this has-been stuff?

Kind of sounds like Ameriprise is all over the board on this one.
I guess certainty and consistency are over-rated.

As as far as the whole "Be Inspired." tag line, the only inspiration I'm seeing is the strong desire to insta-mute this commerical.

My thought was ex Kings are usually dead.LOL
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
bshea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bshea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2016 at 12:45am
Originally posted by beatlegs beatlegs wrote:

Found this board through google and made the effort to register just so i can contribute my seething hatred for this ad. I watch MSNBC a lot and for some godforsaken reason they play it constantly [....]

^ Exactly same reason I registered.

On my all-time worst list..

It's a frenzied search for the remote when I hear it start.

Normally, the remote cannot be found quickly enough, so it's a quick jab at the channel button on the cable box. I will not go into the reasons why this commercial is so horrible.. already been well documented here.

"Ameriprise Financial" please get rid of it. Everyone I know thinks it's annoying (or worse).

Dead

Sunnyside View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunnyside Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2016 at 5:43pm
Yes, yes, yes! Some moronic 20-something with a breathing problem bragging about his vast wealth of life experiences, with oh, my goodness, so much more to come! That asthmatic gasp at the end of each gurgled line gets me every time. Arrrrgggghh! Angry Come on, Ameriprise. You can do better than this!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2016 at 6:15pm
Disapprove..bu'...bu'...bu' heez beez all inspire' an' sh*t, singin' a bad song....
When you get all 'inspired', or even just a little 'over excited', do you think everyone likes you? Or do people force their children to look the other way? Now you know how Ameriprise feels with their crappy, misleading commercial
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic