Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

LifeLock 'Fix It' (video)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LifeLock 'Fix It' (video)
    Posted: 08 Mar 2016 at 8:06pm
All of these credit monitoring services are annoying the sh*t out of me.
What bank robbers are going to be armed with a baseball bat?

Take out that display! That will show them we are serious.
Then, the douchebag 'security monitor' just stands there. Embarrassed

I think *I* can watch our accounts closer and avoid situations that might put our accounts or identity at risk. F**koff LifeLock!

Sponsored Links

ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2016 at 5:18pm
You're probably better off watching your accounts better than LifeLock. They have been sued time and time again for deceptive practices and failure to protect anything.

This article was dated back in June, I think they were again sued as recent as January.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2951192/ftc-sues-identity-protection-service-lifelock-again.html

FTC sues identity protection service LifeLock again:
Identity protection service LifeLock said Tuesday it is prepared to go to court after the U.S. Federal Trade Commission filed a fresh lawsuit alleging the company has failed to protect its users’ data and deceptively advertises its services. - LifeLock settled for US$12 million with the FTC and 35 attorneys general in 2010 for allegedly making false claims about what its service could protect consumers against.

The ad sucks, there's another one on TV peddling account monitoring annoying the hell out of me, bunch of thieves singing "Getting to Know You..." I don't know what company it is, I tune out.

PCWorld News

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2016 at 8:11pm
^ I think you are right!
F*ck them!
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2016 at 12:06am
Originally posted by ThatNerdInPhilly ThatNerdInPhilly wrote:

You're probably better off watching your accounts better than LifeLock. They have been sued time and time again for deceptive practices and failure to protect anything. 

Don't even get me started about the false sense of security.

You can go to Walmart right now and buy a Brinks padlock, complete with "Boron" steel hasp.

You can throw away that key because you won't be needing it anytime soon.
This is an unshielded lock, which means you can literally just jam a stick in it and it will unlock.
(And Master locks are even worse!)

How's that for "security"?

Here's BosnianBill's (locksmith) video showing the difference between shielded and unshielded locks.
All of the locks in the videos have other security flaws too.  That's not my point.
My point is that Brinks (as in armored car "Brinks") sells this "security" piece of sh!t at WalMart right now.

And probably to the same kinds of folks who buy into Life-Lock's credit monitoring service.  ??
I wouldn't be surprised.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2016 at 3:08am
LifeLock has been one of our favorite punching bags  for many years (they've been getting sued steadily since they opened for business).

I actually enjoy their latest commercials
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2016 at 6:41pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

LifeLock has been one of our favorite punching bags  for many years (they've been getting sued steadily since they opened for business).

I actually enjoy their latest commercials
That's one of the things I love about this forum, very educational and informative.

I can thank LifeLock for only one thing...They finally replaced the (baseball bat bandits) commercial.
If I heard  "ON THE FLOOR!!" one more time, I might do something drastic. Angry

Same old theme of stupidity, nothing getting better here.

A Millennial View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Millennial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2016 at 10:57pm
I can't take them seriously when they flashed a social security number and got outsmarted by a mentally handicapped guy who took full advantage. LOL
I am part of the target audience....and I hate it.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2016 at 12:56am
I will advise people watch their information closely.

Being one who has experienced identity theft, here I am 15 years later, still repairing smatterings of damage when found. Really didn't get hit hard (caught early, knew what to do), but things got real messy for years and we decided to go 'off the grid' (NO credit, NO checking accounts for many years), which can be almost as bad when you try to come back.
All kinds of alarms go off due to age and inactivity.
You almost do not exist and creditors act like you are 'unscannable', or that you must be using fake social security/tax i.d. numbers and are probably an 'American Terrorist'.
Yea, I have re-established accounts.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic